• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Paige's Suggestions

OhhPaigey

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello! I'm pretty new here, I've been playing for about 2 days now and I have a few suggestions/comments.

1) Why are Skeleton Archers so weak compared to the others? They have 3 Armor 20 HP while Swordsman have 35 Armor and 58 HP. Even the Skeleton Fire Wizards have 69 HP and they do way more damage than the Archers. (I'm talking about the one's outside the Spider Dungeon).

2) I was in a party/group with a player I met here and we were in the spider dungeon thing for beginners, I found it pretty hard to target things, when he had pets out my tab target would be targeting his pets and stuff for no reason, sometimes it would also target enemies that are in a completely separate room which almost got us killed once LOL.

3) I think it would be nice to have some filter options in chat, different chat tabs (mainly for whispers/tells), options when we right click a players name in chat would be nice, and make it easier to reply to more than 1 person.

4) Now you'll probably realize I'm a WoW player, but I think having AoE looting would be nice, it's pretty difficult to loot multiple enemies that have died around the same location. Maybe once you've looted/butchered a corpse you'll be unable to open the loot window again on that monster? Just an idea.

5) I noticed that when I kill enemies and then run around, it still drains my Power shortly after, I understand why that happens and I can't really think of any suggestions to fix it, but it's kind of annoying. :p

6) I'm not sure what the grayish bar is under players/enemies, but it seems kind of out of place.

That's all that I can think of currently, I'll definitely update this thread if I can think of more suggestions. Loving the game so far. Cya! :)

Last edited:

Raagnar

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I recognize you from MMORPG forums lol. Welcome and glad you're playing. Your thoughts and ideas are definitely spot on in pretty much every aspect. That being said, I'm sure tweaking will follow to, well pretty much everything. I think at this stage of alpha they are concerned with making sure its working, as opposed to everything being launch balanced. The thing I agree with the most though is the chat functionality. There does need to be some way to add/filter tabs. I would love to see a combat log too, unless I missed where that was lol.

Gorgonzola

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Imho the most urgent improvements to chat:

* Reduce the "nearby" chat range from NPCs. This makes the main tab generally unusable for me now, since it is always 80% filled with NPCs chatter (even out of town).

* Add a little bit of color. Most importantly separate the chat color from nearby players, and nearby NPC. They both look nearly identical which makes it easy to miss "local" conversations and roleplay. (on a tangent the more local chat works, the less spam on global and that's good thing because global is already quite spammy at times with < 100 players).

* WHile not super important, an option to enable sans-serif font in chat would be very handy for players on a high resolution monitor as well as make the text render better when streaming to Twitch.

Helio

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello! I'm pretty new here, I've been playing for about 2 days now and I have a few suggestions/comments.

4) Now you'll probably realize I'm a WoW player, but I think having AoE looting would be nice, it's pretty difficult to loot multiple enemies that have died around the same location. Maybe once you've looted/butchered a corpse you'll be unable to open the loot window again on that monster? Just an idea.
Have you tried burying corpses? This levels up the "compassion" skill, but also makes it easier to loot every single one. You can do this if you have a shovel from Mushroom Jack in your inventory. It does make enemies respawn faster, but this isn't super noticeable (to me at least) outside of dungeons.

OhhPaigey

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Have you tried burying corpses? This levels up the "compassion" skill, but also makes it easier to loot every single one. You can do this if you have a shovel from Mushroom Jack in your inventory. It does make enemies respawn faster, but this isn't super noticeable (to me at least) outside of dungeons.
I haven't tried that, I didn't even know that feature was in the game XD.

Raagnar

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Yeah I couldn't believe there was a shovel and you could bury corpses in this game. Such a weird feature that I would have never guessed I needed, but I suddenly can't imagine a game without lol.