• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Overhead chat broken after Pinco's

Tintagel the Tinker

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Not sure what could be causing this... I'm a classic client user who decided to try the EC. I installed Pinco's on the recommendation of everyone around me but wasn't a fan. Upon going back to regular unskinned EC, I find that Overhead Chat only works for everyone ELSE's overhead chat, I can't see my own /say messages except in the chat window. I've gone over settings to no avail in both Pinco's and EC, and cannot find the option that may have caused this. Any ideas?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure what could be causing this... I'm a classic client user who decided to try the EC. I installed Pinco's on the recommendation of everyone around me but wasn't a fan. Upon going back to regular unskinned EC, I find that Overhead Chat only works for everyone ELSE's overhead chat, I can't see my own /say messages except in the chat window. I've gone over settings to no avail in both Pinco's and EC, and cannot find the option that may have caused this. Any ideas?
get rid of the character profile and DO NOT import from classic client, this could be the cause...

Tintagel the Tinker

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
get rid of the character profile and DO NOT import from classic client, this could be the cause...
This gets even stranger. Okay, I've verified that the problem doesn't exist on my other characters. I tried deleting that character's settings in the prefs folder. No good. I tried straight up copying settings from one of the characters that DOES work - STILL doesn't work on this character. i'm completely baffled but I'll keep trying.

EDIT: Removed profile, made sure I chose NOT to import from classic, still no good.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This gets even stranger. Okay, I've verified that the problem doesn't exist on my other characters. I tried deleting that character's settings in the prefs folder. No good. I tried straight up copying settings from one of the characters that DOES work - STILL doesn't work on this character. i'm completely baffled but I'll keep trying.

EDIT: Removed profile, made sure I chose NOT to import from classic, still no good.
try to change the text color, maybe it's "invisible" :D
you may also try to copy the character to tc and see if it works there...

Tintagel the Tinker

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
try to change the text color, maybe it's "invisible" :D
you may also try to copy the character to tc and see if it works there...
Managed to repair it by removing the entire client prefs folder, and forcing it to generate a new one. Lost all my bars and macros, but the problem is fixed and I can manage the rest. Thanks for the help :)