• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Opposite thief to reset and login/out at sigils room!

MOSMOS

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear Dev. of UO,

Any possible to avoid a thief reset the sigils by just login and out inside sigils room?

Mos
Formosa

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya have to hold the sig for 10 minutes, so simply logging in in the sig room and taking the sig and logging out wont reset it.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya have to hold the sig for 10 minutes, so simply logging in in the sig room and taking the sig and logging out wont reset it.
Hi Poo, basically what he meant is, a thief logged off inside other faction sigil room (such as TB), then they steal the sigil, and hold it for 15 to 20mins and log off in the sigil room again. So in the progress, it is resetted and no one would've know it unless they really stand at the sigil room for 10 hours straight to notice the happening of this.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
thats as intended.

whats the difference between walking in and stealing and logging in and stealing.
like you said either way your not there to see it.

only time this would matter is if you where too seal off the base with some ass clown means like smashed boxes full or candles or something.

if thats the case then why should the thief log in base.
one cheap move deserves another, no?

faction pvpers and faction thiefs will never find a common ground between themselves.
its 2 totally different play styles and totally different reasons for being there.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thats as intended.

whats the difference between walking in and stealing and logging in and stealing.
like you said either way your not there to see it.

only time this would matter is if you where too seal off the base with some ass clown means like smashed boxes full or candles or something.

if thats the case then why should the thief log in base.
one cheap move deserves another, no?

faction pvpers and faction thiefs will never find a common ground between themselves.
its 2 totally different play styles and totally different reasons for being there.
So in your opinion, it is okay to log off thief inside a base and then steal the sigil and log off again?

Its okay, nothing wrong. :)

Everyone should have their own opinion, but again, it doesnt mean you're right though.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
what is the difference between logging in in the base and running into the base.
either way you need to hold the sigils for 20 minutes to reset them.
either you can steal and stand there for 20 minutes, or you can run in, steal the sig and run out and hide out somewhere for the 20 minutes to reset it.

there isnt a difference from what i can see.

unless we are talking about what i said above, that you are trying to block off the base.
and there for the thief who logs off in your base foils that defence.

but finding a thief in the bases we have now is just a matter of casting a couple EQs, with the exception of course with TB.
thats where having a tracking/detect hidden guy comes in handy.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what is the difference between logging in in the base and running into the base.
either way you need to hold the sigils for 20 minutes to reset them.
either you can steal and stand there for 20 minutes, or you can run in, steal the sig and run out and hide out somewhere for the 20 minutes to reset it.

there isnt a difference from what i can see.

unless we are talking about what i said above, that you are trying to block off the base.
and there for the thief who logs off in your base foils that defence.

but finding a thief in the bases we have now is just a matter of casting a couple EQs, with the exception of course with TB.
thats where having a tracking/detect hidden guy comes in handy.
That's the problem in TB base. Once the thief got the sigil, it's nearly impossible to spot him even having 1 or 2 tracking/detect.

The point is, it is totally wrong thinking for me, that logging off in enemy base and steal the sigil right away without any defence going on.

Of course, it would be the same if there is no defence at all.

But I am speaking that, if we are defending at the bridge of the base, some thief just log off and say thank you, that isn't really working as intended and should be called a cheap arse tactics.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
pull back your defense to the sigil room doors.
that way you can see him pop out to steal.

many people would probably say that doing a defense at the bridge is a cheap arse tactic.
traps, bagballs, candelabras, fields, detectors.

i know the thief would say that at least, haha

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand why defend on the bridge, your prize is in the Sigil Room! Why would you leave that area unprotected???
Seal off the sigil room and place a stealth archer in the room to defend it. That way when your enemy pops out to reset the sigil, your defender can hopefully kill the thief...........a thief can not hide as soon as they steal, unless you are using invise items (oh I love thoses!) and any human can track with the joat skill.

There is nothing more thrilling for a thief then to snatch the sigil out from under the opposing faction's nose and reset them :).

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is nothing more thrilling for a thief then to snatch the sigil out from under the opposing faction's nose and reset them :).
This is true. I always had fun running in snagging one hoping to hide or make it out before getting caught. Also remember stealthing into bases as a bunny right past those defending on the SL "bridge" with efields. One of them saying, "OMG I hate that rabbit!"

I remember chugging refreshes right through their defenses and right back out with a sigil as someone says "There he goes again!"

It never mattered if you put a good thief in stats, they still kept coming back for your sigils.

Sadly there aren't many left that have had the chance to experience the huge base fights or play a thief trying to not get killed by the 10 people around you.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i think the OP is getting tactics of faction play confused with what he thinks is a game mechanic problem.

there is no problem with being able to log in the sig room.
its a tactic.