• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Open doors - wondering how this is done....

G

I've seen several houses with either one or both front doors invitingly opened (permanently) and do not know how this is done. Anyone? It is a really nice touch.

Oh, and I also saw a house with a spinning wheel constantly animated, without any players present. This looked very nice indeed, and this, too, I'd like to learn to do.

G

I don't know about the spinning wheel, but the open doors are just from using different doors. IE instead of a south facing door use an east facing one, etc.

G

Thank you! That makes perfect sense. lol Here I was, thinking there was some secret trick to propping open the doors.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I've seen several houses with either one or both front doors invitingly opened (permanently) and do not know how this is done. Anyone? It is a really nice touch.

Oh, and I also saw a house with a spinning wheel constantly animated, without any players present. This looked very nice indeed, and this, too, I'd like to learn to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't heard of any animated spinning wheel add-on. Is it possible that the house owner was simply hidden and running a macro to spin a huge pile of wool or cotton? I do this sometimes, and keep 3 spinning wheels in constant motion for 15 minutes or so before I get completely bored and move on to something else. I do those types of activities on Siege hidden often because we have bored PKers who enjoy releasing nature's furies and casting fields into houses to kill people inside, and usually the victim ends up being one of my idiot pack animals, as they rush off to "handle" the attacker on my behalf (yeah right, llama brain!) but end up committing suicide, which is highly annoying. The new pet AI has pretty much eliminated this, though - my packies stay put next to me now!

There is no particular reason to do house chores hidden in Trammel though, unless the person just wants to be undisturbed for a while but not seem rude...or is macroing unattended (naughty!).

-Skylark

I

imported_blissmarie

Hi -
I keep castle doors open with a barkeep. Place a barkeep in the spot right behind the door and it will stay open.

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my keep i have a constantly 'spinning' spinning wheel ... it was brand new when i placed it, and shortly there after a friend went to use it for the first time ... and it just never stopped spinning after that first use .... it has to of been almost 2 years now it's been spinnin' away ...

why and/or how?
i have no clue ...

but it's always nice to come home to ;-)

G

<blockquote><hr>

In my keep i have a constantly 'spinning' spinning wheel ... it was brand new when i placed it, and shortly there after a friend went to use it for the first time ... and it just never stopped spinning after that first use .... it has to of been almost 2 years now it's been spinnin' away ...

why and/or how?
i have no clue ...

but it's always nice to come home to ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Xanth's house is evil &amp; haunted!

I think we can safely conclude that all of your shard's problems since you placed that spinning wheel, are your fault.

-Skylark

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Xanth's house is evil &amp; haunted!

I think we can safely conclude that all of your shard's problems since you placed that spinning wheel, are your fault.

-Skylark

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooh yeah .... that makes sense actually ... guess i forgot to mention i greased the whole thing with a special blackrock infused oil mixture ...

hrm ... oops ...oO

sorry baja ;-) i will take credit for all lag between ice and wrong

;-)

G

Greatfellow

"...my idiot pack animals, as they rush off to "handle" the attacker on my behalf (yeah right, llama brain!) but end up committing suicide,..."

LOL. I spit some soup out reading that. Thanks. You owe me a new keyboard. Well, actually, it still works fine. The keys stick, though, to my fingers. Ick. Guess that makes me the llama brain.