• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Origin Malas Castle placement

• Thread starter DarkScripture
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

DarkScripture

Origin has so much open space for housing. How about we be allowed to place Castles in malas with all the free space we have?

S

Sneaky

Why would you wanna have a castle in nasty ol Malas when you can already build one in Tram, or better yet Fel? If Origin is as devoid of housing as you say it shouldn't be to hard to find or buy one for cheap. Or convince someone who lives in a castle size plot but doesn't have a castle to move to Malas instead and then take theirs, that works :p

L

Lord Drakelord

Origin has so much open space for housing. How about we be allowed to place Castles in malas with all the free space we have?
When Malas was born, we were told there would not be any Keeps or castles allowed, except for the ONE castle that was a prize on all shard.

As much as I like the castles I would rather have a Keep.

T

The Home Guild

When Malas was born, we were told there would not be any Keeps or castles allowed, except for the ONE castle that was a prize on all shard.

Correction 5 castles per shard.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because while castles look cool, they take up huge amounts of space. I have potential for easily 8 houses (2 large towers, a log cabin and patio house, 4 small stone towers) where I live. All of which would be replaced by just 1 castle. I'm sure there are better examples, but that's one I know.

If you think how many players have multiple houses and how many want to be living in Tram, you'd see why they made that rule for Malas. Castles shouldn't be common IMHO, because surely that's a huge bit of their charm.

Wenchy

L

Lord Drakelord

Correction 5 castles per shard.
More then one castle on other shards? Funny, there is ONLY one castle on Sonoma in Malas. Been that way since the ONE was placed.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Only one in Malas on Europa AFAIK...

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EA attempted to give five Malas castles per shard, but for whatever reason, not all were claimed ~~ the promotion was sent to the emails attached to the accounts, after a random drawing

B

butthead owns

no way man that would not be cool and reason for it go to airrang and run around all u see is keeps and castles in fell and tram u think malas should be same and then why would it be cool to have a castle if everyone and there brother owned one it would make price of a castle like 5k in gold lol

R

Rainbow Stu

I was able to place a castle on LS this last week. Took a long time of finding people and trading different houses around to get it, but if you work at it not hard to find space to place one. This was in fel btw.

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was supposed to have been 5 per shard. The problem was that EA used a mass emailer outfit to send out the winning emails, but unfortunately this outfit was blacklisted by something like 90% of the ISP's out there for sending out so many spam emails over the years, which basically meant most of the people that won never even knew they won and didn't contact Binky to claim their castles. And of course, EA/Binky never mentioned it again after that nor made any attempt to correct the problem (it is EA after all).

Tek

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know of at least 2 malas castles on LA
There was 3 last time I checked.

does any one know if they can be traded or are they tied to the account?

Its unfortunate that they miss handled it and not all of the castles were clamed or given away, I knew a lot of players that were disappointed with the outcome. Its also sad that some of them were clamed but never used and just sit empty.

D

DarkScripture

There are feilds and feilds of open space . If we gave every player on Origin a castle there would still be space for more.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Part of the problem with the promotion, over and above the mailing issue, was that even if you won, odds are the castle you won wasn't on your shard, and you had to give up your existing house to claim it.

G

Gwendar-SP

There were hints that if they managed to drive enough people from the game with KR that they would open up Malas for castles.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its got my vote. It sure would bring the crazy prices on them down, and god knows may even bring some players back...who tryed for not for years to own one.. but gave up fighting script placers and the like.:thumbup1:

B

butthead owns

yeah and why is that cuss there was a give away a while back lol and the castle spot were in malas due to no room anywhere elese

B

butthead owns

u want a castle go to airrang and walk around u will find a spot most places to place most anything why make it so people can have a castle in malas and then make people like me that have one feel stupid for haveing one cuss some nub can now place on in crapy malas if u want a castle earn it like i did

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are feilds and feilds of open space . If we gave every player on Origin a castle there would still be space for more.
That's all well and good (well bad) but other shards don't have acres of space in Malas. If you have that much space on Origin, surely there's also a better chance of finding castle plots in Tram and Fel too.

Wenchy

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gimme gimme gimme!!!!

Go find a castle spot in tram or fel....i know for a fact there is free spaces on origin.

On a wider scale allowing castle placement in the Malas ''caravan park'' would tighten up the houseing market on most shards, making even malas 1818s worth something ,if not just for buying up to make space for a castle or keep.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only one in Malas on Europa AFAIK...

There is 3 on europa!! actually...