• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

orange seeds

• Thread starter imported_Special_Delivery
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Special_Delivery

i was curious as to how exactly you go about getting orange seeds, i have killed countless number of boglings and bog things but still no orange seed...and nobody on napa seems to be selling any

i am kind of new to plant growing but i have read about it a lot and im getting the hang of how things go, right now im growing 224 plants for green thorns but want to grow as many orange petal plants as i can fit in my house

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi There!

Orange seeds are only created through cross-pollination, and aren't found as loot. To get a bright orange plant starting with loot-dropped seeds, you cross a dull red plant with dull yellow to get dull orange, then grow out two dull orange plants and cross pollinate those - the resultant seeds will be bright orange.

I rarely see seeds for sale (I play and garden on Chesapeake). The quickest way to get some would be for a Napa gardener to see this thread - if they have some petal seeds available they'll post here or IM you to let you know. Gardeners as a group are pretty friendly and like to help other gardeners, so that could definitely happen.

If you want to get started right away though, you can grow your own. I'll have to look up what the quickest ways to bright orange petal producers are - I keep a stock of seeds on Chessy and it's been a long time since I had to start from scratch
I'll post again in a bit!

I

imported_Special_Delivery

thank you for the reply
im having a very hard time finding a gardener on napa...not sure if there are a lot of them here or not because it doesn't seem that way

i rarely see any vendors with orange petals or green thorns for sale so i decided to start growing my own

i have some other plants growing right now so i will try and cross polinate the appropriate ones.

thanks again for the reply

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, here's one path to Bright Orange Poppies starting from dropped seeds. I’ll use the following abbreviations – DR = Dull Red, DY = Dull Yellow, DO = Dull Orange, BO = Bright Orange:

1) Start with these three plants, grown to day 7. Since you aren't sure which plants you'll get from dropped seeds, if you don't end up with all three of these plants in your first batch and have to grow more seeds to get the others, just toss the plants you do grow successfully into a secure container in your house - this will freeze their growth at day 7:

DR Campion
DY Campion
DY Fern

2) Use the DR Campion as the "father plant" and pollinate the DY Campion and DY Fern. Grow a seed from the DY Campion - it will become a DO Campion. Grow a seed from the DY Fern – it will become a DO Lilies.

3) On day 7 of the new plants’ growth, use the DO Campion as the “father plant” and pollinate the DO Lilies. Then, put the DO Campion, still un-pollinated, into a secure container in your house.

4) Grow a seed from the DO Lilies – it will become a BO Snowdrops. Cross-pollinate your stored DO Campion and the new BO Snowdrops (you can pollinate each plant with the other and end up with 16 seeds total). The seeds produced will grow into petal-producing BO Poppies.

To Summarize:

DR campion * DY fern = DO lilies
DR campion * DY campion = DO campion
DO campion * DO lilies = BO snowdrops
BO snowdrops * DO campion = BO poppies

G

I'll give you all the seeds you want if you are on the Napa shard. Just PM me.