• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Paladin vs Sampire

MrHumanGuy

Visitor
Ok I am aware sampire is the one everyone will say beats out everything but I guess my question is, without your suit how good is your sampire? Way back in the old days (when we had to walk to school in 50 ft snow up hill both ways) a good paladin was very valuable. Now everyone says the warrior should drop healing. I really think healing should go with the melee fighter. Yes i have a sampire and she isn't bad but I guess I don't want to be on the hunt for the correct suit parts for the rest of my game life. One guy says he has been running his samp for over 5 yrs and he still isn't finished building his suit. So I guess my question is with a stock suit bought from an npc which is better paladin or sampire?

Lets say the paladins skills are all gm
healing, anatomy, weapon, tactics, chivalry, magic resist, parry

and the sampire has their sampire like skills and is in vampire form then someone throws some band-aids in the arena who would walk out still breathing?

I know sampire has all these benefits (its been preached since i came back to uo) but is the pure paladin still a good template? What happened to pure templates? Anyway here is my little stick to toss in the circle.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I am aware sampire is the one everyone will say beats out everything but I guess my question is, without your suit how good is your sampire? Way back in the old days (when we had to walk to school in 50 ft snow up hill both ways) a good paladin was very valuable. Now everyone says the warrior should drop healing. I really think healing should go with the melee fighter. Yes i have a sampire and she isn't bad but I guess I don't want to be on the hunt for the correct suit parts for the rest of my game life. One guy says he has been running his samp for over 5 yrs and he still isn't finished building his suit. So I guess my question is with a stock suit bought from an npc which is better paladin or sampire?

Lets say the paladins skills are all gm
healing, anatomy, weapon, tactics, chivalry, magic resist, parry

and the sampire has their sampire like skills and is in vampire form then someone throws some band-aids in the arena who would walk out still breathing?

I know sampire has all these benefits (its been preached since i came back to uo) but is the pure paladin still a good template? What happened to pure templates? Anyway here is my little stick to toss in the circle.

Perhaps this Thread might be of interest to all those exploring the gameplay of a Paladin.....

My Setup: The Purest Paladin Ever

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sampire and a decent weapon will solve most problems. Suitsdont have to be perfect, there is a lot of wiggle room for these things. The people that say it is cost prohibitive are usually tamers and have no clue how to play.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am converting my sampire into a paladin and vice versa on my main warrior character using a ton of 100 and 120 skill stones, depending on what I fight (e.g. champ runs on sampire, blackthorn captains on paladin).

The biggest difference is that I am usually running with protection on my paladin and without it on my sampire, meaning I have to build the suit a bit differently to account for the large physical resist penalty from protection on my paladin as opposed to the high fire resist penalty on my sampire. Other than this, the weapons and rest of the suit do not change.