• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Origin EM Drop

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I was quite surprised to not see any of these listed seconds after the event ended :)

Just curious on how much an item like this is worth.

It does NOT open but you can drop items in it....so you have to be careful lol.

When you click it, it makes the greater heal spell sound and sparkles, cool down of about a minute?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have you tried placing this on a vendor to see if you can open it?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You can open it when it's on a vendor but you can't take anything out of it. I put one bandage in it to test. When you take it off the vendor it's still un-openable.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe try turning it when it's locked down to see if it can open? Cute box btw :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL thanks! I thought so too, our EM creates some cute little mini event arcs.

But yeah I tried that too, it just won't open! Kinda weird huh? That it has the contents/stones amount but you can't open it? :/ Still cool, and pretty blue!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you get items "stuck" in it you can put the box on a packhorse to take them back out. as for value, not really sure. not being able to use it as an actual container hurts value a good bit, but its also a 10 drop and some people like goblin stuff. i wouldnt expect it to go for much more than 100m but never know. cool item :)

Last edited:

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
:( I was feeling bad last night and after the GL event I just went to bed. When I checked this morning and didn't see any event items from Origin for sale I was glad I went to bed...now that I see this I can be mad at myself!! But I did finally get my first event drop last night..When I saw the little Message "An Items Has Been Placed In Your Bag" I cheered out loud...only to moments later realize that it wasn't the drop but it was some mystic spellbook artifact haha...the UO Gods are making fun of me.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah you can take the item out if it's on a pack animal.

Sorry Jason! lol I felt the same. I always check right after an event to see what the item is worth. When I saw none here this morning I found it odd so I had to ask.

I figure that since it makes noise and sparkles that would add value, the fact that it's a container you can't really use takes away value...so I had to ask!

It's a neat little item.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Have there been event containers like this in the past? Maybe this is something the EM will come back and fix.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah we had one before our current EM, the Grinch in a Box...was a christmas gift box graphic but didn't open.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
75-150m estimate imo. peeps like chests, but they like them to work also, and its a cute name and cool color.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
There was another metal box like this a while back, I forget the name; I recall Daegan had one that his Poseidon's set accidentally fell into. It took a GM to get it out.

If anyone has one for sale, please contact me! :D