• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

One Ancient Bug Fixed

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Way back when necromancy came into the game during the Age of Stuff expansion one of the first things I learned with the release was that you could cast Vengful Spirit on Solen in the hive and not lose friendship and they would not aggro on you. Same with casting summons (Not EVs or BS) or letting a pet kill them. So long as you did not command the summons or pet to kill them. Necro with Revenant was more effective though as it targeted the queens specifically and at 120 necro and SS made very short work of the queens and by not killing the workers the queens would insta respawn.

So I had not made a powder run in a long time and had transferred to a shard I don't normally play this morning and forgot to bring some BOS and powder along. Logged onto my necro /mage and went to the hive. First Rev I dropped on a queen she went grey and spit acid on me LOL.

So after 15 years they have it seems fixed one old bug. I have not had time to see if summons, pets and animated dead make them aggro yet but I am impressed. Now if they would fix reapers and make them cast spells again.

On a side not you can also pack on enough SDI now and Drop a flame strike on the queens to 1 hit kill them and still not break friendship with the hive :) As Long as you don't take damage from them you don't lose friends.

Anyway was impressed that after all these years necro hive bug is more or less fixed.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Here's to hoping that they fix the bad message for when thou'd'st hit Gregorio the Brigand ... some day. Not holding breath. Also not holding breath for messages for hitting the Great Ape, nor trying to enter the grottoes of the Myrmidex Queen nor Zipactriotl.)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
After EJ they are suppose to focus on bug fixes so everyone might want to send them reminders.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Here's to hoping that they fix the bad message for when thou'd'st hit Gregorio the Brigand ... some day. Not holding breath. Also not holding breath for messages for hitting the Great Ape, nor trying to enter the grottoes of the Myrmidex Queen nor Zipactriotl.)
Well only took 15 years to fix the Necro/Hive bug, which still sort of works if you hide or invis right after dropping a rev on a queen. I was just impressed that she went grey as soon as I dropped a rev on her and a few seconds later melted me to goo with a acid spit. Despite using the necro bug to farm tens of thousands of BOS and millions of Zoogi fungus, I always thought it was pretty cheezy that they never went aggro, unless you accidently stepped in a pool of acid. Still need to test and see if the animated dead, summons and pets make them aggro now.