• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pac Economy.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What can we do to make it better, make a million gold matter again... Anyone?

Any suggestions?

Lets not insult one another here...

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its the only way man, I have saved millions also but when many players have 100's mills it becomes worthless like what we have now. If they had some real gold sinks that may help but the problem is more gold comes into the game than that which leaves the game.

B

Balian of Asgard

whats the big deal, they have just made gold even more worthless now with the imbueing and total gimped out items becoming more common and thus eventually becoming similar to a GM made wep, gold has become similar to that sparge change jar at your front door or your ashtray in the car where all the pennies accumulate.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
or your ashtray in the car where all the pennies accumulate.

Hahha I cant keep change in my car I love to throw it out at the homeless guys with their signs, I have started a couple hobo fights that way lol.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hahha I cant keep change in my car I love to throw it out at the homeless guys with their signs, I have started a couple hobo fights that way lol.
That's just wrong....

What is your technique?

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, vendors are gold sinks... However, I think they should charge LESS for daily fees... that might cause more vendors to go up, which is ALWAYS a good thing. I have two vendors at my house one charges 3 mil a day and the other 1.3 mil, that's just insane.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its all in the wrist, roll down the window, Whistle to make sure you get a couple of them paying attention, and toss it out taking great care that it separates when it hits the ground. Cant all be pennies though, gotta have some silver in it due that they are attracted to it like fish and shiny objects.

Pink Floyd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We should stop listening to newbs who think just because their name is on a piece of armor or weapon it is worth 10x the real price :)

U

UltimateNoob

Make a new currency call it the ... Uollar and convert 2 mil gold coin into one Uollar.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you think about it Its in the hands of the PvP'er. Value is normally based on effectiveness on the field/suit/template. Would Inquis be worth as much as it is if it had no value to a PvP suit? would a crys. ring be worth what it is if it were not usefull in a pvp suit? Only we can change the economy, we are the ones willing to put down 50-100m for a piece for an edge in PvP. Are we more the noob than the guy selling his name for 10x more?

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Start selling things cheaper on our vendors, if we don't need it or have enough gold, who cares? Just start selling things for waaaay cheaper..

BloodRavenFL

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that every 1million gold should be minimized into 100,000 gold.

So if you have 10mill? You now have 1mil.

Do it across all the shards at one time.

IF someone has 300 mill now they have 30mil.

IT would do wonders for the gold value.

R

Rand Al

Would it change anything? No all it would do is clean up some banks. Items will still cost the same percentage wise if you had 100 mill turned into 10 mill so would the item 100 mill item now cost 10 mill.

C

CoRreCt mEth0ds

the fact is, rares dont exist anymore. rares were to trammies what gear was to pvpers. they would dump as much money on a piece of phoenix armor as a pvper would on a good weap. theres not alot of value in rares anymore becase EA takes anything kool and makes it a nub quest item. ontop of that, anything kool that they make new and accessible becomes far too accessible and far too common to have value. now they are doing to pvp what they did to rares, make everything far too accessible. if they truly wanted to help the economy they could have a series of events that would have items that WOULD NOT BE REPLICATED.. ever.. they should do this once or twice a year AT LEAST, and it will give people a reason to spend money.. and to play.
take tokuno artys for example. if they would have stuck to their guns like they ORIGINALLY planned and only ran that event for 3 months, the value of tokuno arties would be insane right now. instead they take those items throw extra propertys on them and then make them "faction gear", and keep re-releasing them.
sometimes i think they intentionally want to ruin this game.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We should stop listening to newbs who think just because their name is on a piece of armor or weapon it is worth 10x the real price :)
I am pretty sure I will live and move on for the few cheap asses. Do you know how much money I make on my vendors, as well as X shard selling? I could care less if a couple people complain about my prices. To every one of you there are 3-4 that would pay DOUBLE what I ask. Not my fault your broke while I sit on mounds and mounds of million gold checks. NOT to mention, I put a ****load of money back into the community... I buy from just about every single vendor I come across... Outside of Luna... Even most in Luna.

U

UltimateNoob

Seeing prices in the high mils is unfamiliar to a lot of people. That is mainly because they are used to a currency with a larger base increment. But is there really a problem with the UO economy? In the real world the economy is supposed to help people allocate scarce resources, but in the virtual world resources are inherently unlimited. Some people want things to be more expensive some people want them to be less expensive. In the end who really cares, its not like we need any of this virtual ****, and even if we did it would be easy enough to generate more.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seeing prices in the high mils is unfamiliar to a lot of people. That is mainly because they are used to a currency with a larger base increment. But is there really a problem with the UO economy? In the real world the economy is supposed to help people allocate scarce resources, but in the virtual world resources are inherently unlimited. Some people want things to be more expensive some people want them to be less expensive. In the end who really cares, its not like we need any of this virtual ****, and even if we did it would be easy enough to generate more.
Well said. Very well said.

But if I create it, I set the price, that simple.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AND it's trial and error, some things don't sell, so I slowly drop the price till it does, then I know for the next time. I have a HUGE notebook FULL of notes for what sells and what doesn't and for how much. I am quite organized. Prices are set on what they have sold at before.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that every 1million gold should be minimized into 100,000 gold.

So if you have 10mill? You now have 1mil.

Do it across all the shards at one time.

IF someone has 300 mill now they have 30mil.

IT would do wonders for the gold value.
I once made a thread long ago with a similar suggestion like this. Basically gold would be a ledger in your pack similar to WoW, copper and silver would be the currency.. 100 copper would = 1 silver and 100 silver would = 1 gold.. This means that 1 million gold would become 10,000 gold.. SURE! I wouldn't mind knocking off 3 zeros.. But wait, more would need to be done..

All the existing gold in the game would be converted into copper, this would knock all that gold out of the economy. Also, monsters really need less loot, instead of monsters carrying gold, they would carry up to like 18 copper - 1 silver, w/e

This WOULD fix the economy for a very, very long time..

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I once made a thread long ago with a similar suggestion like this. Basically gold would be a ledger in your pack similar to WoW, copper and silver would be the currency.. 100 copper would = 1 silver and 100 silver would = 1 gold.. This means that 1 million gold would become 10,000 gold.. SURE! I wouldn't mind knocking off 3 zeros.. But wait, more would need to be done..

All the existing gold in the game would be converted into copper, this would knock all that gold out of the economy. Also, monsters really need less loot, instead of monsters carrying gold, they would carry up to like 18 copper - 1 silver, w/e

This WOULD fix the economy for a very, very long time..
I agree that gold should not be the main source of currency... SIlver is there BUT it's useless without factions... And copper is a rarity worth 1,000,000 times a piece of gold.

Copper, SIlver and Gold. That's how UO should be converted...

CountSilverbow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can you combine 6 copper peices and get a pile of copper like a pile of gold or is it just always gonna be a shilling

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can you combine 6 copper peices and get a pile of copper like a pile of gold or is it just always gonna be a shilling
I only have 3... So who knows. I don't think I can stack it. I would have to search 3 houses for it in a bag somewhere... It was given to me as a gift.

BloodRavenFL

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gold Silver and Copper would be very good.

And you reduce the amount of gold dropped on all monsters into copper or silver or whatever and make it so stupid things like GIANT SNAKES dont drop gold...

Where the eff do giant snaked keep gold? I could understand a boot or a leg in its stomach but gold? give me a freaking break.

And reducing all the gold in the game into these currencies would work too.

if you have 1million gold it should transfer into 100,000 new currency copper.

Thereby making its a 10 to 1 ration.

10 copper = 1 silver

10 silver = 1 gold

=1000 gold for 1million gold

Got 300mil? Now you got 300k new currency gold.

It works. Make it work EA. You pathetic *******.

B

Balian of Asgard

Well said. Very well said.

But if I create it, I set the price, that simple. Its not that simple as you have already said below
AND it's trial and error, some things don't sell, so I slowly drop the price till it does, then I know for the next time. I have a HUGE notebook FULL of notes for what sells and what doesn't and for how much. I am quite organized. Prices are set on what they have sold at before.

u have your price, but the buyers dictate what the market value is

S

SUPRsalad

i say screw the economy.. give us everything easily, and let us play the damn game, rather than droning away to get what we need..