• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) OOC: CoD(+) Arrest & Capture Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Min

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
"You're a vampire!" BOOM. We're in Trammel rulesets for a reason... if you want to be randomly attacked for little to no reason then you are trying to force Felucca rulesets on us. How is that not bullying?
There's more to the story than that. The situation isn't that simple,and you know it.

Va'lis and Mitre have had a long standing mutual dislike, that escalated recently with this: Lessons Learned

Va'lis is engaged in a personal war against the Rangers, even murdering a few. It's common knowledge that Merida is his adopted daughter, so the Rangers put pressure on her. The other person in Merida's office drew a weapon, he was attacked as well. The King is absent, so governors everywhere have been trying to kill or arrest one other (Fact: Cas, Gillian, Penrose, Guy, and Dezera). The world is in chaos. War is everywhere, with alliances changing every day.

Did I miss any facts?

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's more to the story than that. The situation isn't that simple,and you know it.

Va'lis and Mitre have had a long standing mutual dislike, that escalated recently with this: Lessons Learned

Va'lis is engaged in a personal war against the Rangers, even murdering a few. It's common knowledge that Merida is his adopted daughter, so the Rangers put pressure on her. The other person in Merida's office drew a weapon, he was attacked as well. The King is absent, so governors everywhere have been trying to kill or arrest one other (Fact: Cas, Gillian, Penrose, Guy, and Dezera). The world is in chaos. War is everywhere, with alliances changing every day.

Did I miss any facts?
Minalan, you're being unfair. Forty five minutes of threats and discussion leading up to a fight is clearly not a reasonable amount of time for someone to figure out how to react. And I was in the wrong for having Mitre know that Merida was a vampire. Just because the character goes around outing CoD as vampires to everyone doesn't mean our characters have to "listen." We choose how to play them.

Bottom line -- Pandy says we can't know, so we can't know. Respect that.

Jolicia

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bottom line -- Pandy says we can't know, so we can't know. Respect that.
I was going to write a long rant and then changed my mind. All that needs to be said is: BULL$H!T

If you can't handle the consequences of your characters... state being found out, then play something else or do a better job of hiding said state.

Last edited:

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cannot for the life of me understand why some folks do not enjoy both the peaceful and conflict of RP. Back some years ago as many of the old players drifted away RP became little more than endless nights of sitting in taverns. Many times those in the taverns never spoke a word. I am assuming now that they were all texting threats on their i-phones. If anyone dared to come into a tavern night event and start a fight, say a band of stinking marauding pirates looking to get drunk and act like, oh let's say pirates, all hell would break loose in ooc and any chance of fun RP went out the window.

RP without risk or consequences is a rather boring thing, and has driven more players to other games than a bad update. We highlight to allow and encourage free running plots where at any time you may meet a foe bent on destroying you, or end up in a fist fight following a long night of drinking. If you play a character on the fringe of societal laws, then expect to be pursued by the forces of goodness and sweetness and niceness.

It is far easier to sit within your guarded, warded walls and forbid fully any act that may make you feel your character has been demeaned. But it is far more fun to throw open the doors, and step out into the world of role play and face what may come and have some fun.

I love and respect you Pandy but you and I have an ongoing dispute about Pandora's true self since the day you walked up to Aedon in Aegis and said out loud "greetings, I am Lady Pandora, leader of an ancient race of friendly vampires." You claim it was all ooc at the time, even when I told you that in public areas, Aedon is always ic. He has never used that information to hunt you down or torment you, but once known it cannot be unknown. There is no rewind on RP.

Can we just have fun please?

Min

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I was just reading through this earlier, and I had another funny thought.

No EM in his or her right mind is going to want to RP with us on this shard...;)

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was just reading through this earlier, and I had another funny thought.

No EM in his or her right mind is going to want to RP with us on this shard...;)
If they aren't going to log on and to sign an RBG warrant every time someone wants to make an RP arrest, then what good are they?!!! Any new EM must learn to respect Pandy's rules.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I cannot for the life of me understand why some folks do not enjoy both the peaceful and conflict of RP. Back some years ago as many of the old players drifted away RP became little more than endless nights of sitting in taverns. Many times those in the taverns never spoke a word. I am assuming now that they were all texting threats on their i-phones. If anyone dared to come into a tavern night event and start a fight, say a band of stinking marauding pirates looking to get drunk and act like, oh let's say pirates, all hell would break loose in ooc and any chance of fun RP went out the window.

RP without risk or consequences is a rather boring thing, and has driven more players to other games than a bad update. We highlight to allow and encourage free running plots where at any time you may meet a foe bent on destroying you, or end up in a fist fight following a long night of drinking. If you play a character on the fringe of societal laws, then expect to be pursued by the forces of goodness and sweetness and niceness.

It is far easier to sit within your guarded, warded walls and forbid fully any act that may make you feel your character has been demeaned. But it is far more fun to throw open the doors, and step out into the world of role play and face what may come and have some fun.

I love and respect you Pandy but you and I have an ongoing dispute about Pandora's true self since the day you walked up to Aedon in Aegis and said out loud "greetings, I am Lady Pandora, leader of an ancient race of friendly vampires." You claim it was all ooc at the time, even when I told you that in public areas, Aedon is always ic. He has never used that information to hunt you down or torment you, but once known it cannot be unknown. There is no rewind on RP.

Can we just have fun please?
If Pandy didn't care about the history of RP conflict, then why did she impersonate the Shadow Clan Orcs in General Chat and imply they'd come back if she won the Britain election that term?! Huh?!

Aedon I'm not trying to bully you here but if you don't change your attitude you might end up as an unflattering portrayal in the next James Patterson novel. Right, Sue?

Sue?

Sue?

Sue?!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've read through the entire thread, and although I'm not completely up to date on what this argument is about this thread seems to have lost any productivity that it once may have had.

Everyone, please remember not to insult others in your posts. I get that you all have RP differences and that's fine, but regardless of what may have happened in game insulting each other on the forum is not going to fix the problems. If anyone wants to continue the discussion about this please take it to PM's.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.