• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

One Question

S

Syfka

When are the people with the greater dragons going to realize that others CAN'T open a door, chest, corpse, etc with the dragons standing on top of it? I'm not saying that all people with greater dragons are this way but seriously it is a huge pain in the butt when you help someone kill something and then you cant loot it because a huge dragon butt is in the way. Thats all im saying.

K

Kiminality

Object handles.

When are people with swamp dragons going to realise that you can't drop things onto an NPC with a giant multiped pickle standing in the way.
The list could go on...

S

Syfka

Object handles.

When are people with swamp dragons going to realise that you can't drop things onto an NPC with a giant multiped pickle standing in the way.
The list could go on...
I agree with you the list could and dose go on and on and on. and as far as object handles or ctrl+shift the doors dont show up with ctrl+shift.:twak::cursing:

K

Kiminality

I did think of that, while running the Ethereal Whateveritis...
There's an ingame macro function of "OpenDoor" which I've been using, because daemons are really big, too.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did think of that, while running the Ethereal Whateveritis...
There's an ingame macro function of "OpenDoor" which I've been using, because daemons are really big, too.
Yep, the OpenDoor macro had been a life-save of mine for soo many many years. I always set it to either F5, F7 or Insert depending on which character I was playing.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ctrl + Shift

Have a nice day.
GET YOUR DAMN SUPERDRAGONS OUT OF MY WAY SO I DON'T HAVE TO PRESS CTRL + SHIFT AND CLICK THROUGH ALL THE CRAP JUST TO FIND STUFF. HAVE A NICE DAY.

You damn tamers think you're so great. Try actually fighting for a change. Pathetic.

K

Kiminality

I always just ctrl+shift anyway, even when I can see the corpse.
Since double-clicking works anywhere on the handle that comes up, whereas it doesn't always work everywhere on a corpse. Plus, you can right-click a handle to get rid of it, which you can't do on a corpse.
Overall, the handles system is more robust than using the corpses directly (with the obvious exception of situations like the Magincia invasion). I'm not going to claim it doesn't happen, or that it's inconceivable that it does, but I tend to wonder why people don't use handles.

That's a pretty weak attack on tamers, too...

P

Parson

It does tend to get annoying when you wear your index finger out clicking away at all those bars.

K

Kiminality

I use my middle finger to right-click.

Although, in KR, you can filter handles.

S

Syfka

It does tend to get annoying when you wear your index finger out clicking away at all those bars.
This is so true it is annoying and and in regards to the following statement "I use my middle finger to right-click.
Although, in KR, you can filter handles." not everyone uses KR and i could make a list of reasons as to why myself and others do not thank you very much

K

Kiminality

This is so true it is annoying and and in regards to the following statement "I use my middle finger to right-click.
Although, in KR, you can filter handles." not everyone uses KR and i could make a list of reasons as to why myself and others do not thank you very much
That's your [gaily coloured] choice.
Just pointing out that there are alternatives, and you're choosing to complain, rather than dealing with it.

Ultimately, nothing's going to change.
The tamers won't draw their dragons away, for your convenience, because you ranted about it.
Hell, they wouldn't do it if you asked nicely.

S

Syfka

That's your [gaily coloured] choice.
Just pointing out that there are alternatives, and you're choosing to complain, rather than dealing with it.

Ultimately, nothing's going to change.
The tamers won't draw their dragons away, for your convenience, because you ranted about it.
Hell, they wouldn't do it if you asked nicely.
The title of the page is called "Spiels N Rants" thats what it is for is to bi*** about stupid stuff or do you not realize this?

P

Parson

KR sucks! It was made for the 3D whiners and only about 10% of the people play it and out of that only about 10% of them actually play it all the time. The other 90% use it to craft items.

K

Kiminality

The title of the page is called "Spiels N Rants" thats what it is for is to bi*** about stupid stuff or do you not realize this?
I didn't suggest, for a moment, that this wasn't the right place for it.
However, you should be willing to accept the criticism your pancakes will attract.
You might say, I'm pancakes about people who won't solve their own problems, and instead choose to whine about it on the internet.

KR sucks! It was made for the 3D whiners and only about 10% of the people play it and out of that only about 10% of them actually play it all the time. The other 90% use it to craft items.
:link:
You have any proof for your numbers?
Or is it just more of the same ****, spawned from the keyboards of "stuck record" malcontents?

S

Salty Pete

There are two topics here so I'll address both...

Tamers... The pets standing in the way have never bothered me. The pets move eventually so there really isn't anything to complain about. If you are truly that impatient figure out a way around the problem.

The new client... KR looks like **** that's why I personally don't use it. The 2D client has that old school super nintendo look to it that gives me a nice nostalgic glow as I play.

P

Parson

I am in 2 different guilds and both have over 75 in each guild. Out of the 2 guilds only 9 people play KR and out of the 9 only 2 play it all the time. The other 7 only use it for crafting purposes.

K

Kiminality

I am in 2 different guilds and both have over 75 in each guild. Out of the 2 guilds only 9 people play KR and out of the 9 only 2 play it all the time. The other 7 only use it for crafting purposes.
O... K...
I'm guessing you're not familiar with the idea of a representative sample?

I'll assume that you mean 75 different players in each guild, for a total of 150.
Let's say 200, because a larger number favours you, and it'll be easier to do calculations in my head with a multiple of 100

Now, mmogchart seems to suggest UO has slightly over 75,000 active subscriptions. Let's round that up to 80,000, again, for ease of calculation.
Another assumption, that the average person has 2 active subscriptions. some have more, but many only play with a single account.

So, 200 players out of a total of 40,000 makes a tidy little 0.5%

Now, to add a little more perspective...
Guilds are social groups.
Social groups tend to form around an ideal, or activity, and as such attract a limited cross-section of the whole; those with similar interests. In essence, it will not attract people who are not interested in what the guild stands for.
So, your 0.5% of the total player-base, is not only small, but also will not cover the possible range of play-styles and personal biases.

P

Parson

Less than 0.5% works for the television networks (about 5000 households determine what you watch) and the Gallop polls. It also works here as well.

K

Kiminality

Less than 0.5% works for the television networks (about 5000 households determine what you watch) and the Gallop polls. It also works here as well.
Ok...
When you looked up that stuff, did you bother to read up on how they select the people that participate?

That's the fundamental point... So, I'll try and illustrate it...
If you ask PKs what is bad for the game, they'll likely say Trammel.
If you ask a crafter what's bad for the game, they'll likely say resource randomisation.
If you ask a merchant what's bad for the game, they'll likely say duping.
If you ask any group of people, who are united with common interests, a question. They'll generally answer it differently to those united with a different interest.
So, you need to ask different people, with different backgrounds and interests, so as to avoid biased results.

The smaller the sample size, unless you're deliberately selecting people with different backgrounds and interests, the more likely your sample will be subject to bias.

So, to your "It also works here as well"...
No, it doesn't.

In your credit, though.
I don't believe you're deliberately biasing your sample, in order to get results to support your own opinions.
I could name a handful that would.
I believe you genuinely don't realise the problems with your sample.

Incidentally, I don't entirely disagree with the "few people use KR" point of view, either.
What I do disagree with is the presentation of weak or biased evidence, to support an argument.

P

Parson

And so you are trying to insinuate that I'm stupid? I'm not long winded, I get to the point. Details bore most people. My stats are true. And who is to say it doesn't work here?

A

Atlantian

I also play in a large guild and not a one of my guild mates play KR. And about the tamers. Their large pets can be annoying at times. But I like them on peerless runs.

K

Kiminality

And so you are trying to insinuate that I'm stupid? I'm not long winded, I get to the point. Details bore most people. My stats are true. And who is to say it doesn't work here?
If I wanted to convey that I thought you were stupid, then I would have said so.
In fact, what I was trying to insinuate, is that maybe statistics is not your strong suit.

If it was, you'd be either:
A.) Agreeing with me.
B.) Correcting my analysis of your statistics.
Instead, you are:
C.) Going all defensive, and kicked-puppy on me.

I never said your stats weren't "true".
What I said was that your sample was "not representative of the playerbase as a whole".
There is a rather stark difference, that I see you're missing here.

R

RenaLynne

LOL I have a tamer and also a greater dragon, I STILL think it is annoying when its my own drag!:D What are you gonna do though? UO created dragons, not tamers, and you're honestly going to tell me that if you had a tamer you wouldnt own the lastest and greatest pet?;)

A

Atlantian

LOL I have a tamer and also a greater dragon, I STILL think it is annoying when its my own drag!:D What are you gonna do though? UO created dragons, not tamers, and you're honestly going to tell me that if you had a tamer you wouldnt own the lastest and greatest pet?;)
Agreed and I'm working my tamer up so I can get one.

P

Parson

I play with a few tamers and they park their dragons outside of buildings/houses which is great. But these players that take their dragons with them and park them right on top of the doors are just rude.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometimes I only have one hand to play with so using ctrl shift isn't always an option.

I don't dislike tamers at all. If it weren't for tamers I would die a lot more trying to fight melissa. On my mage I couldn't fight her at all without them there.

I do find it annoying when pets stand on the corpse but I also find it annoying when people will put their characters on top of corpses and the turn in guys.

S

Syfka

"I do find it annoying when pets stand on the corpse but I also find it annoying when people will put their characters on top of corpses and the turn in guys."
I agree with you, this is very annoying and im glad to see some people who can actually stay on topic.:thumbsup:

A

Atlantian

I do find it annoying when pets stand on the corpse but I also find it annoying when people will put their characters on top of corpses and the turn in guys.

That's annoying as well.