• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Out of the ordinary templates

Kanth

Visitor
Hello,
My main objective here is that people may share their templates and give then names to make it known, because in my search i find a lot of diferent builds without a name, and in most of cases was just a variation of an existing template (eg tamer).

I was searching for some templates that are out of the common sense (e.g sampire, tamer, abc archer), just to know their existence and try it out, but can't find much things.

Me in particular, was searching for a monk like template and something as a mage ninja, even a tank build for group play but cant find much ideas on that.
If anyone that reads this threads have or knows a template that is out of the "meta", could please share it here, to make it knowed and to give ideas based on it for others to create new templates.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One of my favorites:

Melee TH:
120 Weapon skill
100 Anatomy
100 Tactics
100 Cartography
100 Lockpicking
100 Healing
100 Parry or Chivalry

With use of skill equipment, can get some of the skills to 120, add another skill (both parry & chiv, or something else if a bow user) and/or add 50 or more mining.
Also, with soulstones, can swap two skills out as a T-Hunter (only need cart to decode the map - can take maps you decoded yourself, soulstone off cart, stone on mining, LP or one of the other skills, and have 100 more skill points available)

Been playing this template since 2003. When I first started playing this, people thought I was nuts (and this was before level 6 maps). Since then, equipment has improved to where one can solo most level 6s (unless most of the spawn are dragon/wyrm types).

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the character types I'm toying with right now are dog tamers. You basically need 55 Taming, and 65 Lore to control a 2 slot trained up dog. I usually run with two of them to tank foes and enjoy a combat bump from their pack instinct. This gives me 600 points to play with for the rest of the template. I've made several different template builds and have had a lot of fun so far.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There's the Dragoon, Whammy, and I know some people who use ninja mages for tmaps. If you Google them there's many different variants of each. I love trying new and weird Temps. I even tried working necro/ss/mage/eval/mystic/focus/sw template, just too much going on with that build, so I didn't enjoy it.

Innoxicated

Journeyman
Most cookie- cutter temps nowadays are honestly the ones you mentioned being oddball. Sampire might as well be considered a class choice, much more than an off-the-wall hybrid temp. ABC archer, similarly, is basically a stock archer.

Tamer is most certainly a class choice. I suppose you consider it a hybrid because of the commonly used magery, but really tamer is anything with animal taming/animal lore. There are archer tamers, bard tamers, mystic tamers, and so on.

The reason you see so many templates that are just slight variations is due to the type of skill system uo uses. Just switching 2 skills, however simple on paper, can drastically change the way the character is played. On a tamer drop eval and the skill magery becomes utility alone. Pick up mystic/focus for awesome defense or necro/ss for awesome offense.

A monk being an unarmed, good dps, high survivability makes me think maybe a bushido mage. 2 handed mace w/mage weapon would let you parry most hits, and heal yourself with confidence. If you could put ninja on there you could pop mirror images, too. Maybe tsubaki, tekagi or kamas or some other 'monk-legal' weapon that would benefit from ninja specials and bushido-parry.

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This one is specifically designed for one purpose:

Sampire / Discorder for killing Greater EVs in Shame with max luck.

120 Swords
120 Music
120 Discord
100 Tactics
100 Necro
100 Bushido
60 Chivalry

Max luck suit imbued bone armor. I use a shield and a war axe for constant AIs. Discord makes tankier enemies easier to hit. Discord mastery adds additional damage. Can swap macing for other weap skills. Stamina & Mana leech a must.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This one is specifically designed for one purpose:

Sampire / Discorder for killing Greater EVs in Shame with max luck.

120 Swords
120 Music
120 Discord
100 Tactics
100 Necro
100 Bushido
60 Chivalry

Max luck suit imbued bone armor. I use a shield and a war axe for constant AIs. Discord makes tankier enemies easier to hit. Discord mastery adds additional damage. Can swap macing for other weap skills. Stamina & Mana leech a must.
Do greater EV's drop that good of loot that it's worth dedicating a whole toon to? I don't think I've ever tried them hehe

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do greater EV's drop that good of loot that it's worth dedicating a whole toon to? I don't think I've ever tried them hehe
It was made when Shame first came out with better loot. I havent really played the game since then...