• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Other" clients

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes you may name and discuss, just no posting of or sharing scripts.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I use all different clients for all different reasons.

Razor is my main one, I use it because I like the simplicity of it. I can have it automatically take a screenshot half a second after I use my stealing macro, so I always get a screenshot of my steals. I run this on my main character pretty much all of the time.

I use UO Steam for PvM because it has a great autoloot feature that helps me pick up all the little gems and bits of gold that just aren't normally worth the trouble to loot. I usually use it on non-thief and non-crafter characters.

I like Razor Enhanced when I feel like programming something. I don't often use it because I find it to be more than what I need but if I ever were to do something complicated, this would be my go to option. I mostly program in C# and the IronPython scripts used in RE can import some .NET libraries that I am used to using which makes it more convenient for me than the JavaScript options that Orion has.

When I play free shards, I like Classic UO. I understand that they may have the life bars updating for official servers now which is nice. I wouldn't use it on my main character though because if I posted any screenshots from it on Stratics, the 3rd party program police would crawl out of the woodwork to whine about it. I don't really care what they think, but I really hate having my posts deleted.

Between all of those programs, I can get anything done that I want so I have no real use for Sallos, Orion, Stealth, EasyUO, and whatever else there is out there.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Gonna show some ignorance here since I'm working and can't look I up myself...

My understanding is that razor and razor enhanced were more third party tools, similar to UOA on crack.
Steam, I uhh actually know nothing of.
And I've heard of classicuo and Orion as the big names on third party shards, but that's about it.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gonna show some ignorance here since I'm working and can't look I up myself...

My understanding is that razor and razor enhanced were more third party tools, similar to UOA on crack.
Steam, I uhh actually know nothing of.
And I've heard of classicuo and Orion as the big names on third party shards, but that's about it.
You seem to have it fairly well sorted. My understanding is...

Tools: UO Razor, UOAssist (only "approved" tool for official shards), and AssistUO & UOSteam (very similar if not the same).

Clients: Classic (official), Enhanced (official), Classic UO (I find it to be a nice balance of classic and enhanced), and Orion (I have not used in a long time)

Like Stinky Pete, I use different tools and different clients for different reasons, but not all are allowed/supported on all shards.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I use steam because I have no coding knowledge, it's like UOAssist+. Lots of features that should have been incorporated into the client directly a long time ago. I have yet to run a script because it honestly has everything I need built in. The mount/dismount macro functions correctly, that alone is worth it.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Steam is similar to UO Assist but also has scripting capabilities. However it has not been updated in quite some time and will eventually be too broken to use.
Razor is similar to UO Assist but does not have strong scripting capabilities, but you can do some crazy macros.
Razor Enhanced is similar to UO Assist but has strong scripting capabilities.

All three allow you to connect to Prodo or Freeshards.