• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Oracle of the Seas...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Anyone actually gotten one of these yet? Have 2 friends that have almost been fishing NON-stop for a long while now {since 71 went live} and neither of them have.

M

Myna

i am close to give up

to be honest, i am 40 years old, and tetris is more exiting than non stop fishing ... i dont really know what the dev is thinking what is a good and exiting game .... i feel like a labor rat, doing the same over and over to get a reward

M

Muu Bin

i feel like a lab rat, doing the same over and over to get a reward
THIS.

Can anyone say "Pavlov's Dog"?

Time to take a break and try something a bit different for now.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Guess they are not the only ones having bad luck then. Wish ya'll luck too.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THIS.

Can anyone say "Pavlov's Dog"?

Time to take a break and try something a bit different for now.

*blank stare*
:drool:

*shakes head awake* What, you want me to tame you a dog? :D

Neither my guildmate nor I have received anything for it either (over 100 quests a piece).

Stayin Alive,

BG

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Seriously, I don't even see them for sale!

Come on developers--up the odds a little...or check the code please.....

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
*goes off to watch for the "Oops we fogot to activate it" message* :lol:

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Our conglomerate has as had NO luck

and they better not be broken, all the effore MANY of us have put in for nothing is sad.

AND THEY BETTER PRODUCE SOME SERIOUS **** FOR LOOT.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have done only 32 quests the last week but still havn't gotten a 120 scroll or an oracle yet. I'm so bored of this ...

Frodo Baggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really 32 quests and you are giving up - there are some of us that are over a 1000 quests without a +20 scroll - if they were that easy to get mongbats would drop +20 swords or archery scrolls as well

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've done about 30 quests since patch, and one of my guildmates has been doing 2 - 3 quests per day since, and neither of us have seen the new items. I've given up, he's far more of a masochist. A shame, the Charybdis was the only part of the new content I was interested in, as the Gargoyle quests were equally grindy and off putting.

Edited to add; of course, it's not just 30 quests overall, but since High Seas went live I must have done about 400 or so. I have had 2 of the 120 powerscrolls, sold one for many millions on Europa and ate the first. I've since got to 120 skill too. It's just my tolerance for months more of grinding out dull, dull attended macroing of the same old fish for theoretical rewards is completely diminished.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have done tons of quests over and over and all i know is this.

one dropped on GL the second day pub was live guy who caught it had 114.9 fishing and it was a 210 pt quest.

other than that it is a wise tail to recieve one.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really 32 quests and you are giving up - there are some of us that are over a 1000 quests without a +20 scroll - if they were that easy to get mongbats would drop +20 swords or archery scrolls as well
Before posting you should actually read the previous posts. Others and me here were referring to the results since the patch. I'm doing fishing quests since day 1 of HS. Thanks for posting.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
one dropped on GL the second day pub was live guy who caught it had 114.9 fishing and it was a 210 pt quest.
Do you have a name at hand? I know several ppl (on GL, too) that would like to only see that oracle to confirm its existence.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I have done only 32 quests the last week but still havn't gotten a 120 scroll or an oracle yet. I'm so bored of this ...

I can understand that mentality. Just to give it some perspective, we all know how rare a drop the 120 is. One of my friends has done enough quests to get 2 120's {and I seem to remember a third}. Yet, still no Oracle. Maybe with all the issues lately with servers something got popped loose and folks will start getting these. It is one hella fight, a bunch of folks hit it on TC1 Friday night, until that shard was lost too.

P

Pandora of Baja

for weeks now i've been doing these quests and nothing but bait and hooks and traps that don't seem to work... one person said they got the bait for the or oracle. my fisher gal is 110.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean unless this guy drops the best items in the game (which I would be a million gold he does not) then he is just way way way way way too hard to summon.

The whole reward system for the fishing quests is pretty ridiculous, especially for such a tedious task.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Agreed. Sad thing is even after finally getting the Blue Spyglass then you have to contend with whatever drop rate the new boss has. Here's hoping his rate is better than the spyglass it's self.

One thing for sue, you ever get anything decent from him the sky probably gonna be the limit on price of the new arti with the rarity of the spy glass alone.

Fermi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just got this from a six line quest worth 110 points. It is killing me that it is 12:30 at night and I can't get a party together and I m afraid to use this bait alone. I dont know what will happen. This is weird right?

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just got this from a six line quest worth 110 points. It is killing me that it is 12:30 at night and I can't get a party together and I m afraid to use this bait alone. I dont know what will happen. This is weird right?

You need the spyglass...lots of people have gotten the bait...bait alone wont help you. It would be like using Giant Koi bait in Gravewater Lake.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Anyone know what kinda of things Charybdis drops? I know some folks have taken him down on TC1 when the production shards were offline, but never heard what kinda things he drops.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
once again - what did you get it from?

fishing quests or something else?

Y

young

and if u dont mind what dock u got it from and how many fish plz

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What color hat did you have on when you got it?

Sheesh people..