• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OT - Tabula Rasa (FYI - if you wanted a trial code)

R

Rykus

<center>*** *** EDIT *** ***</center>

If you replied in this thread or PM'd me with interest in receiving a trial code, please PM me your real name and email address. I need this to send the codes apparently. As soon as I receive them I will go to the TR site and generate the codes for you. They will arrive in the email address you provide. I can only generate 4 codes, so it will be first come, first serve.

<center>*** *** EDIT *** ***</center>

I'm sure most of you already know about Tabula Rasa, and that it's been released. I am taking a vacation from UO right now, and would like to invite anyone else who is tired of UO at the moment to join me.

If you would like a 3-day trial code sent to you, either reply here or PM me and I will get one sent to you.

TR is quite fun for now, but like pretty much every other MMO I've tried, it isn't designed to hold your attention long-term like UO. Which I thought was a bit odd considering Richard Garriott created it. Then again, I believe Raph Koster had more to do with designing much more of the actual UO systems and world than RG did.

Anywho, I'm not trying to hurt the Siege population, but if you were going to take a break anyway and would like to try out TR, let me know.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

TR is quite fun for now, but like pretty much every other MMO I've tried, it isn't designed to hold your attention long-term like UO.

[/ QUOTE ]
cuz there is no pvp.

G

Rykus, would you get me one please? I probably won't have a chance to use it until after the holidays but you never know.

I

imported_Pestilence Hemp

Hey i would love an invite. uo just doesnt do it for me anymore, and ive been wanting to check this out. thanks!

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

TR is quite fun for now, but like pretty much every other MMO I've tried, it isn't designed to hold your attention long-term like UO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mind numbing is the word I think you're looking for... I have two LOTRO lifetime accounts, but it's an intermittent thing. I hate the fact that everything is "handed" to you with little effort, and you can't lose it.

TR the same way?

G

I might check it out. How does it fare with older computers? My computer runs WoW fairly well, but that's not saying much. Would I need a graphics card to run TR?

A

AntiOTF

I bought my pc this year, and it was still not up to specs to play Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six.

R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
cuz there is no pvp.

[/ QUOTE ]

There actually is PvP, just not like on Siege. There's consensual PvP and there's also Clan Wars, which I haven't tried yet. PvP isn't why I play UO, it's just one aspect of it I enjoy. The persistent world with a ridiculous amount of freedom for an MMO is why I play UO.

<blockquote><hr>

Mind numbing is the word I think you're looking for... I have two LOTRO lifetime accounts, but it's an intermittent thing. I hate the fact that everything is "handed" to you with little effort, and you can't lose it.

TR the same way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and no. You lose nothing, and death has relatively little penalty. I hear you can loot (partially I believe) in clan wars, but I can't verify this right now. When you die, you suffer 'resuscitation sickness' for 5 minutes, which is basically like stat loss in UO, a 20% reduction in efectiveness. Repeated deaths do stack and can make this as high as a 60% penalty for up to 15 minutes. There's methods to help alleviate this though.

<blockquote><hr>

I might check it out. How does it fare with older computers? My computer runs WoW fairly well, but that's not saying much. Would I need a graphics card to run TR?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it runs WoW, you should be ok. Mine is a decent PC, about 2 years old, and would only run on the 'Low' graphics setting. I chose 'custom' instead and selected a few features to make it more of a medium setting and it runs smooth and looks great. I would love to see it on Ultra High though since it's very nice on my low-medium setting.

<blockquote><hr>

I'll try it, but Im not leaving siege just yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

My sentiments exactly. I've seen others posting on the TR fan sites that it's a helluvalotta fun until the mid 30's (goes up to lvl 50) because much of the high end content is still being worked on. They are releasing more content every two weeks and they apparently add a BUNCH of stuff with each patch.

Overall I am pretty impressed with it for what it is. It's a mix of SWG, Starship Troopers and AO with a touch of Halo thrown in. If you really like blasting the shiznit outta aliens and combining technology with science that is indistinguishable from magic, then you will enjoy this. The questing systems are very well done and the interface is very simple, maybe even a little too simple at times. The combat is more fun than any other techno/sci-fi game I've played. It's not just glorified turn based action, it's definitely real-time and fast paced. More like a FPS.

Overall, I'd give it a solid 4 out of 5 for the type of game it is. Like most other 3D game though, it lacks the long term play that UO has got in spades. I couldn't imagine someone actually leaving UO forever to play it, but TR is definitely a fun distraction if it's your kinda 'thing'.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Minimum System Requirements

* Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP
* CPU: 2.5GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent
* RAM: 512MB
* DVD-ROM
* Hard Disk Space: 5GB available HDD space - ATI Radeon 9600 or NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 series video card with 128 MB of VRAM-
* 16 bit sound card- Broadband internet connection -Keyboard and mouse
* DirectX 9.0c

Recommended System Requirements

* Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista/XP
* CPU: 3.5 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent
* RAM: 2GB
* DVD-ROM
* Hard Disk Space: 5GB available HDD space
* Video Card: ATI Radeon x1800 or NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series video card
* Sound Card: 16-bit sound card
* Broadband internet connection
* Keyboard and mouse
* DirectX9.0c

It is highly unlikely anyone would be happy trying to play it at the minimum requirements, and the recommended requirements rule out a bunch of older computers.

-Skylark

R

Rykus

If you are interested in trying out TR, please read the edited part of the first post.

I just figured out how to create the codes and need your info...