• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OOC: Catskills RP Information Central

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thinking, and was talking to Tobias about this, about having another OOC RP'ers Round Table to see about possibly revisiting the ROE's a bit. So that may be in the works. :)

Dramora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thinking, and was talking to Tobias about this, about having another OOC RP'ers Round Table to see about possibly revisiting the ROE's a bit. So that may be in the works. :)
Forgive me, but why?

The last "OOC round table" about the ROE I attended, AGES ago, left everyone very unhappy and not agreeing on anything. So what's the point?

Rule 1 - Always be in character
Rule 2 - Don't loot EVER
Rule 3 - Interaction before attack, if possible

What more do we need?

Dramora
Guardian of Virtue
GV

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see no reason to have another meeting about RoE. What we already have is sufficient, and there have been no issues that I know of. And no offense Pandora but... You guys don't really rpvp anyway do you? I mean outside your own group who should all be following your rules anyway.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Forgive me, but why?

The last "OOC round table" about the ROE I attended, AGES ago, left everyone very unhappy and not agreeing on anything. So what's the point?

Rule 1 - Always be in character
Rule 2 - Don't loot EVER
Rule 3 - Interaction before attack, if possible

What more do we need?

Dramora
Guardian of Virtue
GV
Add to that the 30 minute death rule and that pretty much sums up the rules we go by in the rangers.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Add to that the 30 minute death rule and that pretty much sums up the rules we go by in the rangers.
From what I have seen, mostly people are being arrested or taken away rather than following the 30 min "ghost" rule. I cannot remember a time I've seen a "ghost" around.

I see no reason to have another meeting about RoE. What we already have is sufficient, and there have been no issues that I know of. And no offense Pandora but... You guys don't really rpvp anyway do you? I mean outside your own group who should all be following your rules anyway.
And there have been some folks that have complained to me about faction (now VvV) items --- mostly that they are excluded. They wish to be able to use them and long ago many folks were not on board with that. And others have complained about the 4 slot tamer rules, they want that to be less, down to 2. And none of those folks are in my guilds. They reach out to me as the original poster of this thread.

Just because I do not openly war certain guilds, doesn't mean I do not war other guilds, I certainly have and do with guilds that are evil aligned that have taken action against us directly or against an ally as we are neutral/good.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well maybe things would be different if these people that are complaining to you would take it to their GM and that GM would take it up with the GM of the guild in question instead of taking it outside. One of our original rules was to let the GM's handle conflicts. But none of the GM's I am in contact with have said anything about any of these issues that you are bringing up.

Dramora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was the stupid OOC crap that chased us all away the first time!

We are all just having fun right now. Let's just RP and not worry so much about winning or losing, or who has what or is doing what.

I know, I plan on dying often to the Hand, and with any luck, I might even take a few of them with me. And honestly, I don't care, as long as it furthers the story.

If I have an issue with something someone has done, or is using, I will take it up with their GM.

Dramora
Mistress of Virtue
GV

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I have seen, mostly people are being arrested or taken away rather than following the 30 min "ghost" rule. I cannot remember a time I've seen a "ghost" around.
Well, the way we (the rangers) typically employ the rule is, if you die, your character has become "injured" to some extent (the degree of which usually determined by the player), and for the next 30 minutes they cannot fight, which can in some cases leave them open to capture or arrest.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, the way we (the rangers) typically employ the rule is, if you die, your character has become "injured" to some extent (the degree of which usually determined by the player), and for the next 30 minutes they cannot fight, which can in some cases leave them open to capture or arrest.

So you see, various people interpret things differently.

Omen Tailamont

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The Hand are the same way. If a Hand member is downed and there is no follow in RP, they should most times leave the area- usually for the night.

Kragor Lars

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I agree there is no need to revisit the ROE use common sense and lets have fun. If I die I stay out of the fight for the duration of the fight and keep my deathrobe on for 30 minutes. If I kill another player I will gladly res them so they can get their stuff from their body.

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Yup, Same rules here. And I die constantly. I'm a fan of my deathrobe! And I agree with previous posts... Just use common sense. We all mostly play the same way. Don't throw a hissy fit, and if you need to you throw said hissy fit to your gm only.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you see, various people interpret things differently.
And that's perfectly fine, but I don't understand what you're driving at. How is what we are doing obstructing or in conflict with your preferred method?

Eldaern Mallorn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
All and any conflicts between The Rangers and The Hand have been dealt with in my opinion with a friendly manner. That being said, "attempts" have been made to arrest members (by my character) and like decent RPers we RPed the scenario out. I see nothing wrong with the current situation with both ROEs and Players. Keep in mind to experience these issues one should perhaps involve themselves in it.

Please remember this is a game, where we are all trying to have fun, maintaining a friendly atmosphere should be key. If anyone does experience an issue where the game or the style of play or rules interrupt their fun -- your GM should be notified, that is why that rank exists.

For now I suggest we focus on the important things (bringing Eldaern a fresh supply of moonshine.) The development of stories, events and Role-play. With the coming of "The Hand" I predict the community will prosper, we but need to let it happen. ROEs have been established and if the majority of people see nothing wrong with them -- perhaps it is best not to fix something that is not broken.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it aint broke don't fix it.
Exactly, Though I would like consideration if you notice someone abruptly stop moving in the middle of the fight they probably DC'd, this has been happening to me, if this happens I'd like to ask just stop attacking and treat it as a retreat. Meaning they wont rejoin the battle when the get back but they also don't have to worry about not being able to pick up there body. I'm not saying make more rule but make it a consideration of something you can do to save other players a hassle.

I only bring this up because Charter for me lately has decided they were going to stop working in intervals between 7-11pm CST lol

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just love how people keep posting that "what we have now is just fine.... BUT....+ this, + that " lol

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ROEs have been established and if the majority of people see nothing wrong with them -- perhaps it is best not to fix something that is not broken.
And what exactly are the ROE's? Because everyone in this thread past my original post has added or subtracted from what was originally posted. Just in the last few days, people have been like "and include this... and include that"... sooooo... tell me what are the current "not broken" ROE's?

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pandy, you read our ROE a long time ago. Since it was written, it has had little modification.

Respect others
Some interaction with each other before attacking when possible.
Death robe for 30 mins on death or leave area.
No returning to the battle immediately even on an alt.
Do not loot
Stay in Character.

They are simple rules that has always served us well.
I will also say that if I think a person I am fighting is lagging out, and about to crash, I go after someone else. It is not a rule, just something I do.

Last edited:

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also some facts of life, nothing to do with the ROE

1. Tamers use pets, some may eat you.

2. Assassins my pop out and kill you.

3. Evil dudes are Evil. (Do not invite them to Tea)

4. If you go for a cup of coffee in the middle of a fight, you may come back dead.

5. As stated by Eldaern above, we are all here to have fun. Can we try not to over complicate things and do that? Highlight the other guilds Pandy and join in the fun.

Sunseri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I would like to add my two cent's here. RoE as I know it, is just fine. Only the equal and fair application of said rules are lacking from time to time. As someone that is in DNM and doesn't highlight to any other roleplayer, I feel that I am free to set up my own RoE. It reads as follows:

• I am freely loot-able, arrest-able, and capture-able if found and killed (injured) in Felucca. I will begin to run the city trades solely in Fel and I always start in Minoc, Julie's home town.
  • I will never attempt to god-mode my character or my house in any way. Julie is simply a teenage runaway that has been very fortunate in finding a way to earn her way in Sosaria and now owns a nice home in Homare-jima.
  • As I understand it, there are vampire characters in Sosaria, and I welcome any interaction from those that play them. Two rules: I will not allow Julie to be killed off or turned. Everything else is on the table.
  • Pertaining to looting my character if/when Julie is knocked out. I will start having a brightly colored bagball in my pack with 10k-15k gold, large and small gems, and other trinkets. Included in the bagball will be a rune to my home and it will count as a key to the front door.
Anyone wishing to play and isn't afraid of the Felucca ruleset, I'll be looking for you there.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just love how people keep posting that "what we have now is just fine.... BUT....+ this, + that " lol
Gonna assume you mean me, since I'm the only one who has said "But" that I've seen.

I said that because it's awfully inconvenient to come back to a corpse from DC, that being said Obviously you can't add something like not killing someone that DC'd in the middle of a fight to a list of offenses which is what an RoE is. But as a player you can consider that if it happens to someone you are fighting that you can stop.

The RoE is a list of items that if you do or do not do action is taken outside of game in the form of talks, removal from guild, or unwarring said guild (Something I know you have a lot of experience doing).

As for what RoE is, it is common sense actions that a community takes to secure that every player in it is treated fairly and can continue playing without being griefed. Anyone thinking it must be a long drawn out document that has to be amended or brought up whenever a new guild arrives obviously doesn't understand the concept.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
RoE of Me:
1.Don't be a prick
2.Don't be a prick
3.Don't be a prick
4.Give warning of attack, unless you're a sneaky type and then do what sneaky types do. Bad assassins warn their marks that they are about to get stabbed. Bad assassins end up dead assassins.
5.Don't be a prick
6.Respect others RP as id like to be respected.
7.See 1-3
8.See 7
9.Dont loot unless you know they have something set up before hand (taking from the above idea, all of my chars will begin having a BRIGHT YELLOW bag that is lootable by evil people or good people that kill them. The lootable bags will be on Levi, Va'lis, Esidor)
10. Stay IC (I will only call you a 1337 d3wd in party)
11. Dont use OOC knowledge IC. Refer back to Don't be a prick.
12.Have fun
13.Don't be a prick
14. Dice fall as they may. If you beat me you can take me hostage, torture, whatever.
15.I died in a clearly not duel situation between training buddies? Well, im helpless for 30 minutes. GREY ROBE POWER, ACTIVATE!
16.Whistle a merry tune as I attempt to murderize my target. Current fan favorite is "Why Can't We Be Friends"
17.Don't be a prick

Callista

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My very personal and unbiased opinion on rpvp is and will always be that I SUCK at it. Therefore, at all cost, I either avoid it if at all possible, hope my guildies are there to protect me, or end up in a death suit and at the same time I LOVE it. I think most of the role playing and pvp I have witnessed has been fine then again someone is always going to fuss.... If someone comes up to your character (remember most interact first unless its an assassin) and they are acting in a suspicious manner, you ALWAYS have the right to recall away. It literally takes two seconds to open up a book and hit a spell. I have been a loyal member of PGOH since I started role playing, and yes, my character gets her tail whipped on a regular basis, but that's my fault for not having my characters trained and up to speed. Not the person who was able to beat my character.

I also try to keep everything I have important insured to me. If I lose something valuable in a fight I would hope anyone warred would be nice enough to hand it back over. For the most part, I know EVERYONE and am not afraid of anyone stealing anything. I would much rather be dropped in a real pvp fight any day rather than have someone GOD MOD beating my character.

*slips back into her little hidey hole*

Daemon McCrowley

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Is there somewhere I can read about what is "God Mod", I mean i get the jist of that, I know that our toons are all pretty well suited up, so I want to make sure that none of our items are "illegal" I dont use vvv items, but I thought it better to ask now than end up in a battle with someone mad at me for something I didnt even know.

Thanks to all who reply, and please feel free to add me to your icq.

Best

Daemon's Player

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there somewhere I can read about what is "God Mod", I mean i get the jist of that, I know that our toons are all pretty well suited up, so I want to make sure that none of our items are "illegal" I dont use vvv items, but I thought it better to ask now than end up in a battle with someone mad at me for something I didnt even know.

Thanks to all who reply, and please feel free to add me to your icq.

Best

Daemon's Player
I don't really use the term myself, but my understanding is it has less to do with equipment or skills, and more to do with one's approach to role-playing. Examples I can think of include bringing in OOC information or super power emotes or ignoring consequences, all with the OOC intention that your character "wins" and is "the best" at everything.

I can only speak for my guild (The Rangers of Spiritwood) but we don't really care what equipment someone uses against us, VvV included.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
God Modding doesn't necessarily refer to gear - and as far as I and many of us are concerned, please feel free to wear whatever armor/weapons you prefer - but if I had to pin down a definition for it, I'd describe it as roleplaying one's character in a way that gives the character an unreasonable, unrealistic (unrealistic in the context of a fantasy world) or arguably unfair advantage. A simple example would be having your character know things he wouldn't reasonably be able to know, but truthfully much of what could be considered god-modding is circumstantial and based on the multitude of varying understandings between different groups. Honestly, I wouldn't even worry about it.