• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Paragon Ore Elementals

G

I'm trying to understand the point in having them at all, I've see people saying it deters script miners but I can't figure out how since script miners would mine in Fel like all the rest of the non-carpal seeking miners. The spawn rate is too ridiculously low to even really spark interest in specifically hunting them (after 4 hours of solid mining without spotting one, I went back to Fel) except for the obsessive collector of paragon chests. Now if ONLY paragon elementals spawned in Ilshenar that'd be interesting, but as it stands I'd rather get double resources and regular ellies in Fel than waste my picks in Ilshenar hoping for a paragon.

Rey~

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Paragons don't deter script miners - BLACKROCK Eles deter them.

You've got your threads crossed.

It is their very rarity why my guild hunts them. Well, that and they're fun to fight.

I don't mine in Fel for one simple reason.

All risk, no reward.

Double resources mean jack if someone kills you and loots you (which is what happened to me 90% of the time I went to Fel for any resource gathering). And, there's too much competition for the spots in guard zones to bother with. Why should I care about the 2 in the bush, when I can have one in hand?

Trammel and malas are for the non-combat-capable miners.
Fel is for the PvP miner (and miner-killers like Slim).

Ilshenar is for the miner that likes combat, but detests PvP. The creatures in Trammel are too weak, and if we wanted to PvP we'd be on some other character at a champ or Gate-sitting. Ilshenar has interesting places, where we meet interesting creatures, and kill them (if we're lucky - $%%$#$% paragon lich lords & greater dragons)

Plus, there's a hell of a lot less competition for the same veins, since you can't recall in. (less of an issue now, but still not man people willing to walk that far into the Ilshenar hinterlands to exploit the resources).

G

Ahh yeah BRE's gotcha, got my mining spawn mixed up. Doesn't paragon elementals seem like a waste though? The paragons don't give double resources, require mining of the appropriate level to pop, and are ultra rare. All this for a chest with a name on it, where as every other paragon (including at least a dozen that are MUCH tougher) can be found wandering openly.

How do you hunt them as a guild event? 1 person mining while everyone else waits around?

I've yet to encounter anyone in Fel, much less a pk, but I guess I don't mine the high traffic areas. I have my mining on my dexxer so I figure I can hold my own, at least long enough to sacred journey out if I had to.

Rey~

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Double - 0 resources. Fel isn't an option for me, for philosophical reasons, before you factor in that 5 of my last trips there to mine ended in PK.

Guild event is 2-5 of us mine an area (different spots), with the occasional person from an allied guild there to help fight for the miners that can't fight one of the eles, or to call dibs on a regular shadow ele to train a pet on. At the end of the hunt, we compare hauls, and trade ingots 1 for 1 (or just give them) in order to fit whatever BOD-filling needs we have (2 hunts ago, three of us were risking death, collecting copper for one of my copper plate LBODs). Done with 3 or more people, we can get better proceeds of a specific ore in the same amount of time for a single one of us, than one person mining Fel - and socializing while doing it (whereas crowds draw PKs in Fel).

We go hunting the other things on our non-miners (in the last week, we did para balrons, a para AW and an Ilshenar Oaks spawn on our other characters). The chase for the paragons is a miner pursuit.

Balron paragon chests don't make good crafter room deco (good, as in theme appropriate) - ore elemental ones do.

J

jelake

<blockquote><hr>

Double - 0 resources. Fel isn't an option for me, for philosophical reasons, before you factor in that 5 of my last trips there to mine ended in PK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch. I've been lucky in Felucca, so far. I started mining in guard zones there 3 weeks ago and I don't think I could ever go back to the normal resource yield of Trammel or Ilsh.

I've only seen another miner once in that time, a couple lumberjackers and no PK's(knock on wood), so at least on my shard, there isn't much competition. I used to haul a pack animal along the mountainside, but now I just have marked several good, high yield spots where I can recall in, mine at least 2 resource squares in reach without having to move, and recall back to my house when I fill up.

I figure if I see one, I can either run away and hide or hit the guards panic button in time before I die.

G

When you act like a sciptor in Fel and are in the guardzone, they seem to forget they are in a guardzone and got straight for the kill. Just dont say a word and try to recall alot if you have Chiv so it looks like your unable to recall out and they will go try to PK you. Then just says Guards and see what they have left for you to loot.