• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Optimum AI/AOE Pet

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With all the different pet combinations out there now, has there been any sort of consensus about what pet / skill combination yields the best AI/AOE pet for handling bigger groups of disparate monsters such as champ spawns?

Is it the Triton simply because it has a greater overall intensity, or is there a better fit with a pet that comes with a natural AoE (Dimetrosaur)?

Several of the AoE effects have a lower mana cost, do they have less damage output or a smaller damage radious?

It seems like some pets have a higher base mana regen than other pets, does this make much difference with fully trained pets with 30 MR?

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
With all the different pet combinations out there now, has there been any sort of consensus about what pet / skill combination yields the best AI/AOE pet for handling bigger groups of disparate monsters such as champ spawns?

Is it the Triton simply because it has a greater overall intensity, or is there a better fit with a pet that comes with a natural AoE (Dimetrosaur)?

Several of the AoE effects have a lower mana cost, do they have less damage output or a smaller damage radious?

It seems like some pets have a higher base mana regen than other pets, does this make much difference with fully trained pets with 30 MR?
Most tamers bring a specific pet for each champ. TBH I find the pet AI to be kind of bad in champ areas, I'm always barking commands to it, and it's targeting doesn't seem to be great. Almost any kind of tamer can mow down spawn with secondary skills. I love necro and sw the most. I have yet to find a pet that "takes command" and handles spawn well, I prefer ai/chiv in most cases to dps the boss. Sorry I couldn't answer all of your questions! Maybe others have better experiences.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That is wrong. Tested and proven inaccurate multiple times in multiple ways.

What you are seeing is either higher (base) intelligence (intelligence is an important part of the mana regen formula) lower ability cost or a pet that doesn't use abilities as frequently as others.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is wrong. Tested and proven inaccurate multiple times in multiple ways.

What you are seeing is either higher (base) intelligence (intelligence is an important part of the mana regen formula) lower ability cost or a pet that doesn't use abilities as frequently as others.
Like I said, it seemed that way, but I haven’t personally done enough testing to tell. Good to know it’s all equal.

dingomate

Seasoned Veteran
I was thinking of building a SW/Goo/Ai triton for spawns.

I'm interested to see what others feel are solid Ai/AoE pets!

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not just use a sampire, or an ABC archer ?
Pets are fun n all, but clear speed at champ spawns is beyond slow compared to the above templates.

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My two favorite combos are (1) a FWW/Goo Cu and (2) a FWW/Bushido LH. The Cu does a little better controlling the spawn, and the LH has better overall damage output.

On a related note, my FWW/Bushido LH has been getting most of my time lately. Love that combo.