• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] One Key Imbuing Macro

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't seen a guide yet on how to make a 1 key Imbuing macro. At first it can seem daunting with the number of clicks involved to imbue one time. However UOAssist can make the process almost effortless.

First you need UOAssist.

1) Start recording a macro.
2) Activate imbuing skill.
3) Press "imbue item" button.
5) Target the item you want to imbue.
6) Select property you wish to imbue.
7) Select the intensity to imbue (if necessary).
8) Press "yes" to imbue the item.
9) Whether or not the imbuing was successful, press "Unravel item".
10) Target the exact same item that you had just attempted to imbue.
11) Stop recording the macro.
12) Select the 2 target lines in your macro, right click and select "target item type".

Warning: UOAssist will not discriminate items you intend to imbue from ones you do not. So do not have any good items (for example a leather cap) in your backpack or it will likely be unraveled.

Your macro is now setup. Upon pressing play or one hot key, it will go through the entire imbuing process. You will need to re-record this macro every time you want to make things more difficult. Remember you want to stay within 50-60% success change. Do not go lower than 50% because there is no gains on failures. Make sure you check the success chance every 2-3 points of skill gain or when you seem to succeed too often.

Also, the imbuing menu must be closed before you start the macro.

Also, also: this will only work with non-magic crafted items. If you try this with runic crafted items, you will lose them whether you succeed in imbuing or not.

Also, also, also: I am starting to post the imbuing training guide on UOGuide.

www.uoguide.com/Imbuing

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am getting "Target Type Failed, Target Not Found" with this...

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hah, your macro was an exact duplicate of mine!

To add, you can do this a few times in the same macro. You do not need to add in any pauses. I was doing one macro to make five butcher knives, then a second macro to try to imbue then unravel, 5 times in a row. I'd hit the first macro when I had less than 5 knives to make more. BTW skill gain was quick enough that I had to remake the macro several times before I stopped using that method of imbuing. Its actually a fast gaining skill, it is just very resource dependent.

Probably the nicest thing about having a UOA macro to do this is when you would want to imbue something with 19 luck (20 uses 2 gems) to get it to 50ish success rate. Click, click, click, click...eek! I wish there was a text entry box, like there is for crafting menus now as a "make this number" - also an awesome addition for crafters. I'm really looking forward to filling bods and doing ML quests (and trying out the quest item button.) :thumbsup:

G

guum

Haven't tried this yet, but I have a feeling it'll work, and it's a clever way to go about it. Thanks a ton.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Cries because he read this after training imbuing to 100.5 by hand with no macros at all*

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is great while your only imbuing 1 property.. but any ideas on how to set up a macro when you get to the point where you need to imbue 2 or more?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would assume you can imbue multiple properties. Instead of immediately unraveling the item, imbue a second property. Or you can make seperate macros. One to imbue the first property, one to imbue the second and one to unravel.

G

guum

Works like a charm, and if you go for properties that are around 65% chance of success, you will recover materials faster than you can use them.

Thanks a bunch.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If that is true then maybe 60-70 would be a better range to train in. Everyone has been telling me 50-60.

G

guum

If that is true then maybe 60-70 would be a better range to train in. Everyone has been telling me 50-60.
Depends on whether you want to go faster or use fewer resources. I'm sure the gains are faster if you train at around 50, but I'm almost out of residue, so this is much better for me at this point.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Early on when I could make then imbue my own items (I did tinkered butchers knives) the make/imbue/unravel model worked great for recovering resources. If I felt like I was getting low I would do something in the 60's to recoup. Later on in the late 60's/early 70's I didn't think to do the samurai plate trick (making it adds mage armor which has a better weight than damage increase I think?) but anyways, I was at that point T hunting to get bags and bags of stuff (I looted everything).

I would go through the bags and try to imbue and end up unraveling most stuff, but if it was in range I would try to get closer. Like something that is in the 65% chance I could up the percentage I was imbuing to get it closer to 50 (business as usual), however for something that was too low (say 30% or so) for whatever random property I picked to check percentages, I would look at the item and then pick one of the properties it already had on it. Then I would try to imbue that property (well as long as it wasn't a pricey one like lower mana cost or something) and see what percentage it would give.

Because I would have to fiddle with items on a pieces by piece basis this way it would take much longer to get chances to imbue, so I switched to trying to imbue each item 10 times. That also cut down majorly on my resource returns, so I'd end up unraveling every other bag or so to get stuff back. So more T hunting etc.

Somewhere in the 80's I realized that I could imbue wands, and that they were really consistent based on what level mage weapon they were. -29 was the easiest to imbue and -21 the hardest. So at that point I mixed in a heavy amount of picking dungeon chests to get a large supply of wands I would sort as precious items to imbue, since I could do the same routine on all of them. Basically I would do hit XXX area the first time where the chance was around 52% or so and do this till the imbue took. Then I would do a second imbue of XXX resist and this would have the chance around 49-50, just depending on my level at the time and the wand.

I did this because I started to outlevel the wands in the 90's, I was having to use two gems to get the first property on, but that wasn't so bad since they were still consistent.

Right now I'm at 96 and I still have quite a few -23/-24 wands left to push towards GM. They are really great for when you get to be braindead from looking at loot and saying "hrm i can just unravel this five property ring, its too high" or "this crappy tunic is too hard for me? jeez, nightsight is such a big deal?" etc. Trying to eyeball armor and weapons is the worst, at least jewelry I know right off I can toss 1 or 2 property rings/braces in the auto unravel bag.

=====

But I digress! For the tl;dr'ers:

50-68+ made GM daggers/butcher knives/whatever
70ish bit the bullet and checked each item on a case by case basis if it was in range for me to imbue. If it was 30ish% or thereabouts I would try to imbue it with a property it already had in order to make it easier and more in the good range
80ish - started imbuing wands with 1 property
86+ imbued wands with two properties, hit X area around 52% success and then X resist (you can load up on rubies and just do fire but I carried all the gems and mixed up what i did just in case it could help gains)

Hope this helps someone, I just love wands and can get a lot from t chests but especially picking dungeon chests. It seems every other one has a wand in it. Sort them by their -mage skill and do the -29s first then move towards -21s as you progress.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my 90+ macro looked like this
make suneate
imbue 10-15 rpd
imbue 1-2 lrc
unravel

change all the items and targets to type

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've hit 100 Imbuing with this macro. Used about 2,000-3,000 magical residue and countless gems. Worked butcher's knives from 52 all the way to 100. Only imbued hit dispel and luck.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mmmm,

maybe I should try to make a macro Im using so much residues...

But if I understand correct it will be alot of hiting macro key.

Maybe I should make a few last imbue lines also in there.
In that case I can maybe relax abit more instead of hitting macro key every third second something.

Regards
The Scandinavian

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
my 90+ macro looked like this
make suneate
imbue 10-15 rpd (3-4 MR, 6-8 Citrine)
imbue 1-2 lrc
unravel

change all the items and targets to type
I worked a little different:

1. make Plate Jingasas (since they were easier to make exceptional)
  2. imbue 49-69 luck (2-3 MR, 4-6 Citrines)
  3. imbue 1-4 rpd (1 MR, 1-2 Citrines)
  4. imbue 1-2 lrc (1 MR, 1 amber)
  5. unravel
Step 1 requires less ingots in the long run. Step 2 and 3 require the same #of resources, but it reduces failure risk by imbuing the 2-3 MR first (high success rate) and the 1 MR second (~65% success rate).
Both methods (aarons6 and mine) yield the same unravel return.