• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Origin Store Issue: Can only buy 1 Legacy Token at a time?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't figure out how to by more than one Legacy Token at a time; it will only let me get a single item per transaction. wtf ?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think it was Petra Fyde who posted some trick a while back on how to buy more than one thing at a time, but it sounded to me more complicated than just logging out and starting over. Insane as it sounds, that system is designed to let you only buy one thing per trip. I

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I think it was Petra Fyde who posted some trick a while back on how to buy more than one thing at a time, but it sounded to me more complicated than just logging out and starting over. Insane as it sounds, that system is designed to let you only buy one thing per trip. I
I thought it was Lady Storm who posted a work-around... but I could be wrong.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I thought it was Lady Storm who posted a work-around... but I could be wrong.
If it was Lady Storm, maybe she will see this and clarify - but I was still too lazy ever to try it.
EDIT: Google to the rescue
https://stratics.com/community/threads/origin-store-limits.317487/
The post form Lady Storm
To buy from the Origin Store more then one item is :
Step 1.
Go to the ORigin Store. Find your item. (say a 1 month game time code)
Step 2.
Add to cart.
Step 3.
Log in your account at the Origin Store, once done. Check your order to cart. You will see that item added there.
Step 4.
Log out of the Origin Store.
Step 5.
Go to a different Web page.
Step 6.
Go back to the Origin Store.
Step 7.
Add another item to cart. (You loged out so its now treating you as a new person)
Step 8.
Verify its in cart as before.
Step 9.
Log in to your Origin Store account, Check your shopping cart. (You should now see an item of 2)
Step 10.
Log Out of the Origin Store account again, Wash , rince, repeat, Steps 1 - 10.
AS many times as needed there is not a limit and you get charged 1 purchase at the very end.
Yanaki2 has assured me its not hard at all and I know for a fact he has bought me 11 time codes last week! all on one order!!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you kidding me!!!!!!! ^^

That above is what you need to do to buy more than one item from the Origin store?

That is pretty tragic system they have there.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The real stupid part is, that they block it, but have left a buck which still allows you to circumvent this blocking.
If such bugs are in, I do not wonder about the FIFA affairs (unauthorized purchases in store) either.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I've successfully done the workaround before but can't get it to work now.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I called and complained one time.... they totally can NOT understand why you would want more than one of anything.

First off 99% of their other games you only have 1 account, 1 character...... they don't sell "stuff" much for other games so they are 100% clueless about UO or how it works. They totally were flabbergasted when I told them that I have NINE accounts and I wanted to Buy NINE of something. They couldn't understand WTF I'd want that many for.

I wanted to seriously pancake them out for being so insanely stupid as to not know or understand ANYTHING about what they were selling. Was in my letter I wrote to the CEO's of EA as well, when I gave them a piece of my mind awhile back. Fat lot of good that did. Though I'm hoping that it was part of what inspired them to give UO to Broadsword.

It is my firm belief that the persons responsible for the Origin store are not only completely clueless... but they are probably responsible for the loss of Millions of Dollars to EA. Honestly some of it I can somewhat understand in that they don't perhaps want the markets of UO flooded with token sales or whatever... HOWEVER..... if folk want tons of tokens... keeping folk from buying in bulk actually has been counter-intuitive to what they want. By restricting they sale of bulk amounts of tokens they have created a VOID which shady third party sites then fill by offering "cheap" bulk token packages of DUPED tokens. So EA/UO/Origin loses out on 100's of thousands of dollars in sales.

Just my opinion and observations... of course that was part of what I told the CEO's. Not that they care since obviously that system is still broken 2 years or so later.