• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Paladin Sword??

L

Lunaticus

Found this on a vendor and was wondering why it's so darned expensive. Is this some sort of rare? I thought that the only paladin sword available was the Redeemer from the Books of Truth quest.

K

Kratos Aurion

they're changeling dupes. I cant say I know exactly what rare they were duped from. I use to own a few. They sell between 3-5m.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can The Redeemer be sold to an NPC and re-purchased? Don't try it, just a suggestion.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it originated from the vesper museum. If you lagged enough you could equip the one on display just long enough for your pet dog/changling to look like you, run him through a gate to fell, disarm, kill. hey presto you have a pally sword!
Then just sit there and wait for him to look like you with any wepon/armour equiped, disarm, kill, loot....

L

Lunaticus

Ah, so this would not be an advisable item to purchase what with it being an undeniable dupe and all. I guess I'll just have to be happy with my Redeemer. Thanks everyone!

Techthys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember reading an old post that said the Paladin Sword was a changeling dupe based on an NPC on a particular shard--Origin, I think. It was long before The Redeemer was introduced. I never saw the NPC myself, but it's the most reasonable explanation I've heard.

S

SS666

I remember reading an old post that said the Paladin Sword was a changeling dupe based on an NPC on a particular shard--Origin, I think. It was long before The Redeemer was introduced. I never saw the NPC myself, but it's the most reasonable explanation I've heard.
Congratulations and Thank you for remembering near exactly how the Paladin sword came into the game. If I had something for you, I'd give it up, but since I don't, well,..oh well. It was I who did indeed bring the sword into the game many years ago and set off the beginnings of the largest illusion dupe to date in UO. If anyone actually is interested in seeing the actual NPC who first held the sword, simply post and I'll happily oblige to post the screeny I have of him. In addition, I still have the very first Paladin sword 'ripped off' locked down in my home.

I'm truely honored by all that are here who still know and remember that little piece of history, and starting point for a very exciting time in UO.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please post a picture. I was under the impression it came from the museum as that was the first time the graphic was known to me.

S

SS666

Please post a picture. I was under the impression it came from the museum as that was the first time the graphic was known to me.
Happily,

This is just outside the Southern wall of Luna in the fairgrounds on Origin. Nearby is also an NPC with a grey club named "Nightstick"(or something like that). I've also got some of those that I've never circulated.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
cool thank you for publisising the origin, to halt our confussion. On the club matter can we see a pic anyone? or might that be a hidden "rare" dupe?

thanks in advance

S

SS666

No problem at all, as Techthys had mentioned, I had posted this information a while back on the old forums before they were lost. As for the club, I believe I'm the only one in the entire game with any of them. Being an exploiter, the community I associate with has confirmed that none of them have any, if they had, I would have supplied them. Aside from those two items, there are several other items with different unobtainable colors that I've never released, and even more floating around in the hands of some. Such as, a bright green viking sword, blood red crook, plum purple bow, powder blue bardiche and then some.