• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ossein Ram- Battle Defense question

Pinky Pixie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ossein Ram- Battle Defense question

Those friends can explain what this skill is. What skills will he release? What is the approximate damage?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
best use is the one that shares half the damage you take, but i believe they also get shield bash and stun, and rampage(wrestle mastery?)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Drazas answer is not exactly accurate.

They start like this:

1596232943466.png

Battle Defense ------ Trains the creature in the disarm and paralyze special moves. Also trains the creature in the Heightened Senses & Shield Bash mastery abilities.

You have to tell the pet to Guard you to activate Body Guard.

Body Guard on pets cuts the damage taken by 50% for pet and owner. (It is not the same as the one Toons can get.)
I made one to test it. The Ram had 3 Greater Dragons on it and it needed very little help with HP.

If you put any other magic on you lose all but LL.

A Ram does not have Wrestling Mastery.(which also gives paralyze and disarm) Not all pets can get Battle Defense.

Battle Defense on pets is kind of like Parry Mastery on Toons.

shieldbashShield Bash When activated the shield user will execute a shield bash on successfully hitting or parrying their opponent causing physical damage and paralyzing their opponent, interrupts spells if players are not immune to paralyze, based on parry skill, best weapon skill, and mastery level. Damage is capped in pvp at 35.
bodyguardBody Guard The shield user chooses a protectee to absorb a percentage of damage done to the protectee based on parry skill, best weapon skill, and mastery level.
heightenedsensesHeightened Senses Toggle ability that provides the Parrying Master with increased chance to parry based on parry skill, best weapon skill and mastery level that consumes mana while active.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not know the damage values for Shield Bash or the parry gained with Heightened senses.

Body Guard (when active) on pets does not split the damage. The pet and owner receive 50% less damage taken. If the pet is the only thing taking damage the owner takes no damage.

This 50% works for melee and spell damage. I have tested Body Guard on my toon in Fel with melee and spell damage.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
PvM
IMO the only useful thing with the Battle Defense ability is the 50% damage reduction. The paralyze works for a small amount of time. (paralyze was nerfed on pets in the first weeks of the pet revamp) They say Disarm does not activate often in PvP. On a Base Ram, I can not tell the shield bash damage from the regular damage.