• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) Week 5 NFL Picks

• Thread starter Teufel_Hund
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

Teufel_Hund

Ok here we go another week of NFL fun!

TEN @ BAL
KC @ CAR
CHI @ DET
ATL @ GB
IND @ HOU
SD @ MIA
SEA @ NYG
WAS @ PHI
TB @ DEN
BUF @ ARI
CIN @ DAL
NE @ SF
PIT @ JAC
MIN @ NO

B

Black Betty

TEN @ BAL Tough one to choose on!! Dang it!!
KC @ CAR
CHI @ DET
ATL @ GB
IND @ HOU
SD @ MIA
SEA @ NYG
WAS @ PHI
TB @ DEN
BUF @ ARI
CIN @ DAL
NE @ SF
PIT @ JAC
MIN @ NO

F

ForTheOcean

Definetly would not have been my pick, and I would have lost...

My Chargers just aren't getting it done so far, hopefully they can pick up the pace.

T

Teufel_Hund

Definetly would not have been my pick, and I would have lost...

My Chargers just aren't getting it done so far, hopefully they can pick up the pace.
Just over one quarter of the way into the season and I think it is going to get even more interesting....did anybody see america's team had to go DEEP into the 4th quarter to beat the lowly Bengals? Lot more twists and turns to go. Oh Betty, eventually those lucky breaks are gonna go against Ben and the Steelers!

B

Black Betty

Hehehe!

Go Steelers! I had to leave for work right at halftime, so I didn't get to see/hear the outcome until coming home and checking the scores. I don't think I could have taken it if they had lost. Let alone that they are my favorite team, but I had watched the GB game. I jumped up off the couch and started yelling profanities when Rodgers threw that interception. *mumbles more profanities*

Bah! anyways, noone else balled-up to bet this week, so I am the lone winner. Kinda makes up for me forgetting to post my pics last week. :)

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bah! anyways, noone else balled-up to bet this week, so I am the lone winner.

Lone winner is an oxymoron. How can you win if you didn't beat anyone?

Are you still complaining about Ben or ready to give him some props? 3TD, 300yds and his only Int was a perfect pass that would have been a 20 yd completion had Holmes not fallen down.

One of the top 3 QB's in the NFL.

I

Insta

Sorry, I would bet but I am broke atm, sheeze! Haha!! on the bright side my titans are a big ole 5 n 0 woot woot!

Kahlan_FHP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lone winner is an oxymoron. How can you win if you didn't beat anyone?

Are you still complaining about Ben or ready to give him some props? 3TD, 300yds and his only Int was a perfect pass that would have been a 20 yd completion had Holmes not fallen down.

One of the top 3 QB's in the NFL.
Ben one of the top 3qbs in the NFL? Well, going by that, we'll have to say Kyle Orton is also one of the top three...arguably better than Big Ben 5 games into the season. A quick comparison between the two. Kyle is on the left, Ben is on the right.

Games 5 ----- 5
Pass Attempts 155 ----- 124
Pass Completions 96 ------ 79
Completion Percentage 61.9 ------ 63.7
Passing Yards 1100 ------ 947
Yards per Attempt 7.1 ---------- 7.6
Touchdown Passes 7 ---- 7
Interceptions 4 ------- 3
Comp for 1st Downs 49 ----- 49
Times Sacked 11 ------- 18
Yards Lost on Sacks 70 ----- 111
Passer Rating 87.6 -------- 95.7
Carries 10 ------ 11
Rushing Yards 40 ------- 28
Rushing Average 4.0 ------ 2.5

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ben one of the top 3qbs in the NFL? Well, going by that, we'll have to say Kyle Orton is also one of the top three...arguably better than Big Ben 5 games into the season. A quick comparison between the two. Kyle is on the left, Ben is on the right.

Games 5 ----- 5
Carries 10 ------ 11
Sorry Kahlan, but the times sacked and the yards lost has little to do with the QB at THIS level and a GREAT deal to do with the O-line, or the OB's own receivers. Looking at those stats, quite frankly, would have me take Ben every time.

In fact, looking at the overall stats you posted, wtf would you even bring Orton IN to this discussion? lol. Perhaps you're an Orton fan, but I doubt there's many other people nationwide that would trade you Ben for Orton based on the stats you posted.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Games 5 ----- 5
Carries 10 ------ 11
Orten has started well - but his stats are padded by playing the toothless lions. They have perhaps the worst defense in the entire NFL. Bens stats slowed down by playing Baltimore (one of the best defenses) and the game in hurricane ike winds in Cleveland (60mph wind gusts) that killed stats.

Check back at the end of the season.

Kahlan_FHP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Orten has started well - but his stats are padded by playing the toothless lions. They have perhaps the worst defense in the entire NFL. Bens stats slowed down by playing Baltimore (one of the best defenses) and the game in hurricane ike winds in Cleveland (60mph wind gusts) that killed stats.

Check back at the end of the season.
Oh...his second best game of the season, which was against the EAGLES, the same team that DESTROYED Big Ben, and his stats are padded? I do favor the Bears. According to the stats I would definetely pick Orton over Big Ben at this time of the season. I'd want the guy with the most yards, most 1st downs, most mobility/awareness in the pocket who wont run backwards when about to be sacked, the guy who can tuck and run when necessary, and most tds (currently tied). I wont even get into redzone efficieny because Orton is awesome with passing in there. (added) It's not my fault Big Ben couldnt take advantage when playing the panzy Brownies.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh...his second best game of the season, which was against the EAGLES, the same team that DESTROYED Big Ben, and his stats are padded? I do favor the Bears. According to the stats I would definetely pick Orton over Big Ben at this time of the season. I'd want the guy with the most yards, most 1st downs, most mobility/awareness in the pocket who wont run backwards when about to be sacked, the guy who can tuck and run when necessary, and most tds (currently tied). I wont even get into redzone efficieny because Orton is awesome with passing in there. (added) It's not my fault Big Ben couldnt take advantage when playing the panzy Brownies.
have you ever tried to throw a football more than 15 yards in 50 mph wind?

B

Black Betty

have you ever tried to throw a football more than 15 yards in 50 mph wind?
LOL.

Minnesota game was a good one too. Glad I was off work and able to watch.
I know my rantings about Ben were over the top. I don't like him playing hurt even if he's just "sore". I don't want to lose him because he played when he shouldn't.

Am I the only one shocked that Philly didn't win?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Am I the only one shocked that Philly didn't win?
What shocks me is that some mediocre receiver now known as Chad Ocho Cinco has the nerve to be as cocky as he is with such little ability.

Change your last name and then put up 20 yards per game? I hope his name change goes through for next year, then he gets traded to the Oakland Raiders who won't give him number 85, so he changes his name again, and the NFL won't let him put his new name on the jersey.

I'd like this to be an endless cycle for the duration of his pathetic career.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What shocks me is that some mediocre receiver now known as Chad Ocho Cinco has the nerve to be as cocky as he is with such little ability.

Change your last name and then put up 20 yards per game? I hope his name change goes through for next year, then he gets traded to the Oakland Raiders who won't give him number 85, so he changes his name again, and the NFL won't let him put his new name on the jersey.

I'd like this to be an endless cycle for the duration of his pathetic career.

I wish the NFL would get He Hate Me. I'm still looking for that jersey.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

You can take Orton all you want. We'll see who's in the playoffs and who's not at the end of the year. I live in Chicago so I have to watch the Bears. I'm still not impressed. He only has more yards b/c he has put it up more than Ben. Yards per pass favor Ben. In addition Ben's completion % is higher and so is his QB rating.

Ben would have shredded the Eagles too if Pitt would have been smart enough to play with 2 TE sets like they did against Jax. Its easier to play QB when you don't have 2 and 3 DL's in the backfield with you.

Kahlan_FHP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can take Orton all you want. We'll see who's in the playoffs and who's not at the end of the year. I live in Chicago so I have to watch the Bears. I'm still not impressed. He only has more yards b/c he has put it up more than Ben. Yards per pass favor Ben. In addition Ben's completion % is higher and so is his QB rating.

Ben would have shredded the Eagles too if Pitt would have been smart enough to play with 2 TE sets like they did against Jax. Its easier to play QB when you don't have 2 and 3 DL's in the backfield with you.

Wow...if you know so much about what would work on the field why arent you in that profession?
On Chicago, you are just like everyone else, you never give them credit where it is due. This is a team that, after the FINAL game of preseason, was predicted to win less than 5 games. Also, it doesnt matter that you live in Chicago and you have to watch the Bears. Deny it all you want, they are going to be a force this season and they get better every game. Have you not noticed that if the defense had held up (and Tillman didnt make a bonehead penalty in OT) they would be 5-0? Have you noticed that the Bears have lost by a COMBINED 6 points over two games? The steelers=9 pts. "Experts" predicted Orton would be sacked numerous times EVERY game because the O-line was supposed to be suspect. For a line that averages around 30+ y.o. they are going a helluva job.
Did you even watch the game against the Eagles when the Bears played them? They constantly had 8+ in the box because they feared Forte running the ball.
I'll say it here and now. I GURANTEE the Bears make the playoffs. Gurantee it.
I'm not taking anything away from the Steelers. They found a gem in Big Ben, however, at this time of the season I would take Kyle Orton to lead my team as I said earlier.

B

Black Betty

This season, to me, is one of the harder ones to predict SuperBowl status. I have been quite unexpectedly impressed with a number of teams so far.

It keeps me excited about watching.

Go Steelers!

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll say it here and now. I GURANTEE the Bears make the playoffs. Gurantee it.
I'm not taking anything away from the Steelers. They found a gem in Big Ben, however, at this time of the season I would take Kyle Orton to lead my team as I said earlier.
The Bears will fall backwards and likely make the playoffs. The only team to really challenge them in their pathetic division is Green Bay and they have a new QB this year.

The Bears will get run out of the playoffs in the first round by whatever wildcard team they play more than likely.

You want Orton - fine - you have him. He IS your QB.
The Bears are also helped by a crazy easy schedule. Houston? St Louis? Detroit twice? Are you kidding me? They could play Naperville Central, Wheaton South and Glenbard East and have a tougher schedule.

My season prediction for the Bears is as follows :
9-7

Sun 9/7 at Indianapolis W 29-13
Sun 9/14 at Carolina L 17-20
Sun 9/21 Tampa Bay L 24-27
Sun 9/28 Philadelphia W 24-20
Sun 10/5 at Detroit W 34-7
Sun 10/12 at Atlanta 1:00 pm - Loss
Sun 10/19 Minnesota 1:00 pm - Win
bye
Sun 11/2 Detroit 1:00 pm -Win
Sun 11/9 Tennessee 1:00 pm -Loss
Sun 11/16 at Green Bay 1:00 pm - Loss
Sun 11/23 at St. Louis 1:00 pm - Win
Sun 11/30 at Minnesota 8:15 pm -Loss
Sun 12/7 Jacksonville 1:00 pm - Loss
Thu 12/11 New Orleans 8:15 pm - Win
Mon 12/22 Green Bay 8:30 pm -Win
Sun 12/28 at Houston 1:00 pm -Win

The Packers will likely go 8-8. That will give the division to the Bears. Minnesota won't have a chance until they get a real QB. They can't run every play and they can't play every game on astro-turf. The Lions? They just hope not to finish 0-15.

The problem for the Steelers is having the toughest schedule in the NFL. Baltimore isn't great but they have good defense and could give them a run. Cinncy will be better once Palmer gets going again.

Pitt Schedule:
Sun 9/7 Houston W 38-17
Sun 9/14 at Cleveland W 10-6
Sun 9/21 at Philadelphia L 6-15
Mon 9/29 Baltimore W 23-20
Sun 10/5 at Jacksonville W 26-21
bye
Sun 10/19 at Cincinnati 1:00 pm - Win
Sun 10/26 NY Giants 4:15 pm - Game of Year - Win in OT
Mon 11/3 at Washington 8:30 pm - Loss
Sun 11/9 Indianapolis 4:15 pm - Win
Sun 11/16 San Diego 4:15 pm - Win
Thu 11/20 Cincinnati 8:15 pm -Win
Sun 11/30 at New England 4:15 pm -Loss
Sun 12/7 Dallas 4:15 pm -Win
Sun 12/14 at Baltimore 1:00 pm -Loss
Sun 12/21 at Tennessee 1:00 pm - Loss
Sun 12/28 Cleveland 1:00 pm -Win

Prediction 10-6 but some of those game could go either way (Giants/Indy/San Diego/Dallas/Tenn/Wash)

Look at that schedule. Its BRUTAL. Giants? Indy? Washington?

Even the teams there without good records are tough games.

Kahlan_FHP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Bears will fall backwards and likely make the playoffs. The only team to really challenge them in their pathetic division is Green Bay and they have a new QB this year.

The Bears will get run out of the playoffs in the first round by whatever wildcard team they play more than likely.

You want Orton - fine - you have him. He IS your QB.
The Bears are also helped by a crazy easy schedule. Houston? St Louis? Detroit twice? Are you kidding me? They could play Naperville Central, Wheaton South and Glenbard East and have a tougher schedule.

9-7

bye

The Packers will likely go 8-8. That will give the division to the Bears. Minnesota won't have a chance until they get a real QB. They can't run every play and they can't play every game on astro-turf. The Lions? They just hope not to finish 0-15.

The problem for the Steelers is having the toughest schedule in the NFL. Baltimore isn't great but they have good defense and could give them a run. Cinncy will be better once Palmer gets going again.

Pitt Schedule:
Sun 9/7 Houston W 38-17
bye

Prediction 10-6 but some of those game could go either way (Giants/Indy/San Diego/Dallas/Tenn/Wash)

Look at that schedule. Its BRUTAL. Giants? Indy? Washington?

Even the teams there without good records are tough games.
Doesnt matter what the schedule is. Bears are going to demolish Atlanta. The run defense is way too good. Atlanta has yet to play a truly solid defense and when they did play an ok defense, Turner was made to look like a JFL player. The Bears beat the Eagles. It can be said "They didnt have Westbrook." Which I dont really buy. We didnt have Tommie Harris, our main run stopper. The Bears easily win 10 or more games this season. Again, they have lost by a combined six points in two games. Had the defense held on (since the Bears blew DOUBLE DIGIT leads in the 4th quarter) we'd be undefeated. You think we lose to Greenbay? HAHAHAHAHA! Have you forgotten Lovie's record against the Packers? And one of the games they won was a meaningless game right before the playoffs a couple years ago. Bears are going to destroy the pack.
Looking at your prediction...so we lose to GB and then we win against them?

B

Black Betty

Fingers crossed and hoping that Rodgers is able to help you out with a loss to us!

Packers only second to the Steelers in my heart. :) (Then comes Washington, my childhood favorite)

I

Insta

Since he did the same thing with the Vikings, I'm pretty sure he was looking at the home field advantage part of the game. Just my guess

Kahlan_FHP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bears will sweep their division *shrugs* that's the safest bet I've ever taken since predicting the Bears would beat the Lions.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Difference between home and away dude. Pay attention.
Do you think the Bears sweep every series with a division opponent each year? Seriously.

Kahlan_FHP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Difference between home and away dude. Pay attention.
Do you think the Bears sweep every series with a division opponent each year? Seriously.
I know, but the fights we've been putting up there is no way the vikings or packers will beat us this year. NFC north is pretty sad aside from the Bears.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Doesnt matter what the schedule is. Bears are going to demolish Atlanta. The run defense is way too good. Atlanta has yet to play a truly solid defense and when they did play an ok defense, Turner was made to look like a JFL player.
I'd like to point out that the Bears lost to Atlanta - 22-20.

Oops. Looks like your prediction is way off and I was...once again... correct.

Kahlan_FHP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I was wrong about who would win..but my game schematics were right on. I said that Atlanta wouldnt be able to run the ball..and what happened? Leagues top rusher was made to look like Cedric Benson...nearly non-existent. In fact Bears had the game in the bag with 11 seconds to go if our secondary wasnt so banged up and could stop a single pass. Oh well. Home field advantage. I weigh it with a grain of salt, but friend of mine who was at the game said they stopped the clock before the whistles were blown on that final catch giving Atlanta 1 second left on the clock. BTW, that final drive shows why I would pick Kyle Orton over Big Ben.

I

Insta

I weigh it with a grain of salt, but friend of mine who was at the game said they stopped the clock before the whistles were blown on that final catch giving Atlanta 1 second left on the clock.
Home field advantage gone wrong!!!! I saw it on TV!!

Kahlan_FHP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Home field advantage gone wrong!!!! I saw it on TV!!
I read on the Bears message board that they are filing something with the NFL about the clock. I guess they just want to prove to the nation that they won the game and got screwed by whoever is controlling the clock. It'd be nice if they turned it over and gave it to the Bears but I dont think that's ever been done in the history of the game. Roger Goodell "Uh..on behalf of the NFL I want to apologize to the Bears for the poor clock handling. Um..have a good season..uh..go get em!"

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I was wrong about who would win..but my game schematics were right on. I said that Atlanta wouldnt be able to run the ball..and what happened? Leagues top rusher was made to look like Cedric Benson...nearly non-existent. In fact Bears had the game in the bag with 11 seconds to go if our secondary wasnt so banged up and could stop a single pass. Oh well. Home field advantage. I weigh it with a grain of salt, but friend of mine who was at the game said they stopped the clock before the whistles were blown on that final catch giving Atlanta 1 second left on the clock. BTW, that final drive shows why I would pick Kyle Orton over Big Ben.
I believe you said something about the Bears DEMOLISH Atlanta. No matter which way this game went - the Bears didn't DEMOLISH anyone plus they lost the game.

Argue clock all you want. If the Bears would have DEMOLISHED them - it would not have come down to a few seconds.

In terms of the league's best rusher comment - of course the Bears stacked the box to stop the run and what did Atlanta do? What any good team would do - throw instead. Ryan had 300+ yards, 1 TD and a 116 QB rating.

Again - take Kyle Orton all you want. Don't look now. Here comes GB and Minn.

Kahlan_FHP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont recall saying DEMOLISH, but I may have. However it goes, we got screwed in that game. I have PACKER fans who have emailled me and gave me their sympathy, lol. If we can get our secondary back, the guys who are not hurt, I dont see anyone in our schedule who would give us a run for our money. And sorry about stacking the box, you must not have watched the game. We ran our usual Tampa-2 and the majority of passes Ryan made were 10+ yards which has nothing to do with stacking the box. Our corners and safeties failed and failed hard in that game. Our secondary looks like JFL players. Maybe they should call Michael Turner.

T

Teufel_Hund

I dont recall saying DEMOLISH, but I may have. However it goes, we got screwed in that game. I have PACKER fans who have emailled me and gave me their sympathy, lol. If we can get our secondary back, the guys who are not hurt, I dont see anyone in our schedule who would give us a run for our money. And sorry about stacking the box, you must not have watched the game. We ran our usual Tampa-2 and the majority of passes Ryan made were 10+ yards which has nothing to do with stacking the box. Our corners and safeties failed and failed hard in that game. Our secondary looks like JFL players. Maybe they should call Michael Turner.
dude, come on! Now you are sounding like Obama McCain and Clinton....I don't recall saying.... read your damn posts. You said it, you dug the whole, now lay in it and let it go past. damn. Anyway I still got your 500k and Theo I have a couple of mill for you.

Kahlan_FHP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dude, come on! Now you are sounding like Obama McCain and Clinton....I don't recall saying.... read your damn posts. You said it, you dug the whole, now lay in it and let it go past. damn. Anyway I still got your 500k and Theo I have a couple of mill for you.

Wow..stfu teufel. Since when was this ever your business? Keep the 500k. You're acting like a ****. Im not going to waste my time and go confirm if I said something especially when it's on these forums. Like I said, I might have said it. Looks like I did. Big deal. I dont think anyone is confused on who won the game. I did get a slight chuckle that someone actually search through the thread to find that though. Bears are going to make the playoffs. Granted winning 10 games doesnt look promising when your secondary is all secong stringers, but winning a game is a team effort. We'll see. Anyone can win on any given Sunday. Even home-town clock controllers who want the world to believe you can pull off a 3-step drop back 30 yard pass in 6 seconds.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Granted winning 10 games doesnt look promising when your secondary is all secong stringers, but winning a game is a team effort. We'll see. Anyone can win on any given Sunday. Even home-town clock controllers who want the world to believe you can pull off a 3-step drop back 30 yard pass in 6 seconds.
Wow - a few posts ago you said winning 10 games would be easy. Did you lose all your DB's in the Atlanta game? How quickly the quality of your team changes.

I am not waving in my prediction. Lets check back every week shall we? This is fun.

How I do love living in Chicago and dealing with the delusional Bears fans that think their team is going to go 16-0 each season. Its comical.

I root for Ben and the Steelers and even I predict they will lose some games.

There is a difference between an eternal optimist and a realist. I'm no eternal optimist - but most of you have figgured that one out.

Kahlan_FHP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow - a few posts ago you said winning 10 games would be easy. Did you lose all your DB's in the Atlanta game? How quickly the quality of your team changes.

I am not waving in my prediction. Lets check back every week shall we? This is fun.

How I do love living in Chicago and dealing with the delusional Bears fans that think their team is going to go 16-0 each season. Its comical.

I root for Ben and the Steelers and even I predict they will lose some games.

There is a difference between an eternal optimist and a realist. I'm no eternal optimist - but most of you have figgured that one out.

No, but according Vasher on the score, (and since you always bring up how you live in Chicago and know Chicago sports/fans so well you should be aware of this) he said he'd be 100% ready to go for the game. He wasnt. We then lost Tillman in the game. So yes, both of our corners were absent for the Falcons game. Talking about believing the Bears will win every game.. Read the book "Never Die Easy." It's composed by an amazing guy. If he's an eternal optimist then Im glad to call myself that. Im too much of a fan to predict my team will lose. Why do I predict they will win every game? Because any team can win on any given Sunday. There is no DEFINITE winner, EVER. Such an avid fan as you are, Im surprised you havent figured that out. The Patriots found out the hard way in the superbowl.
Tell me though...how does it feel when you turn on a game to watch your favorite team and you know/predict that they are going to lose? I couldnt watch a game if I believed that. I believe my team will win every game. For me it's part of the thrill of being a sports fan. I wish I could live in Chicago. Everytime i go up there I discover another thing I love.

T

Teufel_Hund

Wow..stfu teufel. Since when was this ever your business? Keep the 500k. You're acting like a ****. Im not going to waste my time and go confirm if I said something especially when it's on these forums. Like I said, I might have said it. Looks like I did. Big deal. I dont think anyone is confused on who won the game. I did get a slight chuckle that someone actually search through the thread to find that though. Bears are going to make the playoffs. Granted winning 10 games doesnt look promising when your secondary is all secong stringers, but winning a game is a team effort. We'll see. Anyone can win on any given Sunday. Even home-town clock controllers who want the world to believe you can pull off a 3-step drop back 30 yard pass in 6 seconds.
wow I am being a **** for calling you out for running your mouth when you don't know what the hell you said? Like the old saying better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are a fool then open it up and prove it. And I am so glad that I could make you laugh since you been whinin like a lil beyatch. Oh and in case you don't know the average NFL player --including the fat bodies on the line-- run under 5 second 40s, so a 6 second 30....um yeah I can believe it! Cya!

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tell me though...how does it feel when you turn on a game to watch your favorite team and you know/predict that they are going to lose? I couldnt watch a game if I believed that. I believe my team will win every game. For me it's part of the thrill of being a sports fan.
I'm not saying don't root for you team - I'm one of the biggest 'fans' you'll ever meet. I'm also a realist. I realize my teams will not go undefeated. For me to go off and act like my team is going to beat every team ever is just foolish.

Tell me, how does it feel truely believing your team is going to win and being crushed 50% of the time?

Now that we have it clear that you are super fanboy - we can disregard any of your predictions as hometown banter. I'll stick with my predictions of reality that you can take to Vegas and make some money if you wish.

Kahlan_FHP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that we have it clear that you are super fanboy - we can disregard any of your predictions as hometown banter. I'll stick with my predictions of reality that you can take to Vegas and make some money if you wish.
Sorry, I dont gamble. I have two children and a wife. (enough said on that, lol) As for Teufel...just shut up and watch the game. Any person who can count will notice that the play lasts longer than 6 seconds. Yeah I was pissed about it, but you know what? Mike Brown said it best "It's the NFL. You have to be prepared to play on every play and the Falcons were, we werent." Should Tillman and Vasher be back and ready for next week... 27-13 Chicago. If Lloyd is back... somewhere in the 30's for Chicago.

Kahlan_FHP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theo...is the game going on right now one of those realist things? Seems like a "bad" team is leading a 4-0 team. One of those games that I'm sure you are "so great at predicting." Damn those Browns fans who believed they would win this game! (game is far from over, still 15 mins to play as I post this, but I am pleasantly surprised to see the Giants getting beat, just pissed that I didnt put in Edwards on my fantasy team). It's games like these why I'll never count my team a loss before the game is played.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Theo...is the game going on right now one of those realist things? Seems like a "bad" team is leading a 4-0 team. One of those games that I'm sure you are "so great at predicting." Damn those Browns fans who believed they would win this game! (game is far from over, still 15 mins to play as I post this, but I am pleasantly surprised to see the Giants getting beat, just pissed that I didnt put in Edwards on my fantasy team). It's games like these why I'll never count my team a loss before the game is played.
Watched it and from someone who grew up in Cleveland - Go Brownies!!

Good to see them have a solid game. NYG aren't as good as the NY media and ESPN make them out to be. 3 of their 4 wins are against Seattle, Cinncy and St Louis. Combined record? 2-14. Their only quality win was against Washington. Yes, they won the SB last year but that was last year. Oh, I know the media wanted you to believe it was a walk over but with perfect weather to pass, a MNF game and a loud dawg pound - Browns played their best game of the year.

Remember - the NYG and the Browns finished last season with the same record 10-6. The NYG made it to the playoffs because of a weaker NFC and the Browns lost out on a tie-breaker to Tenn.

Don't go into games looking at the record - look at the strength of the team and the situation. This game was far more important to Cleveland than NYG.

Kahlan_FHP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Watched it and from someone who grew up in Cleveland - Go Brownies!!

Good to see them have a solid game. NYG aren't as good as the NY media and ESPN make them out to be. 3 of their 4 wins are against Seattle, Cinncy and St Louis. Combined record? 2-14. Their only quality win was against Washington. Yes, they won the SB last year but that was last year. Oh, I know the media wanted you to believe it was a walk over but with perfect weather to pass, a MNF game and a loud dawg pound - Browns played their best game of the year.

Remember - the NYG and the Browns finished last season with the same record 10-6. The NYG made it to the playoffs because of a weaker NFC and the Browns lost out on a tie-breaker to Tenn.

Don't go into games looking at the record - look at the strength of the team and the situation. This game was far more important to Cleveland than NYG.

After I posted that, Edwards caught a touchdown. Now Im really sad I didnt start him on my fantasy team. Oh well, I still won..but would have done really nice replacing Muhammad with Edwards...

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not afraid to revisit my predictions at week 5 to see how close I was to reality. For the record Kahlan - Bears did NOT sweep the division as you said was such an easy prediction. Green Bay with a 37-3 drubbing made sure of that.

Here is my prediction's and I've colored red the incorrect and green the correct picks so far.

9-7

bye

Pitt Schedule:
Sun 9/7 Houston W 38-17
bye

Pretty good so far. Now I missed 3 Pitt games but I told you eahch of those could have gone either way. They lost 2 I didn't think they would lose and won 1 I thought they'd lose so record is close.

I was spot on for the Bears. Anyone want to start taking my predictions to Vegas? You could win some money listening to brother Theo.

Green Bay also on pace for 8-8 as predicted.

F

FireCrazy

Placing a bet in Vegas doesnt mean choosing a team outright to win (other than the superbowl). There are point spreads to consider. While you did do a good job deciding the winner on a forum, I congratulate you.
If you ever come to Vegas holler and we'll go to the best sports book in town, (the Hilton) and watch a game and grab a cold one. The sportsbook has over 1100 seats with 47 large screens, let me not forget to mention the beutiful cocktail waitresses whom never let a beverage get cold, or the next one is free!!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Be careful Theo before you take up FireCrazy on his offer. You might end up as a lampshade in some creepy guy's apartment.

On second thought, you should pursue this IRL rendezvous. And remember, it's OK to accept an open beverage.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Placing a bet in Vegas doesnt mean choosing a team outright to win (other than the superbowl). There are point spreads to consider. While you did do a good job deciding the winner on a forum, I congratulate you.
If you ever come to Vegas holler and we'll go to the best sports book in town, (the Hilton) and watch a game and grab a cold one. The sportsbook has over 1100 seats with 47 large screens, let me not forget to mention the beutiful cocktail waitresses whom never let a beverage get cold, or the next one is free!!

Actually it depends on how you bet the games. If you bet on the moneyline then the spread is not a factor. The amount of money you bet and how much you win is a factor of the odds.

Anways, in a few of the Bears losses I am sure they were likely favorites (GB and Atlanta) and so it wouldn't matter the spread. They were favored and lost.

I will be in Vegas a couple times more in 2009. Next trip in Jan. I'm getting a little Vegas'ed out. I've had 6 trips for work in the past two years. I'm less likely to be at the sports book and more likely to be sneaking some golf in. I managed to 'sneak out' and get 72 holes in at TPC Canyons last time out. I'm a sucker for free golf.

F

FireCrazy

Want better golf packages and such, try the smaller towns outside Vegas. With the economy in the state that its in youcan pick up an overnight stay In Laughlin or Mesquite for 99 bucks or less and that includes the room 1 round 18 holes of golf and a spa treatment for the old lady. It usually is only an hour drive to them and the air is much cleaner.
If you dont mind me askin what type of work do you do? Or do you come to Vegas for the conventions and trade shows?