• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OvC: The big Catskills RP alliance

How should the United Pirates decide?

• Let's take no risk and be an out-of-system guild like the 4 landlubber guilds!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahoy fellow crew members!

As most of ye may have heard, the RP guilds on Catskills are working on a big scheme: An alliance scheme called Order versus Chaos. The goal is to improve guild interaction and guild wars, make participation in war scenarios easier for new guilds (without the hassle of dozens of guild highlightings), and to improve communication through a common alliance chat.
The current Rules of Engagement apply, of course. This means, no looting, no battles without a context, no griefing, etc.

For clarification, this scheme is a technical guild relationship consisting of two more or less hostile groups ("alliances"). All guilds who want to join this scheme (and we hope that all RP guilds on Catskills will) have to choose whether they want to join the "Order" alliance or the "Chaos" alliance. The two alliances will have declared war on each other.
  • All guilds who are member of the one alliance will automatically have guild war status (orange highlighting) with the guilds of the other alliance.
  • All guilds who are member of the same alliance will have friendly status (green highlighting) among each other, but they still can attack each other in Trammel (as if they were in the same guild).
  • All guilds of the same alliance,will have a common alliance chat (similar to guild chat, but in different color).
  • In order to join an alliance, a guild has to cancel all their current guild wars.
  • War declarations to outside guilds (yes, this is possible too) must be handled by the alliance leaders. (Alliance leaders are two guilds named "Order [OvC]" and "Chaos [OvC]" that were specifically made for this scheme.)
Currently, there are about 10 RP guilds who are willing to participate in one way or the other. However, the following guilds have declared that they will NOT join the alliance technically, because they don't want to lose their warlists (due to sentimental reasons or whatever):

- Purple Guardians of HONOR
- Freehold of Roses
- Village of Aegis
- Rangers of the Heart

I.e. the respective alliance leader must declare war on them manually, and they cannot participate in alliance guild chat, and they will highlight orange to both sides of the alliance.

To my knowledge, no guild has yet joined the alliance (what are they waiting for?).

My question:
Should the United Pirates cancel all their current guild wars and join the alliance? Or should we wait like the rest of the guilds and take no action? Or should we be an out-of-system guild like the four sissy-landlubber-groups mentioned above?

YOU DECIDE! ONLY ONE VOTE PER PLAYER!

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw the results before because I somehow got logged off stratics needless to say I'm not voting right now because of that.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There I voted and my reasons had nothing to do with the OvC system though I just don't like some of the people UP has highlighted and joining the system will get rid of them.

We all know my feelings on current situations.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeh, Hook, but ye been outnumbered! :)
I think we now have a quite representative number of votes, so we already started it. We cleaned our guild war list and are now officially the first member of the Order vs. Chaos theme.

Trin

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have voted. I hate when you can only vote once in the old days the pirates voted early and often. Har Har

H

Hook UP

Bah, who spyed on me while I was voting?
Anyone was hiding in the ballot box?

*spits*

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is a public poll matey. Everyone can see who voted what. It was necessary to avoid that some landlubbers pollute our poll results.

Since the majority voted for the OvC scheme, we canceled all guild wars and joined the Chaos alliance. It was interesting to see how many guilds were in our war list. Especially under the aspect that with literally none of them we had any fights during the past weeks and months. So even if OvC fails, nothing is really lost.

I voiced my disappointment in a private chat about some guilds wanting to be "out-of-system" guilds just because they value their old war lists so much. I fail to understand why some are holding on to something that has no practical value and are sacrificing a common goal of the Catskills RP community for it. The OvC scheme would have been a good opportunity to resurrect the whole RP community and guild interaction. Not only because it is easier for new guilds to join and because of alliance chat, but also because it would prove the commitment of RP community members and would be a good foundation for "good vs. evil" scenarios and epic wars.

Unfortunately my opinion was published on the OvC board, with my warning agreement, and I predicted that it would cause lots of trouble. (Especially since I was in a bad mood when I made my comments and thus was not very diplomatic. I would have rephrased before publishing...) And indeed, some people were quite angry about this and even canceled their contribution to OvC altogether. I guess this shows the true commitment of certain guild masters. Obviously you have to treat some people with kid gloves all the time, or they will be offended and leave with a huff... :)

So now we are back to talking and discussing on forums, but nothing really happening in game. Let's wait and see how it turns out.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I predict that this coming weekend, something will happen.

Even if I have to hide in someone else's city and attack random people! (Lets hope it doesn't come to that)

S

Sydrik Harpune

I keep cruising Yew, haven't seen a soul...

Came across one PGoH in Haven, but he just ignored me.

*shrug*

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I keep cruising Yew, haven't seen a soul...

Came across one PGoH in Haven, but he just ignored me.

*shrug*
Probably Eban if you talked to them he goes afk alot otherwise, yes people will ignore you if you don't try to start something there isn't a sign over your head that says pirate haha.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a quick update, only one guild decided to withdraw as a result of the comments in the log, Freehold of Roses. I have told Pand that this server is not open to such honesty and no further chat logs should ever be posted. It reduces us to the level of other players that do such actions.

I get where she was going with this however, which is... folks should not see Pand as the leader of this theme; we ALL are. So any issues members may have should be posted on the OvC forums and addressed directly with leaders/other members. We're a team here.

Oh and we've been using the Empath Abbey bank in Yew and had Amroth out there mining near Yew. Jade Jack was out there lumberjacking in the forest near the Abbey. It tough sometimes with people's schedules, but we should all make efforts to do the same.