• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] Paragon Chest From Ogre Lord

A

Accuris

This chest is a one of a kind. It was an error spawn during an EM event when Paragons first started to spawn. It is the only one ever to spawn on any shard, and has never been opened. It is currently located on Legends shard, where it originally spawned. As everyone knows, there are no paragon OGs, so they can't ever spawn one again. The Ems and Gms wanted it back, but decided that since me and my friend killed the OG paragon legally, we would be allowed to keep it. This is a true rare, never to be seen again, so bid accordingly.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to rain on your parade, but the paragon Ogre Lord is not a unique monster. If you go to the spectre dungeon and follow the path that led to Casca, the third set of rooms contains several repond type monsters (first room is undead, second is demon), including the Ogre Lord. Since this dungeon is in ilshenar, the OLs can and will spawn as paragons. They have the chance of dropping a chest like any other map-giving monster.

I got pummeled on several occasions from the paragon OLs during that event, so I have verified their existence.

Stayin Alive,

BG

A

Accuris

Really? That's sad... I had this chest for sooo long. Too bad it isn't a one of a kind anymore. That's what happens when one leaves the game and returns I guess. And yes, the story is true.

V

Vaneca

Is there a "market" for "highend-monster" or whatsoever chests anyway?

If so I got a few and all untouched ofc:

Blackrock Chest recovered from a Demon Berzerker (Blackrock Infected)

Paragon Chest from Abscess
Paragon Chest from Putrifier
Paragon Chest from Skeletal Dragon Paragon
Paragon Chest from Pyre
Paragon Chest from Master Theophilius (Bedlam)
Paragon Chest from Ancient Wyrm Paragon

Paragon Chest from Betrayer Paragon (not so high end really)

And I think there should be 1-2 more, but I cant remember which ones...
I´ll add them when I´m back home.

Take Care
Vaneca

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, there is a market for high-end monster chests like that one. I think it is a small market (I recall seeing someone post about having a collection of blackrock infected deamon boxes, I think he/she was going for one of each name).

It would be quite a task for others to go hunting for a paragon ogre lord chest, since it is a small, cluttered area and has alot of spawn (in addition, the area is not ranged target friendly). You have quite a gem there. Personally I like to earn chests from monsters like that, it is oftem more challenging to get the chest than to run the Doom Gauntlet.

Good luck with the sale..

BG

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can't remember the last time I got a T-map from an ogre or ogre lord, and I spent a LOT of time in tram Despise getting 10th arti drops for cleaning points.

I personally think the drop rate is off on them, or possibly only working on certain spawns.

As for rare paragon chests, my mining guild's leader has a full set of Paragon chests from ALL of the ore elementals (plus, of course, a Dull Copper paragon chest from the Sorcerors dungeon) summoned by Garg picks (1 or 2 provided by me from my spares), and I'm half-way there because I don't mine as much as he does (he's gone into ingot selling to dedicated customers deliberately looking for non-script ingot sources).

Of the harder to get paragon chests (other than the ore eles), I've got Rend and Abscess chests.

WizzaX

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me and a friend killed a putrifier in the proxy palace and he droped a paragon chest.

are they suposed to do that?

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice collection Basara!! That is on my list of chests to collect. I am still debating if I want to go for all the same color, or the appropriate ore color corresponding to the type of elemental.

So far my guild's collection extends to our weapon chests (they are sorted by slayer type and weapon type). Each slayer group is in the same color chest and each chest is from a different monster in that type (the white undead ones were a pain, but the green reptile ones were alot of fun).

-BG

V

Vaneca

Yes, the Putrifier does drop Paragonchests...
As I been there once getting the keys, I got to be a very lucky *******.
Killed 2 Putrifier and got two chests!

What are the odds for that =)

WizzaX

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, the Putrifier does drop Paragonchests...
As I been there once getting the keys, I got to be a very lucky *******.
Killed 2 Putrifier and got two chests!

What are the odds for that =)

Very low I'm sure lol

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I collect any and all Luna White chests. I would love to get my hands on a Paragon Ogre Lord Luna White.

I have yet to see a Paragon Skeletal Dragon Chest. I've killed about 100 Paragons with friends with no luck.

V

Vaneca

I´ll take a look and check what color the Skeletal Dragon chest is, if you´re interested...

One of my chests mentioned is white for sure. But can´t remember which one.

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I collect any and all Luna White chests. I would love to get my hands on a Paragon Ogre Lord Luna White.
I have a white Troglodyte chest (came from same room as orge lord chest's in ilshenar) if ur interested (on europa)

V

Vaneca

Okay, here we go now...

Putrifier chest = white (facing W to E)
Abcess chest = green (facing W to E)
Ancient Wyrm chest = pain color (facing W to E)
Pyre chest = black (facing N to S)
Master Theophilus chest = light blue (facing N to S)
Skeletal Dragon chest = goldish (facing W to E)

All chests are still not opened ofc...

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, here we go now...

Heh, u do know they can be turned with a interior deco tool once locked down dont u? :p

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, here we go now...

What shard are you on and is the white one Luna White? (solid white like the ones at the bank)

V

Vaneca

Well tbh I did not know that...
Maybe thats because I dont care about decorating or how my house looks like.
I moved to my new house about 5 months ago and I just locked down all the chests and boxes in the first room (keep) and now they are still there =)
Too lazy to sort stuff out and way too lazy to decorate.
Okay well, the decorating part might be affected by 0 available lockdowns aswell :D

Anyway, the white one is white.
Tbh I have no idea if there might be any whiter white.
I´ve seen loads and loads of chests during the years and do know that there are different ones, but atm thats the only white one I got, so I cannot really compare them.

I´m on Europa shard btw.
I´ll make a screenshot when I am back home and upload it, so you can decide yourself =)

V

Vaneca

Would anyone care to tell me, where that famous place in Ilshenar is?
As I seem to be lucky with that kinda stuff - atleast sometimes - I´d like to give it a shot =)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OK, to get to the rooms of death (my opinion of any attempt to stop in the rooms to fight - these were ones people ran through for the Casca quest, to be rezzers for people who went through with stealth, as many characters couldn't survive the trip)

1. you go to the Spirituality gate, run through the spider caves, to the teleportal to the island with the ethereal warriors (the GOOD versions of the critters that are invading Moonglow in the current event).

2. Go to the basement, look for the note on the floor, stand on it, and say "masteropenthydoor" as one word.

3. go through the door in the room you arrive in (it's the one we got Ricardo to pick, so many years ago), take the west branch (the east is a deathtrap).

4. up the steps, is a room full of undead (including rotters and ancient liches), that will most likely kill you if you try to stand and fight. there is a password to say to get teleported through the door (and into the middle of the undead. Look for the threads in U.Hall back in the summer, concerning the quests for the 25k Spring Cleaning tickets (in relation to casca). another password is needed to teleport through the door out.

5. The next room is demonkind, and while it doesn't require an entry password, it requires an exit one, and the concentration of demonic spellcasters will make it extremely difficult to survive if you try to stand and fight. The way out (requiring the password) is the north door.

6. The next room is the Repond room, and is potentially the most survivable of the lot, due to their not being casters (a group of cross-healing swordsmen with soul seekers should be able to stand their ground there, if they pump all their mana into non-stop whirlwinds to clear out the initial spawn). Still not easy. East door is way out, requiring a password.

7. room after that is safe way out and can be recalled from.

I know 2 of the passwords are futile and concerto, but the others escape me at the moment.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would anyone care to tell me, where that famous place in Ilshenar is?
As I seem to be lucky with that kinda stuff - atleast sometimes - I´d like to give it a shot =)
masteropenthydoor is the first from the note on the floor
then its painless operation to get into the room with the undead
safety in numbers is the password to get out of that room
open the door to get into the demons and then on the other side say futile
open the door into the ogre lords and trogs and stuff and say concerto to get passed the eastern door

I got a trog and OL chest last night...hoping for the white i like now....

V

Vaneca

Ah, thats the room.
I been there for the quest aswell...

I think I´m gonna try with my Bard Tamer or just Necro mage...
Maybe take a fried as backup =P

V

Vaneca

I think I tossed about a ton of Lurd chests...
All colors. Had some storage problems and tossed about 250 Paragonchests (empty ones).

If you tell me what you´re looking for, I´m askin a friend of mine that took some of my chests...