• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ore locations

J

JoeSixPack

In 75 months i have never seen a skill so ripped apart as mining. The powers to be must restore mining to its better days. Its not the honest miners falut that EA cant control scripters. Punishing the 90% to catch the 10% is unfair. All my ore rune book locations are useles now, which took me hours to prospect. An I realy spent hours finding the best spots to mine. The following should be restored asap.
1; Lock the ore locations in place.
2; Restore hiding to mining an logging its our main defence against murders. We are crafters you know. An remove the delay you put in between hiding an using a shovel. TY

G

You will get use to the changes. Mining is much more joyable now. High level ore was meant to be rare.
The changes is good for the game as whole and not only made to stop scripters. I believe we will se some crafting changes that will make items made of high level metal more valuable and useful.
I can understand your wish for being able to hide. I dropped hiding on my miner years ago, I mine near my house and they won't get alot from me, some ingots, maybe a gem or two but never more than max 30 mins work.
I really love the changes because I now can have my valorite spots in peace when I find them, noone is recalling ind and stealing them.

L

Lilac Crypt

I'm with Freja. I actually like the changes.

I was never a fan of hidden mining, 'cause most times there isn't a reason for an honest miner to BE hidden.

Rare ores were supposed to be rare.. not mined over and over and over and over from the same spots all day. I still find my share of high end ores, just not in the same places they used to be. Some days I find valorite, some days I don't. Not like I need a huge pile of it anyhow.

Now if they'd just remove scripters, I'd be a happy miner. Failing that, they could make my bagballs last more than a few hours.

J

jelake

Mining is fine and nowhere near as bad as Lumberjacking. I have so many prospector's tools and gargoyle pickaxes, I can pretty much get any ore I want.

As for the hiding, funny thing. I never went to Felucca to mine until AFTER hiding no longer worked. Both changes have made me change my tactics for resource gathering, but it hasn't stopped me from getting what I need or put me at great risk to pkers. Hint: Guard zones and recall-mining.

G

I love to be able and go out everyday and find a new vein. Finding new ways of getting ingots. Learning how to be productive and do bods. Its a challenge now to go out and find what you need.

G

Ore locations changed for the first time when the Tram/Fel split happened. Having been around forever and ocassionally suffering from OCD I had mapped into UOAM every ore vein on the facet, including dungeons, including those little patches of rock in the middle of the woods... I drank heavily, swore, cursed and proceeded to remap both facets. Needless to say that too was a waste of time. I had a collection of mining books that probably rivaled what Goodmans has setup OVERALL, all for naught. That being long ago and totally irrelevant to the subject at hand I have a few suggestions.
1) get over it
2) adapt

The veins dont change THAT often. go to the caves north of minoc along the backside of reaper ridge. Two valorite spawns in each cave. they may shift around from the top of the cave to the other side but they have been there consistently.

What else is on your mining character for skills? If you're going to be mining for a few hours, stone off something not mining in place for skills one of your other characters might have. The GM Miner/Legendary Mage/Eval/Resist combo I don't really concern myself too much with monsters or PKs.

Wrapping up the long-winded speech from the old fart... the changes were put in for a reason and I understand that now. I would rather have to 'work' a little bit than deal with the plague of scripters.

Oh, and for the record... I drink my koolaid with jagermeister. Delete that other thread, will ya, dont need two posts for the same subject.

G

Every well said!!!! I drank my vodka with a splash of koolaid! But anyway with the new changes it has bought of miners together on LA where we try to beat out the few remaining scriptors. We are also keeping the price low which doesnt help the scriptors make alot here on LA.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And for the thousandth time again I will ask....What pkers? Fel is sooo super dead. Any attending miner can recall out before a pk gets half way onto the screen. I mine in fel and fel only. I mine alot and Ive seen 1 red in a year. Lucky I hide to goto the bathroom and when i came back i saw him run past. But fel on all shards is like dead. Youll find players at yew gate or the champ spawns and thats about it. Hiding isnt needed for mining. You must remember pkers wont hide in a mine or along the mountside waiting for miners. They will just run the edge of a mountain and check for miners to kill. You will see them coming.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And for the thousandth time, the pkers that ARE out there - just not apparently on your shard.

Fel is NOT "dead on all shards", as you would seem to believe. I once even saw a miner PK on a Fire Beetle, apparently with mining, kill a Fel miner, loot their ingots, and smelt the ore on them, before leaving. I think he was one of those "that's my ore - find your own mountain!" types.

Hey, Zooman/Slim - I think you need to introduce yourself to Zippy.....

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to see a non dead fel shard. Please which one? Since I have chars on all shards and have been on all shards. I only play in fel. And still nowadays. I can log onto any shard and fel will be dead. Now 1 person at fel brit bank does not count. So please which shard?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Try looking someplace other than Brit bank....

G

Hate to sound like a broken record but if you love Fel rule set so much then let go of the Prodo shards and move to Siege!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hate to sound like a broken record but if you love Fel rule set so much then let go of the Prodo shards and move to Siege!

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta say, yup, to this. I have been PKed in Illsh and Malas on my miner on Seige. It is all good, make new leather armor, retool and back out to mine.

As for the Ore spots, get some Garg picks and Prospector tools and away you go. I like to mine in Illsh (for the Paragons) and in the time it took me to mine approx. 60K in Iron ore, I have mined up about 8.5K in Valorite ore.

The trick is to remember or mark all the Agapite thru Val spots you find and revisit them about every 10 min. Use Prospectors tools and Garg Picks to bump them to Val and go to town. The Ellementals are bonus ore and loot, fun times.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doh I do look everywhere and see noone except at luna bank. Yea I love the fel rule set soo much. But Seige and Fel are nothing alike. Seige ruleset is totally unique. Now to the person on what shard was it LA? That says your beating scripters by keeping low prices. LOL Helllo they will buy all yours out and resell them at the higher cost. They will keep the cheap vendors empty so people have no choice but to buy their expensive ingots. There is one and only one way to beat scripting and that is for the devs to actually monitor and detect these 3rd party programs and ban the scripter.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Funny, not seen any of the low-price shops be bought out by scripters yet. Of course, they are set up in the wilds of Malas, and drop runes in Luna, instead of being in Luna for the illegal shopping programs to detect...