• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ore Elementals

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can pull ore elementals in the tram, Malas, and Tokuno and you get an appropriately colored ore elly to kill with 25 Large ore on it.

In Illsh, you have a chance of a Paragon Ore elly, with a change of a paragon chest and still 25 large ore on it.

In Fel, all the resources are supposed to be double, but your Ore elly still only has 25 Large ore. Let Ore ellys have double resources in Fel, like Sea serps do now.

And, we could use Gargoyle Axes, that bump wood levels and spawn Treefellows of appropriate wood types.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree -

And they should make Dull Copper Elementals follow the same rules as the others (currently they only spawn as natural creatures, and have 2 ore in them), and make gargoyle pickaxes elevate iron-ore-only spots to Dull copper and spawn DC elementals.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Disagree because mainly they need to remove double resources/etc in the first place, not add more to it.

Beyond that, I agree with the Dull Copper elems 100%.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
use the Prospector tool to bump the ore type then the GG pick 2 bump it a 2nd time

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
but I want more DC

I get plenty enough shadow...

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am currently low on Shadow, because of shadow BOD's. I turn most shadow BOD's in for the powder.

And, I totally agree on DC ellys, let em spawn with 25 large ore.

T

Tycolby

http://http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.php?db_content=hunters&id=313

As you can read in this description of a shadow Ellie the ore found on the body is loot not a resource.

Until they double the loot in fel then there is no need to double the ore on ore ellies in Fel.

I understand that it is used as a resource but its not gathered as a resource but as defeating a Mob and looted. If you could mine the body of an ore ellie then I would agreee 100% with an increase to it.

T

Tycolby

Also If you need shadow ingots that bad you can equip your miner with an Orc slayer and go to the orc cave and farm the orc brutes all day long and get tons of shadow iron. Thats only if your miner can fight. I would assume that your miner can as you mentioned fighting ore ellies.

Also in that part of the cave there is a anvil and I believe a forge where you could smelt all the iron weapon off the orcs into iron ingots also. If there is no forge then any fire beatle would do.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, I know I can get Shadow off the Orc Brute, but I am not really a fighting miner, I just have a decent Mage Bow, it does the job on elementals.

And, I know that "fighting" elementals, is quite similar to fighting the Orc Brute, but I still have to mine, to unearth one.

The Ore as loot is an intersting take on it. In that case, wouldn't the elemental itself be considered a resource? So, how about I mine up a pair of elementals in Fel, I would be happy with this solution as well.

And lets get DC elementals that have 25 DC ore on them.

:)

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It'd be nice if the ore from ore elementals worked like dragonscales... except you need to use a pickaxe or a shovel instead of using a bladed item.
And then adjust all dull copper and earth elementals so that they don't drop ore as loot, but do give ore when a pickaxe is used on them (fertile dirt and ore from the earth elemental - more dirt than ore?).

V

Vyrquenox

Why fight the orcs when an orc mask will make them ignore you?

Just sayin.....
Because orc brutes don't hand out shadow ore, they have it on their corpse. A soul seeker and a half capable fighter can rake in shadow ore there. Even not trying I can get 1k shadow ore in a relatively short time. Not sure it is really time effecient, as shadow ore can be had off a normal vein as mentioned above.

N

Ni-

Because orc brutes don't hand out shadow ore, they have it on their corpse. A soul seeker and a half capable fighter can rake in shadow ore there. Even not trying I can get 1k shadow ore in a relatively short time. Not sure it is really time effecient, as shadow ore can be had off a normal vein as mentioned above.
As far as I know Shadow Iron ore cannot be obtained from a normal vein. I don't think using a prospector tool, or a gargy pickaxe, on an Iron only vein will bump it up to Dull Copper. If I am wrong please let me know! I could really use that being the case! Actually, I am really only pretty sure about the gargy pickaxe not bumping Iron to Dull Copper...

I'll have to try that if I can remember when I get home.

U

UOKaiser

As far as I know Shadow Iron ore cannot be obtained from a normal vein. I don't think using a prospector tool, or a gargy pickaxe, on an Iron only vein will bump it up to Dull Copper. If I am wrong please let me know! I could really use that being the case! Actually, I am really only pretty sure about the gargy pickaxe not bumping Iron to Dull Copper...

Not sure about the gargoye pick but am sure the prospect tool does bring most iron veins to dull. There are some veins that it doesnt do that to which i noticed not sure if its random or what but most of all I usually mine the same amount of dull as iron whith human and more dull than iron whith elf.

Oh and yea use gargoye after you use prospect for iron vein and there shouldnt be a issue in bringing it up to shadow.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The confusion here, probably stems from the fact that if you use a Garg pickaxe on an Iron vein, you get Iron (no bump). But if you use a prospectors tool on the iron spot (it bumps to DC), then you can mine it with a Garg pickaxe for Shadow ore.

Ore collection to fill BOD's did not used to be a big deal, as you could recall to the color spot you needed and mine away. Now that Ore is randomized, I have way too much Iron and Bronze thru Val. I am running low on DC, Shadow, and Copper though, as I mostly fill those small BOD's and turn em in.

Since ore randomixation, I would like a better way to stock up on the low end ore. Even with a garg pick and prospectors tool, you get a ton of iron and other colors. My miner is an Elf.

U

UOKaiser

The confusion here, probably stems from the fact that if you use a Garg pickaxe on an Iron vein, you get Iron (no bump). But if you use a prospectors tool on the iron spot (it bumps to DC), then you can mine it with a Garg pickaxe for Shadow ore.

Ore collection to fill BOD's did not used to be a big deal, as you could recall to the color spot you needed and mine away. Now that Ore is randomized, I have way too much Iron and Bronze thru Val. I am running low on DC, Shadow, and Copper though, as I mostly fill those small BOD's and turn em in.

Since ore randomixation, I would like a better way to stock up on the low end ore. Even with a garg pick and prospectors tool, you get a ton of iron and other colors. My miner is an Elf.
Yea i understand where you coming from. When filling all those low end bods you actually want the low end ore. But now that its the luck of the draw just have to grab them all. Always good to stockpile on ore for later use anyway or sell what you dont need.
Though you probably know but others might not standing on certain spots allow you to mine more than others. They are refered to as veins. The spots never change so you can mark them and just recall to those spots once you find them "am certain many will go to the grave before they give there spots up" to only mine those spots so you dont waste youre time on going to areas to mine less ore.

N

Ni-

Hey guys, thanks for the info on the Prospector's tool bumping up Iron to Dull Copper! I think I just assumed they worked the same as the gargy picks.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone else out there actually do enough mining to think this is a good idea, or not?