• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Our Guild night Lvl 6 Hunt last night

G

After a long delay my guild decided we would do a lvl 6 hunt. The maps and runes were gathered and the small but able party assembled. Amongst our group was one of the greater dragons, the tamer, an Ninja archer, a mage, and myself another mage. The dragon was not yet fully trained but we had high expectations of her abilities.
The first map on Eiffel island was right on the server line. This was a bad omen right off the bat. I died first as soon as the spawn popped. I didn't realize they popped sooner than the lower chests did. Anyways while I was self rezzing the dragon went to work. By the time I got dressed and ready the dragon was dead. Her tamer hurried her off to the side to have a pep talk with her for the 2nd half.
By then the EV's had the AW down pretty far in the red. It was about then the dragon attacked with full force and finished off the AW. We rez'd those that needed it and began to take from the chest.
We had several more AW's pop during the pulling of the chest. The dragon did better and better as she attacked her foes. We then moved on to our 2nd location which was on the other side of the isle.
The dragon performed so much better after she was use to the routine of the attack. While constant heals were needed she whomped the AW in short time. When each one would pop she handled herself in a great fashion. I can't imagine trying one of these without a greater dragon.
The 2nd chest was our last of the night due to a RL need of one of the players. We still have 2 maps left over and are all set for a future hunt next week.
These were my first of the new lvl 6 hunts and they are quite a bit more difficult than the old ones were, at least to my memory. The loot gets boring after a bit just more in numbers of what the lower chests offer. Still when everything was sold the guild had a goodly amount to donate ot the zoo.

G

<blockquote><hr>

What new lvl 6 maps? I havent read any patch notes on changes to lvl 6 maps.

[/ QUOTE ]
I won't speak for my friend Duncan...but I am guessing he was referring to the LVl 6's now that we have harder spawn. Not many can now solo a lvl 6 with 2+ AWs as Guardians!

TW

G

You can speak for me TW no problem here. Yes the new AW's are what I meant not that there were any new Level 6 maps, God forbid we should ever see a revamp to them, or any of the other maps. I love digging up the same ole loot time after time.

P

Prudentis

Nice work

I have a question though:
<blockquote><hr>

Still when everything was sold the guild had a goodly amount to donate ot the zoo.

[/ QUOTE ]
What do you mean by "everything was sold" What did you sell and where?

Can you sell trash loot?

G

you can make a fair bit selling scrolls...gems..regs to npcs....you can even sell armour/weapons if you are so inclided to blacksmiths.

TW

P

Prudentis

Ahh, cool.
I remember, back in the day npc vendors had only so much money and would not buy all your stuff.
Seems like another way of making money on the 'glow event.

A

Avalonia

I assume you are asking for advice...

So, here is what you could improve. For starters, get everyone off the screen until after initial spawn is dead. The only person that should be on the screen is the person digging the map and that person should have their invisibility already casted and just wait till the chest crowns the earth to cast invisi (it will continue coming up on its own).

After the inital spawn is all up and standing there looking stupid the t-hunter should run off the screen. Come back and piss off one mob run off screen cast invisi...keep doing so (spawn leading).

Take out that one mob with the dragon tanking the mages making sure the dragon is healed and everyone just damaging that mob.

Repeat those steps till all 4 inital spawn are dead then move to the chest (everyone should be just north of the chest to avoid issues with looting the chest). Work the chest (pull/drop an item) until you are pretty sure everything is dead (they have about 10 guardians after the initial) then loot the chest.

Hope that helps.

Edit! If my fresh tame greater dragon could survive through a paragon balron the first day I had her bonded with just me vetting her (I'm neither 110 Lore or 110 Vet yet) then you should be able to take a single AW pretty easily with mages healing the greater and the tamer vetting it.

G

I really wasn't asking for advice just reporting how the hunt went. We didn't pull a single AW but 2 at once then 2 more during the pull at once. It got to be quite hectic but fun. 2 people shouldn't pull from the chest at the same time in a group hunt.

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

I really wasn't asking for advice just reporting how the hunt went. We didn't pull a single AW but 2 at once then 2 more during the pull at once. It got to be quite hectic but fun. 2 people shouldn't pull from the chest at the same time in a group hunt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean to give unwanted advise.

If you want to avoid pulling two at once (outside of initial spawn) just make sure that you work the chest before you take any loot out.

G

Advice is never unwanted believe me. Many different players read these forums and everyone can benefit from anothers experience. I have done up to 5's regularly and the old 6's I did a few solo. Deaths were rare for me once I learned how to do them. As a guild group we just try to get as many monsters as we can. We end up donating the gold. we enjoy doing the chest as a group just for the fun of it. This was the first of the new AW hunts that we had done.