• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Pacific Rare's Events Festival Auction recoup to sellers from Robbery

D

DJ Sandman

I would like to start this tread on a positive note. :thumbup1: The real people of all Sosaria are some of the greatest people I have ever met!!! There has been a major outpouring of support from so many and from many different shards. In this little wink of dark times in my Ultima Online gaming adventures I'm so proud of what has been going on to help me recoup the losses to the sellers of Saturdays Rare’s Auction.

This is a list of the Sosarian Hero's and what they have given or sent to help so far.

Donator Gold Amount
Nabin *1,063,400,000 (1 billion is a donation and I'm going to add Nabin's Sunday Auction Sales of 600 million plus tonight...Thanks NABIN!!!!)
Stymie *70,000,000
Europa Trader *140,000,000
DJ Redneck *5,150,000
Ulic Qel Droma *25,000,000
Noob 15,000,000
UO Redneck 200,000,000
Ken the Naturalist 32,000,000
Ander & Alea 20,000,000
Stupid Minnor 100,000,000
Derium 50,000,000
Heavens Angel 20,000,000
Nanock and Phoenix From Chesapeake (Offer 1,250,000)
Gud (Offer 50,000,000)
Pfloyd (Offer 50,000,000)
Fishing Goddess (Offer 50,000,000)
Deggreese (Offer 50,000,000)
700 Chesapeake PaxLair Community
Manicore selling gold at a very low rate help us out
LeoGaming with Special Support
Europa Trader with Special Support
Restroom Cowboy with Special Support
*donation in the way of forgiving payment of lost items

There have been others wanting to donate replacement items and UO GOld to help and I asked them to wait till I could figure out where the team stood on this and how we could handle replacement items.

If your still interested in helping I will add you to the list as the donations come in...Thank you all so very much!!!

Now let's get down to business....:stretcher:

I'm working very hard to cover all losses for the Saturday "Pacific Rare's Events Festival Auction".

As some of you may know I have sold a little treasure in South Luna to help in the repayment to our fine friends who lost items to the robbery that happened on Saturday. This sale will really help in geting gold to those who lost their rare's.

The following players that are listed are the victims of this robbery and I have listed the amount the items were started at and the amount paid to them so far. (please note that some have donated the loss (in green) so i will thank them now for that help.)

Name Starting Bids Amount Amount paid so far
Jinx 100,000,000 100,000,000.00
Europa Trader 140,000,000 Donated Gets a T Shirt someday
Nine Dark Moons 140,000,000 140,000,000
Pfloyd 500,000
Markess 40,000,000 Donated Gets a T Shirt someday
DJ Redneck 5,150,000 Donated Gets a T Shirt someday
Nabin 63,400,000 Donated Gets a T Shirt someday
Corum 1,250,000,000
Ulic Qel Droma 25,000,000 Donated Gets a T Shirt
Stymie 70,000,000 Donated Gets a T Shirt someday
Demon Slayer 180,000,000
Restroom Cowboy 865,000,000 Special Support Gets a T Shirt someday

Please contact me if you have not got any gold or replacement items yet for the robbed items.

The Following is a list of the items lost. I will change the color of the item to Red when it has been paid for, Green if seller fogive item. If a donor replaces an item it will be highlighted and have the Donors name attaced.

1. Ancient Geisha Kimono Looted From The Shrine
Ancient Monk Kimono Looted From The Shrine - 100mil for the pair
PAID
2. Rubble Broken Vanity - 45mil Donated
3. Rubble Tent Corner Piece - 15mil Donated
4. Rubble Stairs Set (1 square block, 4 stairs from each direction) - 65mil Donated
5. Deed To A Blacksmith's Shop (Very old house deed) - 10mil Donated
6. Library Talisman-Treatise On Alchemy (Not rare but the 30/30 Bonus is extremly Rare/maxed out in both) - 5mil Donated

7. Sparkle - 40mil
8. 6th Anniversary Set (spellbook, necro book, chiv book, crook, axe, sextant, lute, tongs) - 75mil
9. Neon pink/purple angel box - 25mil

10. Black Horse anyone can ride (no starting bid yet) was not lost
11. Christmas Angel Food Cake (white) - 500k Replace by Lord Gareth Chesapeake
12. Deamonic-Forged Soul Ripper Pacific Event Item (10) in game 20mil
13. Wig - 20mil

14. Bucket (full) - 3mil Replace by Lord Gareth Chesapeake
15. Champagne Glass (green) - 50k Replace by Lord Gareth Chesapeake
16. Thin Hay - 1mil Donated
17. Thin Hay - 1mil Donated

18. Mug of Ale (green) - 100k Replace by Lord Gareth Chesapeake

19. Equinox Wine - 10mil Donated
20. Elderberry Wine - 10mil Donated
21. Platemail Made By Chris Everridge (dbl X) - 1mil Donated
22. Platemail Gorget Made By Chris Everridge (dbl X) - 1mil Donated
23. Skull of Lord Deadly Greed (can't lock down) - 250k Donated
24. Neon Box - 5mil Donated
25. Green Half Apron - 1mil Donated
26. Agent of Corruption Communication Device (earrings) - 5mil Donated

27. Tree Ornament Earrings - 500k Replace by Lord Gareth Chesapeake
28. Sheet Music - 20mil Donated
29. Wyrm's Heart (necro reg) - 1mil Donated
30. Dragon's Blood-green (necro reg) - 1mil Donated
31. Eye of Newt (necro reg) - 500k Donated
32. Statue of Relvinian (bust) - 5mil Donated
33. Replica of the Rowan Tree - 1mil Donated

34. Corroded Box - 1mil
Replace by Lord Gareth Chesapeake

35. Trapped Soul - 100mil Paid
36. Death Knight Tourney Entry Token - 100mil Paid
37. Dragon Prod - 200mil Paid
38. Heartwood Earrings - 75mil Paid
39. Spider Silk Woven Shirt - 100mil Paid
40. Ornate Encrusted Armguards - 75mil Paid
41. Legends Tartan - 100mil Paid
42. Flute Carved from Bone (wolf howl) - 200mil Paid
43. A Fey Lute (cool music) - 200mil Paid
44. Hollow Branch (staff plays music) - 150mil Paid

45. Ethy Cloak - 10mil Replace by Lord Gareth Chesapeake
46. Engraved Wedding Ring "My Heart Is Yours...Love Always, Angel" - 5mil
47. Angel Gift Box (bright pink) - 10mil
48. Remains of a Carved Ziguart Toy (Pac Event) - 40mil
49. Sash "Greetings From EM Faine Morgan - Orign 2010" (misspelled/only a few got out before caught - 30mil

50. Gunpowder - 50mil
51. Voltaically Infused Elixer (blue bottle) - 30mil
52. I Found The Poseidon's Fury And All I Got Was This Lousy Shirt - 25mil
53. Goblin Trap (lantern) - 75mil
54. Selago's Glasses (unique item first pair of Event glasses) 1 of 1 [origin] - 200mil **Has a Reserve**
55. Vid De Pri-Tas Earned By the Britannia Royal Spies (Ice blue talisman) [GL] - 40mil
56. Hercules's Wreath Of Hangover Cure (green garland) [Great Lakes] 1 of 9 - 50mil
57. Savage Scout Leader Arms (grey bone armor) (with corresponding bag) 2 of 4 [pacific] - 50mil
58. Savage Scout Leader Arms (grey bone armor) (with corresponding bag) 2 of 4 [pacific] - 50mil
59. Savage Scout Leader Legs (grey bone armor) (with corresponding bag) 1 of 4 [pacific] - 50mil
60. An Elite Archer Bow (reg bow unique color) 1 of 10 or less [Lake Superior] - 50mil
61. Boots Of A Dark Seeker 1 of 6 [Origin] - 125mil
62. Captain Stephen's Navigation Map (Pink Boat Deed) 1 of 6 [Sonoma] - 75mil
63. Vial Of Slimey Slugs Obtained From The Shadow Dweller's Spawn (green flask) 1 of 6 [Sonoma] - 75mil
64. Remains Of A Luna Guard Killed By Shadow Dweller (Large Bone Pile) 1 of 6 [Sonoma] - 50mil
65. Cert Dagger With Malachite And Turquiose Mosaic Taken From A Shadow Dweller Acolyte [Sonoma] 1 of less than 10 - 50mil

I will pay the Starting prices on all items that were lost on the 1st go around so everyone that lost items will get something ASAP. If there is a need for arbitration after the 1st round of payments, Manicore will be the judge on what the amounts should be. Please note that I will go by whatever he says and I hope you will do the same. I want everyone to feeling good about this. Only one person should feel any pain for this and that is me for missing a small piece of a scam that not only cost many nice people their fine Rare’s but hurt the public that had showed up to enjoy a huge event to where they could bid on some really cool and fun Rare’s.

Thanks again every one

Strength and Honor to all!!!

C

Corum11

Hey there DJ,

thanks again for honoring our min bids. I will be in touch again tomorrow.

- C

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sandman, I request again that you check your messages and contact me via ICQ. I am not happy with the amounts listed, as they are openers...not sales prices. I already agreed to take a loss on the items when I spoke with CR on ICQ. Contact me please.

I am not beyond working things out...just really discouraged after the whole mess.

Pyccy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sandman Hello.
I had items on auction.
Im still waiting for items to be given back since they werent sold at auction.
I icq ued you many times. No reply. Plz contact me soon since i have buyers waiting for the items you have. (Orcish enginer helmet, war hammer, alcolyte robe and so on...)
I know you guys are busy but id like to get them back
Thanks

D

DJ Sandman

Sandman Hello.
I had items on auction.
I icq ued you many times. No reply. Plz contact me soon since i have buyers waiting for the items you have. (Orcish enginer helmet, war hammer, alcolyte robe and so on...)
Thanks
Sorry about that...your items have been ready. They were ready Sunday afternoon but I did not see you around. I will be in game look for me or ICQ me. :thumbup1:

A

AND3R

Great communication!

Keep the ball rolling so Sandy has the opportunity to triple check the lists!

The Festival Staff thanks you for your continued patience and information!:thumbup1:

C

Corum11

I would just be patient. I have had no issues getting in touch with Crystal or Sandman.

As for the min bid thing, for auctions you always set the min bid to what you are comfortable with selling your items (at the minimum) as there is always a chance that it could be sold for that min price. I'm fine with the agreed reimbursement that Sandman is proposing. Granted I probably could have gotten more if the auction went smoothly, but who is to say for sure.

D

DJ Sandman

Sandman, I request again that you check your messages and contact me via ICQ. I am not happy with the amounts listed, as they are openers...not sales prices. I already agreed to take a loss on the items when I spoke with CR on ICQ. Contact me please.

I am not beyond working things out...just really discouraged after the whole mess.
understood...to be fair to everyone involved I'm paying the starting bid prices first till I have more gold come in...I'm working hard to please everyone and to get the huge amounts of gold needed takes a little time. I think tonight I will have a huge amount of gold and will be able to get caught up some. :)

D

DJ Sandman

I would just be patient. I have had no issues getting in touch with Crystal or Sandman.

As for the min bid thing, for auctions you always set the min bid to what you are comfortable with selling your items (at the minimum) as there is always a chance that it could be sold for that min price. I'm fine with the agreed reimbursement that Sandman is proposing. Granted I probably could have gotten more if the auction went smoothly, but who is to say for sure.
Thanks for this !!!

I'm on my computer almost every night after work and have been doing extra duty due to this robbery. I will be in game as much as possible and I will be hanging around the Pacific Auction house for payments to sellers from Saturday and Sunday. I do want all involved to collect what they deserve from the Robbery on Saturday and there are still some of you from the Sunday auction that have not picked up your gold. :)

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Hi Everyone,

It is really great to see everyone working so hard together on this..... it is a truely difficult and emotionally charged situation which could easily get the best of everyone.

While I would no go as far to say that the Rares Community is the Heart of UO, I would say that it is one of the most highly visible in the game not only to the players but I am sure EA/Mythic itself.

This comunity and how it has worked together over the years has been a true inspiration to how others help eachother in the rest of the game. The example we set as respected players is very visable. I am proud to see everyone stepping up and in a very visable way working through this.

This to me is a prime opprotunity to give and I mean give boldy. I do not mean gold but all forms of giving.

Support, time, enocouragement, forgiveness, resources over the years for me personally giving boldy has always been part of my core beliefs and I can truely say it has been returned many times ten fold.

Let's continue to set a high standard of supporting eachother and giving at the highest levels as we are doing now. The inspiration will spread through the realms of Sosaria as we all come together in this very visable way. I have to believe that if you are in game or on stratics you will be watching or hearing about these results in some way shape or form.

If there ever was a t-shirt or Sash given out by EA/Mythic for an ingame occurance. "I survived the great rares theft of 2010" would be soooooo appropriate. I would buy one. lol Not because of the theft but because of the everlasting memory of how together we all over came it and moved forward.

Keep up the excellent work, I am very proud of this community!

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldnt say "i survived" Id say "IM" part of a Comunity :)

Im intrested in this:

60. An Elite Archer Bow (reg bow unique color) 1 of 10 or less [Lake Superior] - 50mil

If the "thefe" is out there ill buy it for 50mill and if i can aquire it, ill also pay 50mill to the person who got it stolen from them. [thought this might be another nice way for everyone to get there gold for there items if someone wants to buy it, buy it of the thefe and also pay the original owner].

Thanks

Thunderz

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord

Im intrested in this:

If the "thefe" is out there ill buy it for 50mill and if i can aquire it, ill also pay 50mill to the person who got it stolen from them. [thought this might be another nice way for everyone to get there gold for there items if someone wants to buy it, buy it of the thefe and also pay the original owner].

Thanks

Thunderz
I lik both of those ideas a lot!:thumbup1::thumbup1:

M

Markess [CoW]

13. Wig - 20mil

These 2 items on the list were added by me, I was supposed to submit them to Crystal Rose before the auction started but was too busy to get arround to actually handing them to her to sell in the auction. These items were not stolen, please hue them green.

D

DJ Sandman

13. Wig - 20mil

These 2 items on the list were added by me, I was supposed to submit them to Crystal Rose before the auction started but was too busy to get arround to actually handing them to her to sell in the auction. These items were not stolen, please hue them green.
Give Markess a shirt!!!!

Thanks for being honest!!! :thumbup1:

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
appreciate the effort you're making and i hope to get paid back more than the starting bids when all is said and done, thanks, just getting antsy cause im stuck on pacific and would like to xfer off

D

DJ Sandman

Hi Everyone,

It is really great to see everyone working so hard together on this..... it is a truely difficult and emotionally charged situation which could easily get the best of everyone.

While I would no go as far to say that the Rares Community is the Heart of UO, I would say that it is one of the most highly visible in the game not only to the players but I am sure EA/Mythic itself.

This comunity and how it has worked together over the years has been a true inspiration to how others help eachother in the rest of the game. The example we set as respected players is very visable. I am proud to see everyone stepping up and in a very visable way working through this.

This to me is a prime opprotunity to give and I mean give boldy. I do not mean gold but all forms of giving.

Support, time, enocouragement, forgiveness, resources over the years for me personally giving boldy has always been part of my core beliefs and I can truely say it has been returned many times ten fold.

Let's continue to set a high standard of supporting eachother and giving at the highest levels as we are doing now. The inspiration will spread through the realms of Sosaria as we all come together in this very visable way. I have to believe that if you are in game or on stratics you will be watching or hearing about these results in some way shape or form.

If there ever was a t-shirt or Sash given out by EA/Mythic for an ingame occurance. "I survived the great rares theft of 2010" would be soooooo appropriate. I would buy one. lol Not because of the theft but because of the everlasting memory of how together we all over came it and moved forward.

Keep up the excellent work, I am very proud of this community!
Great Post Nabin!!!!

I like the shirt Idea!!!! ****looks to see if EA is reading this post****:grouphug:

D

DJ Sandman

appreciate the effort you're making and i hope to get paid back more than the starting bids when all is said and done, thanks, just getting antsy cause im stuck on pacific and would like to xfer off
:danceb:You will I hope if I have my way....but we are going to make you stay on pacific lol :danceb:

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i feel bad for pac and the people who lost items from all the shards.
what sucks is the items are on another shard being sold by a person who xfered off of pac and left a bad taste in everyone's mouth regarding ever doing a rares fest again. even if dj whatever is innocent, the sheer fact everyone under the sun was co-owned will prevent anyone from trusting naive people like that who claim to be 'experienced brokers.'

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
13. Wig - 20mil

I dont know if I'd be commending Markess as a good and honest person. Its his tower on Atlantic that is allowing Tgoru/Tetricyde to sell all of the stolen goods.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just watched this person remove all items from vendor on ATL, and then disavow any knowledge of stolen goods. Oh, he called me a child for not realizing that these items exitst in game - and it was cooincidence that each of the stolen items actually appeared on the same vendor at once - all this while he was pulling them as fast as he could - and dropping the vendor.

Stratics people - I love you, but i gotta tell you, you absolutely contribute to and allow this behavior by your rules. You need to reconsider. Seriously.

This situation has been minimized and downplayed and neutered to death. There is evidence, confessions, and facts - that you continue to surpress.

Items that he pulled from vendor were:

1. Ancient Geisha Kimono Looted From The Shrine
2. Rubble Broken Vanity - 45mil
5. Deed To A Blacksmith's Shop (Very old house deed) - 10mil
19. Equinox Wine - 10mil
20. Elderberry Wine - 10mil
25. Green Half Apron - 1mil
32. Statue of Relvinian (bust) - 5mil
33. Replica of the Rowan Tree - 1mil
46. Engraved Wedding Ring "My Heart Is Yours...Love Always, Angel" - 5mil
47. Angel Gift Box (bright pink) - 10mil
48. Remains of a Carved Ziguart Toy (Pac Event) - 40mil
49. Sash "Greetings From EM Faine Morgan - Orign 2010" (misspelled/only a few got out before caught - 30

FionanPac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As much as I think it's great they are giving some money back, I agree with Restroom Cowboy on the fact that its bs they aren't getting the actual worth back. WWR was given the items for safekeeping and due to their lack of judgment the items went poof like a fart in the wind. They should pay back the full amount for the items.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
As much as I think it's great they are giving some money back, I agree with Restroom Cowboy on the fact that its bs they aren't getting the actual worth back. WWR was given the items for safekeeping and due to their lack of judgment the items went poof like a fart in the wind. They should pay back the full amount for the items.
Maybe you should try reading the last paragraph again. Where he says he is paying the opening bid to get everyone some gold quick and that he will work on it from there if you would like and feel the need.

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
13. Wig - 20mil

Or maybe you were tipped off about the scam ahead of time, and told not to put your items in it :gun:

C

Corum11

Guys lets not derail this thread and get it potentially locked.

I just contacted Sandman tonight and received my restitution for the losses. It was a smooth and easy transaction. I will certainly do business again with PAH/WRR. They have done everything and then some to work with people to come to a conclusion and I'm happy to say that I am very satisfied with the outcome.

Thanks again Sandman!

D

DJ Sandman

Im intrested in this:

Thanks

Thunderz
Great Idea!!!! Thanks :)

D

DJ Sandman

Guys lets not derail this thread and get it potentially locked.

I just contacted Sandman tonight and received my restitution for the losses. It was a smooth and easy transaction. I will certainly do business again with PAH/WRR. They have done everything and then some to work with people to come to a conclusion and I'm happy to say that I am very satisfied with the outcome.

Thanks again Sandman!
I do want to try and make up to all the sellers that lost...and your Welcome Corum11 :thumbup1:

D

DJ Sandman

Paying the sellers from the robbery has been smooth so far. There are still a few who have not been in game to collect. I will be around tonight on Pacific at the Pacific Auction House before and after the "Dungeon Boogie Show/The Adventures of Sandman" which is being held on Legends at 7pm Pacific/10pm Eastern on Whispering Rose Radio
:thumbup1:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive been semi keeping up with this auction theft stuff, mainly because i see the thieves often on Atlantic. I still don't know how this could have ever occurred. Were the thieves Really unknown to everyone? I mean, yes it is unimaginable how an auction staff would allow unknowns in, but were there really No people there from Atlantic? I know many transferred, i guess no one was at the auction? I know if i saw any of the names of the thieves ( tho technically wasn't even good ole' uo thieving, it was just a scam ) i would have alerted someone, like i said i guess no one respectable from atlantic was at the auction i guess. P.S. lol @ "a black horse anyone can ride" even being on a rares auction list, guys been selling them on Atlantic for years, must be hundreds if not thousands of them.

Pyccy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sandman Hello.
I had items on auction.
Thanks
I got my items back...Thanks Sandman ;)

D

DJ Sandman

Ive been semi keeping up with this auction theft stuff, mainly because i see the thieves often on Atlantic. I still don't know how this could have ever occurred. Were the thieves Really unknown to everyone? I mean, yes it is unimaginable how an auction staff would allow unknowns in, but were there really No people there from Atlantic? I know many transferred, i guess no one was at the auction? I know if i saw any of the names of the thieves ( tho technically wasn't even good ole' uo thieving, it was just a scam ) i would have alerted someone, like i said i guess no one respectable from atlantic was at the auction i guess. P.S. lol @ "a black horse anyone can ride" even being on a rares auction list, guys been selling them on Atlantic for years, must be hundreds if not thousands of them.
We had what we thought were friends of many, many months who did many things for and with us and seemed to pass all that it would take to be co-owned. This will never happen again. It was my fault that the robbers were co-owned. I approved of it and I'm doing all I can to cover the losses. In the future there will be no co-owners that will have any access to auction items. Last Sunday we had no security problems and the crowd was great.

Again to all, and this is from my heart..."I'm Sorry":grouphug:

D

DJ Sandman

I got my items back...Thanks Sandman ;)
:bowdown: Thank you Pyccy!!

Your trust and honor are well noted. Even after the robbery...Sunday morning you give the rares to me to put in auction. It is good to know good people such as yourself.

Strength and Honor my friend

D

DJ Sandman

I think you should take a crash course on UO economics. I would assume it is due to people like you that resellers are in business. Sorry if I cut into your business by not allowing resale.

Is that so bad of me to do? Or are you just upset that I do not employ your pocketbook?

@the forum...DJ Sandman and Crystal have been really cool through this process...I look forward to talking with DJ Sandman more this evening.
We are down to four sellers from Saturdays robbery. All the sellers have been very understanding and helpful. I hope that the final four can collect soon so we can have a in game party:shots::pint: This will be open for all and open to any security advise for future events. Plus I'm going to give all the sellers from Saturdays Robbery a special in game gift.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you very much Sandman for the reimbursement. It is much appreciated and I look forward to future PAH auctions.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Sandman for being understanding, courteous, helpful, and honest during this whole event. I would also like to thank Crystal Rose for putting up with me during this time as well. Both of you two have been real troopers and made a difficult experience easier to deal with.

Restroom Cowboy

Edit: In addition I would like to thank Manticore for being an intermediary, Miss D for letting me keep my vendor up until this was fixed, and Blaz n Star for helping me get into contact with other parties.

N

Nightly Spirit

I can honestly say I am happy that I was not allowed to place a vendor at this event. I do wish you all luck in getting your rares back and to the person who took them, may karma find its way to your doorstep.

D

DJ Sandman

All Sellers from the Pacific Rare's Events Festival Auction Saturday April 17, 2010 that wish a 2nd round for UO Gold payments pleas contace me and Manicore. The Three of us will enter into disucssions on amounts for items Robbed.

Thank you all so very much. This has been hard on all of us and again I'm really sorry.

DJ Sandman

C

Crystal Rose

I too wish to thank everyone involved AND some that weren't. It seems like it's been a long journey but finally starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. A special thanks to Manticore and DVI for their much appreciated assistance. And to you RC...I'm feelin' the love :heart: ty dear.

See you at the party!!

~Cheers~
CR

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thank you for the payments DJ Sandman, i was paid 180m for my starting prices, and an extra 170m to add up the true value of what the items would have most likely sold for, i appreciate your speedy efforts after such a tragedy took place

D

DJ Sandman

The page is turning and this chapter is now over. It has been a hard chapter for all involved and I want to thank all the sellers for their help in letting me clear this up to the best of my abilities. Every one of the sellers has been very kind and this has helped me to get this chapter done.

Let's all start the new chapter in this ongoing story. We all love Ultima Online and except for a few players who do not care for their fellow gamers and only want to put real money in their pockets at the expense and pain of others, this whole event in my opinion has turned out well.

It has been my pleasure to do all I can to make sure that players that lost items due to the robbery got something equal to or more than the asking price. Many sellers donated all or part of their loss to the cause and to them I owe more than just a Thank You...***HUGS***

The players that wanted to have some UO Gold for their losses have been very kind and calm, this has really been a great help for me to get this all together.

Than we have UO Players that gave items and UO Gold to help and they were not sellers that lost items. To these fine people...Thank you and God Bless You!!!

We will have some kind of in game party soon with special events for all of Sosaria to attend and I will also be at the Kubla Con convention in the San Francisco area (Burlingame) during Memorial weekend. To those that attend and meet up with me I will buy the round and give a hearty toast to your health and friendship.

We here at the Pacific Auction House (PAH) and at Whispering Rose Radio pride ourselves on community building for all of Sosaria and I can promise all of you that the means that this evil robber used to get on the inside of our friendship will never be accessed again. Our Security is now 100% pure. We have the confidence that this will never happen again and we look forward to everyone enjoying the auction we put on.

Thanks to all!!!!!:thumbup1:

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Thank you Sandman and PAH for doing such a great job in addressing this event. From what I can see it was handled very quickly.

It was really great to see all of the community pitching into overcome this challenge. Where one little ray of darkness popped in you all have shined with an amazing light to overcome it.

I have personally reviewed the new security measures and strategies that PAH has implemented for future auctions and am very pleased with what I have seen. I will be submitting another set of rares for the upcoming May Rares Auction and look forward to another wonderful event.

My hat is off to everyone who participated in this effort whether you had lost items, Donated Resources, Investigated the theft, or just supported everyone involved.

A job Well done Community!!! It is an Honor to be among you.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just wanted to pop in and say a few things.

I think its awesome that everyone even got anything back. We all know had this been any other auction house the place would have folded under all this debt and stress.

Not only did Crystal, Sandman, and the rest of the WRR/PAH crew not fold, but they paid everyone back and then some. I don't think there could have been a better ending to this at all, and PAH crew definitely deserves a HUGE pat on the back for the way they handled the whole thing.

Also big props to the community for coming together and helping the recoup become a reality. Its situations like this when you find out who is worth their weight. Great job by the UO community. I am proud of all of this. And I cant say enough about the integrity and trustworthiness of Crystal and Sandman. I would trust the two of them with my account information. And the robbery made no dent in my impression of them.

Things happen, the strong learn and grow from them, while the weak crumble and fall. Crystal, PAH, and Sandman are among the strongest.

HUZZAH! *CHEERS*

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wanted to pop in and say a few things.

I think its awesome that everyone even got anything back. We all know had this been any other auction house the place would have folded under all this debt and stress.

Not only did Crystal, Sandman, and the rest of the WRR/PAH crew not fold, but they paid everyone back and then some. I don't think there could have been a better ending to this at all, and PAH crew definitely deserves a HUGE pat on the back for the way they handled the whole thing.

Also big props to the community for coming together and helping the recoup become a reality. Its situations like this when you find out who is worth their weight. Great job by the UO community. I am proud of all of this. And I cant say enough about the integrity and trustworthiness of Crystal and Sandman. [B]I would trust the two of them with my account information[/B]. And the robbery made no dent in my impression of them.

Things happen, the strong learn and grow from them, while the weak crumble and fall. Crystal, PAH, and Sandman are among the strongest.

HUZZAH! *CHEERS*
QFT

I can't possibly say it any better!

Sandman, what you have done to make everone whole is just incredible! I must say that people like you restore my faith in my fellow UOer's.

Err..... the only thing is, if you needed to log onto an account I'd most likely give you an account info, just not my main account ;) LoL