• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

one handed mage weapon for defense..

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what type should i make?
anything that's fast, if you aren't using tactics. mage wep sc -0 and dci are main mods, that's 4 mods not including the base DI you get so you end up needing a pretty good hammer to make a good one.

a kryss, katana, assassin's spike, etc. you might also consider crafting special weps if you have recipes.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use low-level runic hammers to get -20 Mage Weapon or 50% hit spell or SC without penalty as a base and then imbue the rest.

Or you can start from scratch, imbue -20 MW SC and some hit spell.

C

Capt.E

I have been seeing tons of twinkling scimitar +6 dci is the base on them. So you could easily go to 21 or higher dci.

jtw1984

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been seeing tons of twinkling scimitar +6 dci is the base on them. So you could easily go to 21 or higher dci.
How do you get above 15 DCI imbuing?

The guy who does mine says that 15 is the max he can get.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you get above 15 DCI imbuing?

The guy who does mine says that 15 is the max he can get.
If you make a Twinkling Scimitar with a runic hammer it will always have +6 DCI, so if you craft it with a runic hammer and the hammer rolls a DCI mod, you will get up to +15 DCI from that mod roll, and as much as 21 DCI total when the two mods add together.

If you are going to imbue, you can't take that +6 and make it any more than 15, so having more than 15 is entirely up to the runic hammer.

There are a few weapons, like the Twinkling Scimitar, that you need recipes for, and they always add one mod like that +6 dci.
http://www.uoguide.com/Magical_Craftables

The benefit of imbuing here is you can make an exact item by getting a few select items, while making the perfect Twinkling Scimitar will take quite awhile and a nice stock of Dark Sapphires (IE imbuing is generally the cheapest method if you have a friend who will do it for free or cheap).

C

Capt.E

Sorry, been away for a few days. The basic procedure is obtain a copper runic, make a batch of twinkling scimitars, hope for one with above 15 dci and 40 di(armslore), lower di to 1, imbue fc 1, spellchannel, and -20 mage. I have seen them at 23 dci before.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do you hope for higher than 40 DI if you're just dropping it right away? Or did I mis-read?

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been a month or so since I played, but I noticed a few mages on our shard use Imbued Wands.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd recommend -20 , 15% Defense Chance Increase , and the weapon being a bokuto.

: ] Good luck dude! :thumbup:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recommend -25, 15 dci, 30ish hla, on a gheal wand, with the 15% 5 magery talisman!