• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Para spell bug

P

PewPewPewwer

hey guys id just like to say hello. ive been a longtime lurker on the forum but i havent posted until now caus this issue is important.

id like to share a bug i found with the paralyze spell caus it needs to be fixed

basically the bug allows the para spell to be chain-casted on someone. when the para spell is cast on someone, and it either wears off or is broken, the mage can just cast para on them again and it works! even with 110 magic resist a mage can chain spam it and the person cant get away

obviously theres a bug with this caus the para special move only works once every 10 seconds, or its resisted. this keeps people from abussing the move and getting free kills

okay thats all i just wanted to let the devs know of the bug

K

KaneK89

In before the mage flames.

Yeah, I think that's intentional. It's UO, they only nerf mages when they're extremely overpowered. Even though Omen, Para, and Energy fields basically guarentee a free kill. Easy enough to interrupt teleports, and lay down a poison field.

M

mr.blackmage

the basic mage template is the weakest in the game right now. What are you trying to infer?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In before the mage flames.

Yeah, I think that's intentional. It's UO, they only nerf mages when they're extremely overpowered. Even though Omen, Para, and Energy fields basically guarentee a free kill. Easy enough to interrupt teleports, and lay down a poison field.
Is figuring out how to double click a trapped box when you are paralyzed really that hard?

Seriously, if you're going to be a newb at PvP... at least don't pretend that you know what your talking about.

This is like pancakes about being poisoned because you haven't figured out what a cure spell, cure potion or bandage does...

GG

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And for all the newbies reading who want to know how to get around being paralyzed.

Purchase a DART trapped small crate or make one yourself (carpentry + 40ish tinkering)

put the crate in your backpack and make sure it is facing south

Facings:

\ south

/ east

Now when you get paralyzed... double click the box and you will take 6-10 dmg (depending on how well you made the trap) and viola... you are no longer paralyzed.

You can even... make a macro in UOA to double click the crate for you at the push of a button.

In the macros tab...
record macro
double click the crate
stop recording
change the "Use Item" to "Use Item Type"
Go into the Keys tab
set the Play Macro X (X being which ever macro number you used) to the button you would like it to be.

Another way to break paralyze...

Also, if you carry lots of "lesser poison" pots... and lots of cure potions. When you are parlyzed... double click the poison pot, then once you take 1pt of dmg... viola... paralyze is broken and you can double click your cure potion macro.

:scholar: PvPing... 101.

Have a nice day.

K

KaneK89

Most mages whine about dart trapped boxes... And I think I saw mr.blackmage doing just that at one point on these forums. Might have been mistaken.

I dislike the fact that one item is better than having 120 in a skill. Trapped crates suck. Everyone here agrees. If they nerfed them, and made Paralyze have some diminishing returns, like the special move, I'm sure we'd all be happier.

As far as the "basic mage template" being the weakest in PvP right now... Of course it is. Basic mage template consists of Magery, Eval and Med. :)

Now, if you want argue about Parry Mages, Scribe mages or whatever, that's a different story. They're not that weak. You just need to know how to play them.

kk? kk

M

mr.blackmage

Ya I said I was against the trapped boxes, it doesn't make any sense. I would much prefer to have to use trapped POUCHES (taking away the 30 damage they do now) like back how it used to be. That way it's not an infinite resource, you have to micromanage how many you have left, and if you don't want to deal with popping pouches all of the time, then get resist. And yes, they are trappable by anyone nowadays. 30 pouches should be enough for a pvp venture, just be careful of how you use them.

M

mr.blackmage

FYI, I highly doubt (well, maybe nowadays, it's been years) there are any scribe mages better than me. A scribe mage is the weakest template you can pick, it is a dueling template. A parry mage is a joke in the field, and you will get laughed out of any pvp guild playing that. The only people (ONLY!!!) that play a pure mage in the field are those that pvp for the sake of pvp, not for winning. Usually these are pvpers that would kill everyone if they played the current "OP" templates. A scribe mage still takes the most "skill" out of any template, as it involves out-thinking your opponent, not just simply relying on the RNG.

K

KaneK89

I just don't like trapped pouches. But I also don't like para efields. If they nerfed e-fields, or gave Para diminishing returns it'd be a whole lot better. The combination of those two spells is completely overpowered. And having to rely on items that have nothing to do with your template, or how much "player skill" you possess is kind of in the opposite direction I'd think any PvPer would want to take... Bringing more player skill to the game.

And yeah, parry mages and the like aren't common anymore. It's all necromages. And if you think playing a necromage requires the same amount of skill, or more, than any other type of mage, you're delusional.

I also never disputed the fact that scribe mages take the most skill to play. Why would you even bring this up?

Finally, the basic mage temp is the easiest to modify, and comes with all sorts of utility. Try making a stealther. But wait, they don't require any skill to play, so you don't like them. Everyone should be a mage, right? Right...

P

PewPewPewwer

okay thats all good and well and stuff with the boxes and mages and stuff but um this thread is about the para-spell bug.

again i just want the devs to know that the para spell can be chain-spammed and it keeps working (even if its broken with damage) while the para special move can only be used once every 10 seconds or its insta-resisted

okay good dont try and change subject so the devs wont fix it.

thank you for your time devs

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you didn't get it by now...

There is no bug. It work just fine.

k tks

P

PewPewPewwer

okay then i guess the bug is with the para special move then

okay devs the para special move is broken. if you try to chain spam it the target resists it for no reason, and the para itself only lasts 2 seconds, even when the target has no resist!

fix plz.

S

Simon Francis

FYI, I highly doubt (well, maybe nowadays, it's been years) there are any scribe mages better than me. A scribe mage is the weakest template you can pick, it is a dueling template. A parry mage is a joke in the field, and you will get laughed out of any pvp guild playing that. The only people (ONLY!!!) that play a pure mage in the field are those that pvp for the sake of pvp, not for winning. Usually these are pvpers that would kill everyone if they played the current "OP" templates. A scribe mage still takes the most "skill" out of any template, as it involves out-thinking your opponent, not just simply relying on the RNG.
QFT, though most people laugh magery off as they believe any run of the mill archer/tamer is as hard to play as a pure mage.

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And for all the newbies reading who want to know how to get around being paralyzed.

Purchase a DART trapped small crate or make one yourself (carpentry + 40ish tinkering)

put the crate in your backpack and make sure it is facing south

Facings:

\ south

/ east

Now when you get paralyzed... double click the box and you will take 6-10 dmg (depending on how well you made the trap) and viola... you are no longer paralyzed.

You can even... make a macro in UOA to double click the crate for you at the push of a button.

In the macros tab...
record macro
double click the crate
stop recording
change the "Use Item" to "Use Item Type"
Go into the Keys tab
set the Play Macro X (X being which ever macro number you used) to the button you would like it to be.

Another way to break paralyze...

Also, if you carry lots of "lesser poison" pots... and lots of cure potions. When you are parlyzed... double click the poison pot, then once you take 1pt of dmg... viola... paralyze is broken and you can double click your cure potion macro.

:scholar: PvPing... 101.

Have a nice day.
Nice lecture BR.

But, if Paralysis spell worked correctly you should not be able to click on
anything. Too bad the developers over looked this.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

R

Radun

the fact that they increased the damage from magic trap spell to stop people from using it to break para indicates that it was not intended for players to break the para effect by doing a tiny bit of damage to yourself...
Nobody started using trapped crates until they implemented the change to magic trap spell.
the fact that the trap is not armed when the box is facing one direction, and is armed when it faces the opposite direction sounds a lot like a bug to me... I don't even think the trap is supposed to go off over and over either.
either way, i doubt trapped crates were ever intended to be used in such a way.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
okay then i guess the bug is with the para special move then

okay devs the para special move is broken. if you try to chain spam it the target resists it for no reason, and the para itself only lasts 2 seconds, even when the target has no resist!

fix plz.
Do you even know what you're talking about?

The special move paralyzes you for 1.5-2 seconds even if you have 120.0resist.

And you even do damage to the person every time you execute the move.

No soup for you... times 2.

M

mr.blackmage

I used trapped chests 5 years ago (aos is 5 years now?) when specials were not double mana, and you could get chain parad 10+ times in a row, and mage specials would hit when the spell hit (harm stun harm stun... or fs stun fs stun fs stun with 5/6 casting).

and I brought that up Kane because you stated "Now, if you want argue about Parry Mages, Scribe mages or whatever, that's a different story. They're not that weak. You just need to know how to play them." to a player that has played that template solely for 5+ years, and played a heal/anat mage for the other 2, with the year before that being a bard mage (in pvp, when it could still compete). A player that made at least 20 million in insurance from dueling other mages, and who lost field fights rarely (very) until the advent of 1 hit kill archers (and uncapped critical hits in general).

And no, not everyone should be a mage, people should play what they like; however, since pvp is about being competetive (like anything that pits human beings against eachother), people tend to migrate to the easiest and strongest template. Skill is no longer a deciding factor in pvp, so if a player is wishing to have skilled pvp, then yes, they should play a mage. Hence the popularity (or former popularity?) of mage dueling.

In reference to the OP, I believe that after the initial cast of para, every subsequent cast should perhaps lower the running speed by 5-10% for 2-5 seconds (resist dependant). That is why para is used, pvp is nothing but running off screen to heal and trying your insta-kill combo again. It isn't right to redline a player over 100+ times in a fight, and being unable to kill them as you have to cast a spell first. I :heart:'d lighting wands for this very reason, and with the change to rubberbanding, it makes it that much harder to chase someone down.