• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Paragon farming

G

Have been killing a lot of paragons lately, (dragons and miasma) and have not yet received one artie; I had read that miasma was a good source of artifacts and so have been killing them vigorously, however aside from the normal loot all im seeing dropping is paragon chests.

my question is to people who do this regularly (im consfused enough now as it is): did they change the system so that the artie only comes in the paragon treasure chest, or do the arties still go straight to your backpack? thanks.

I know paragon balrons are supposed to have a good chance of dropping arties, but have not gotten one to spawn yet while killing in that dungeon in spirituality.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I know paragon balrons are supposed to have a good chance of dropping arties, but have not gotten one to spawn yet while killing in that dungeon in spirituality.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand and aske the same thing on u-hall, as far as my efforts, out of about 150 paragon balrons I got a burgulars bandana at about number 70 killed and none since

V

Vincia Eaglehorn

no, got arties fighting balrons, but the point is, i was there for honor, chests and chocolate ingredients ... i didnt care about arties

but you WANT arties so you dont get it
i wanted chests and didnt get any

its normal if you want something badly you dont get it

I

imported_infiniti

I've noticed the drop rate has become very seldom with the minor's, I dont know if they tweaked the code or not, but were not the only ones who has noticed that they are more scarce, prices of the those totems are going up as a reflection.

I do however see a huge increase in chest drops by paragons, not much use to me, but the white ones are purdy i guess.

I've come out of doom with more arties in less time than I have on minor arti hunts so doom is the place to be. =0)

DrDolittle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I opened my bank box this morning there was a horse in it. Even though my stable slots are tight I’m pretty sure I didn’t try to stable it in there. So, I must have received one of those wooden horse things the other day but I was not paying any attention to the messages so I am not sure what I killed to get it. I did get a chest off a paragon cyclopean warrior last night.

The chests are loot on the body of the paragon. Some arties drop into your pack. I’m not sure if some arties automatically drop into your bank or they just go to the bank if the arty would overload you if dropped into your pack. I think they just bank if you are overloaded. But the arties are not taken as loot.

I

imported_Yalp

From my experience, arties drop in your pack, unless your weight is too high (not sure if it's within a certain percentage of total weight or would actually put you over limit), then it goes to the bank. Chests on corpses seem to be more regular. There's the "paragon" Miasma.. which seems to carry chests more than others.. they are not special color.. but do have higher hits and resists than normal. Not sure if chests are appearing more often than not.. I often hunt critters that regularly give up chests.. and I haven't noticed an increase.

Doom arties are dropping faster than before. Individual based now rather than top damager chances. You collect some manner of "points" for every critter you kill if you are in the top 16 (i think) of damagers. For every point there's a chance you get the artie drop. So basically, kill as much as you can, as often as you can in Doom, make sure you get looting rights and you should be ok. They may drop when you are running the gauntlet or while engaging DF.. so basically at anytime.

What I have noticed in the last week or so is a real drop in the rate of the chocolateering ingredients on paragon corpses in Ilsh. Seems to have dropped really low.. or I'm just in a period of REALLY bad luck.

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ] I did it near Chaos. Training my new dragon

There was around 20 paragons, got 5 arties in backpack and looted 3 chests, wearing 1400+ luck suit.

M

minick

What's up with the new "ingredients"? I've gotten a few lately. Are they significant for anything in particular?

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

What's up with the new "ingredients"? I've gotten a few lately. Are they significant for anything in particular?

[/ QUOTE ] As for ingredients... every 3rd had something like sugar or cocoa butter.