• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Pacific T Hunt Help

Alackai

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So Ive tried the pinpoint method using UOAM on several maps and nothing in the area of the pin point - so with 100 mining I go wandering a screen to the North, West, East and South "you cant mine there" message everywhere.. spending far too long to find the chest.. anyone have advise or been experiencing the same issue?

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
click on map and choose "dig for treasure".

scarecrow73

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I us UOCartography and MS Paint to find the location. If you want help, just General chat For Ricochette and If im on I will more than likely be able to walk you through it. (yes, im on Pacific)

T

Trash Collector

We should see if we can all meet up on Pacific sometime and go through some t-maps together. I'm surprised to see multiple Pacific people on here and since I'm not good at soloing anything above an Expert map and not a fan of the new system.... I have dozens upon dozens of t-maps I've been inclined to just turn-in at the library. :(

D

Destiny<3

I don't have a T-Map character, but I am always available to do treasure maps :) (On Pacific)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're getting the 'you can't mine there' message you're not digging for treasure. You need to either use the context menu on the map or the old method is:- Double click shovel, target map, target ground. You're missing out the 'target map' stage.

Bryelle Vaughn

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra: Thank you for answering this one!

I too have a T-mapper on Pacific so feel free to holler in general chat and we can set something up or send an im. A group get together sounds great! And even those who don't have a mapper would be welcomed, I think, to help kill and split the goodies. This gives us more of a reason to do many of them at once.

D

DirtglDigger

Petra: Thank you for answering this one!

I too have a T-mapper on Pacific so feel free to holler in general chat and we can set something up or send an im. A group get together sounds great! And even those who don't have a mapper would be welcomed, I think, to help kill and split the goodies. This gives us more of a reason to do many of them at once.
With mining all I do is use the enhanced client, open your T-Map and the large enhanced map. go to the general area of the red dot on the t-map.

compare the 2 and make a waypoint on the map. walk to the waypoint and maine at your feet. once you get an eye for finding the rough point on the world map you will
find that the mining bonus does the rest, the longest I have spent looking for a chest was around 45 seconds and I dont use screen shots or anything, just the enhanced client map zoomed right in and compare landmarks.
the picture on the t-map image in enhanced client is goo enough quality for a close look to e good enough to determain roughly where it is. Just make sure you right click the map and do dig for treasure. out of 7 maps i did last night I was standing on top of the chest on 5 of them, once you get into the habit you will be able to glance at the map and run right to the locastion.