• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Out of memory

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we PLEASE fix this issue with the upcoming publish.

I literally just started my computer for the night. No other programs running and apparently I don't have "enough memory to continue execution."

Have this be bug #1 on the list.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I've been having this problem too. Classic client.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran

I literally just started my computer for the night. No other programs running and apparently I don't have "enough memory to continue execution."

There's another thread on this probably a few pages back with some tips. It might help, but it's a bandage not a cure, and not 100%.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's another thread on this probably a few pages back with some tips. It might help, but it's a bandage not a cure, and not 100%.
I had this issue a couple months or so ago. It went away so I assumed there was a fix. But apparently it decided to come back today.

I'll check that thread out though.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It only happens to me when I start UOPatch.exe and only after patching. So when it happens, I go into the folder and start client.exe and it works.

Just my workaround.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It really needs to be addressed by the developers, this isn’t an issue will all of our PC.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only suggestion I can offer is to make sure you stay current with installing Windows updates.
won't help much. I updated my win7 yesterday and still get the not enough available memory message when I open a second client sometimes.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It happened on my old win7 machine whether there was an update or not, so far it hasn't happened on the new one, but I've all but left the cc in the dust finally.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just wanted to drop in and say that we are aware of this issue. A fix will be patched out once it has been thoroughly tested.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It'd be cool if they had a script that could output significant, but not private, PC details for issues like this. Blizzard staff, for example, have a log you can run and post and they can find the issues really quick to assist.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Just wanted to drop in and say that we are aware of this issue. A fix will be patched out once it has been thoroughly tested.
That's great news. Thanks.