• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

omg...all day, every day...how do you think to stop this DEV?

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

All day, every day, always!
Yes ok, you have already talked about it.
Yes ok, the usual soup.
But you cannot ignore these things, it is your game and it is your responsibility.

How much effort does it take to stop this?
Put someone who checks and as soon as he sees such a thing? account closure. Or it doesn't take that long (I'll help you if you want) to write a few more lines of code that automatically intercepts these messages.
Someone will get tired sooner or later ..

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

All day, every day, always!
Yes ok, you have already talked about it.
Yes ok, the usual soup.
But you cannot ignore these things, it is your game and it is your responsibility.

How much effort does it take to stop this?
Put someone who checks and as soon as he sees such a thing? account closure. Or it doesn't take that long (I'll help you if you want) to write a few more lines of code that automatically intercepts these messages.
Someone will get tired sooner or later ..
Not that they would do it, because apparently it would piss off the masses.

But deny chat to EJ account so people like that and avatar have to pay to do that ****. Will it end it, probably not. But at least it will be more of something trying to get it done that the oh theres nothing we can do now crap that Mesanna and others spout off.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know these things are boring to read them, but I can't shut up, sorry

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know these things are boring to read them, but I can't shut up, sorry
Never said you had to be LMFAO

But I gave a potential solution not that any of the devs would have the cojones big enough to employ it let alone bring it to the table for discussion.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Toss the free accounts would slow it way down...if they had to pay $11.99 everytime they got banned it should slow it waaaaay down lol.
But they won't do it, for whichever conspiracy theory you follow...

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Toss the free accounts would slow it way down...if they had to pay $11.99 everytime they got banned it should slow it waaaaay down lol.
Like I said, no dev would have the sack to do it let alone suggest it...

I also never said to toss the accounts, just said to deny global chat to endless journey.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Not sure whether you guys are new to the game or how long you have been playing, but us old far*s here for the long stretch have accepted long ago that the RMT websites are and have been for the longest time in cahouts with the Devs. So they are likely lining the pockets of the Dev system at least a little bit. It is not ok, yet it is ok. Life goes on. We are used to it, part of UO life. Ohh and if you think this does not exist in other games, and I mean ALL grindy MMO's. They make you mega-grind OR pay $$ for the shinies.
To lots of us older buzzards speaking for myself, the game IS the process (grind) of getting the shinies, so if we just pay $$ there goes the challenge, intrigue, game down the flusher. So we are old sticks in the mud and will not pay this "Avatar", or any of the cronies. Yes the UO store has items, but they are mostly deco, few useful items. So the buyers will buy from the "Avatar" I recon, to cut down on the grind. To me this is all cheating and actually bypassing the game = kills the fun.
The spamming is irritating, but wth try to ignore it.
Still love this game.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure whether you guys are new to the game or how long you have been playing, but us old far*s here for the long stretch have accepted long ago that the RMT websites are and have been for the longest time in cahouts with the Devs. So they are likely lining the pockets of the Dev system at least a little bit. It is not ok, yet it is ok. Life goes on. We are used to it, part of UO life. Ohh and if you think this does not exist in other games, and I mean ALL grindy MMO's. They make you mega-grind OR pay $$ for the shinies.
To lots of us older buzzards speaking for myself, the game IS the process (grind) of getting the shinies, so if we just pay $$ there goes the challenge, intrigue, game down the flusher. So we are old sticks in the mud and will not pay this "Avatar", or any of the cronies. Yes the UO store has items, but they are mostly deco, few useful items. So the buyers will buy from the "Avatar" I recon, to cut down on the grind. To me this is all cheating and actually bypassing the game = kills the fun.
Still love this game.
I love the game, signed up early 02, paid up to an age of 125m and counting.

I've learned to live with it but was just tossing my 2c in.

But for sure, some ones getting kickbacks and I'd bet my $10k in LTC Mesanna is one if them.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still love this game.
what you say is the truth. i play from the beginning, then i quit the game about 8 years and then i started again about 1 year ago.

before it wasn't quite that blatantly part of the game. Things happen in other games too similar, but not as invasive...
I can ignore the message, but not the facts!
i can still love the game, but for how long?
if all is $$ based, where do you find the fun?

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what you say is the truth. i play from the beginning, then i quit the game about 8 years and then i started again about 1 year ago.

before it wasn't quite that blatantly part of the game. Things happen in other games too similar, but not as invasive...
My how long is may 2024 when shield transfers become avail to me. At which point based on population and what's changed.

It's a rough $380 gamble I can live with. But that's what I'm paid out to.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Not all of it is $$ based though. So if one pays to play they lose all the way, the lose the game. The payer loses. The regular player enjoys the game with all its multiple little tasks, and has fun and that imo is the whole reason to play. So I agree there will always be the players that want to short-cut the different aspects of the game, but for what reason? Where is the challenge of paying few $$ for parts we get through game mechanics? They will get the items since they have no time to grind, have jobs, RL concerns etc. All sorts of reasons/excuses. Where is the fun in that? You will likely see that with some things of the game that seem impossible to some esp with taming revamp. Newby player one day, then very shortly thereafter, same player(s) with maxed tamer character and pets that are 120 scrolled within a week or so. They buy the tamer account, the pet and all the PS from mr Avatar, so all the fun of building up to that level is bypassed thanks to a few $$, but they cheated the system, and themselves especially.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not all of it is $$ based though. So if one pays to play they lose all the way, the lose the game. The payer loses. The regular player enjoys the game with all its multiple little tasks, and has fun and that imo is the whole reason to play. So I agree there will always be the players that want to short-cut the different aspects of the game, but for what reason? Where is the challenge of paying few $$ for parts we get through game mechanics? They will get the items since they have no time to grind, have jobs, RL concerns etc. All sorts of reasons/excuses. Where is the fun in that? You will likely see that with some things of the game that seem impossible to some esp with taming revamp. Newby player one day, then very shortly thereafter, same player(s) with maxed tamer character and pets that are 120 scrolled within a week or so. They buy the tamer account, the pet and all the PS from mr Avatar, so all the fun of building up to that level is bypassed thanks to a few $$, but they cheated the system, and themselves especially.
You could also make a sandwich at home but you go out to buy fast food. You could go slaughter a cow if you want challenge in your hamburger. I pay for entertainment a lot. I've spent many thousands to travel to watch football and basketball games that I could watch on TV.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just thought of a solution - you could put in a checkbox of whether you want to see messages from EJ accounts in gen chat or not - that way people who still want to see messages from EJ accounts because they like to help out new people still could but people who didn't want to see those messages would have a way to make them disappear - a simple checkbox is all that's needed

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just thought of a solution - you could put in a checkbox of whether you want to see messages from EJ accounts in gen chat or not - that way people who still want to see messages from EJ accounts because they like to help out new people still could but people who didn't want to see those messages would have a way to make them disappear - a simple checkbox is all that's needed
Moat ppl would opt not to do that if they have friends and or family who play ej.

So while that specific idea is sound, it's not as viable as mine w just completely stripping the ability for global chat on EJ account. I mean I know the family and friends thing is like a double sided sword to my idea. But it just seems mine in the long run is more of a finalized solution of sorts.

But in hindsite bec of the dbl edge sword. Yours in theory could work better so I'd go for it in the end I suppose.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My how long is may 2024 when shield transfers become avail to me. At which point based on population and what's changed.

It's a rough $380 gamble I can live with. But that's what I'm paid out to.
I have 14 vet picks left waiting 6 months if that account to be 14 years. My older account has 12 picks and over 18 years I think

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
?? They existed before the free accounts.

Blackstar

Adventurer
I know it’s practically impossible to stop RMT. But that guy is practically spamming way too frequently all day. The previous code guy (diff business perhaps?) atleast wasn’t that spamming. But this guy’s spamming appears in one journal window atleast twice until it goes over the page!!!! My ban list is already full with that !@#$ing Chuk Noris. There’s got to be some ways to prevent this guy from spamming so many times. Atleast put some timer or limit of chat on ez account or something. Or perhaps some kind of way to vote to ban someone from chat channel.

And no, gen chat is being used as user’s global chat channel for trading, asking&answering, (and of course tons of PVP rant). I don’t really want to turn off the gen chat, but that guy is almost making me do it.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
EJ was hardly a stunning success, I think they should just get rid of it, after all the complaints about EJ accounts being used for cheating and scripting, why is it still around? Must be some reason they still have it...
Personally I never understood why they brought in Global chat, I never turned it on myself, it's not something I would willingly endure. Must be some reason they did it.....
It's not hard to see a reason for these things, the RMT was already rife so why not capitalise on it?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
There will always be a way to work in RL cash. Just the way it is and I have accepted that. It's just so annoying to see the spam all the time. Give it a break Mister Norris. Oddly that was never the site I've used in the past when there was something I just couldn't pass on. There's better ones based in the USA. The prices in UO are coming down. I don't think gold buying is as big as it once was. I use to pay big gold for rares then 2 months later you see the same item for half the price or I find something I thought was awesome, that I paid a lot of gold for, just doesn't thrill me anymore. So using some better judgement I've found I really haven't needed any crazy amounts of gold in a long time. The biggest real life money scam that took the most of my cash was buying those shard transfer tokens from EA. Now that's a scam! :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Reasons why we have EJ...

1. Devs are lazy...
2. Having only once every year or so for a month the old "Welcome Back to Britannia" was buggy... and often resulted in old banned accounts being able to log into game...
3. They need to make it look to EA and Denton that they are actually "trying" to recruit new players.

Now... Why in the heck they don't make EJ unable to join Gen Chat and not in some "newbie help" channel is because then how would any true "new" player ever actually get help in-game??? because certainly, they aren't going to be seeing a GM ever. Anyway yes it's a pain to mute these jerks constantly... but I will once again defend the DEVs on this matter as they have tried to ban the guy... repeatedly... he gets banned often trust me... but the problem is he is just right back in within a few short minutes... sadly they don't have an ability to ban by ip or anything like that and even if they did the guy likely uses a VPN anyway so won't work and since it isn't paid accounts he can just make more and more and more...

Now I suggested eons ago to them that they actually "purchase" a few items from the guy... see who the distributing account is and follow the paper trail... then watch that account and start banning his customer base... NOT him ... Send warnings to them that they are violating the ToS give temp bans for it the first offense... 1-week ban... second offense 1-month ban... 3rd strike permaban.... then once they know who this guy is where his network is and warehouses pull a Draconi and burn them to the ground... Then when he starts back up repeat the process... eventually NO ONE will buy from him for fear of being banned... if you cut out the buyers he'll move on to another game where he can easily make money. But sadly some other schmuck will just take his place because the draw of easy money is just too great and someone would want to fill the vacuum of demand with supply...

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reasons why we have EJ...

1. Devs are lazy...
2. Having only once every year or so for a month the old "Welcome Back to Britannia" was buggy... and often resulted in old banned accounts being able to log into game...
3. They need to make it look to EA and Denton that they are actually "trying" to recruit new players.

Now... Why in the heck they don't make EJ unable to join Gen Chat and not in some "newbie help" channel is because then how would any true "new" player ever actually get help in-game??? because certainly, they aren't going to be seeing a GM ever. Anyway yes it's a pain to mute these jerks constantly... but I will once again defend the DEVs on this matter as they have tried to ban the guy... repeatedly... he gets banned often trust me... but the problem is he is just right back in within a few short minutes... sadly they don't have an ability to ban by ip or anything like that and even if they did the guy likely uses a VPN anyway so won't work and since it isn't paid accounts he can just make more and more and more...

Now I suggested eons ago to them that they actually "purchase" a few items from the guy... see who the distributing account is and follow the paper trail... then watch that account and start banning his customer base... NOT him ... Send warnings to them that they are violating the ToS give temp bans for it the first offense... 1-week ban... second offense 1-month ban... 3rd strike permaban.... then once they know who this guy is where his network is and warehouses pull a Draconi and burn them to the ground... Then when he starts back up repeat the process... eventually NO ONE will buy from him for fear of being banned... if you cut out the buyers he'll move on to another game where he can easily make money. But sadly some other schmuck will just take his place because the draw of easy money is just too great and someone would want to fill the vacuum of demand with supply...
People would just start up a EJ account to buy there gold and then move it along other accounts until they got there gold .

One game I play has the free accounts that can only hold 15mil Ec paying accounts hold 2.5p only way to get past he 15m is to buy a bank upgrade from there store . And no way above 2.5p per char.

They made it to easy for the gold sellers. Before buying anything over 100mil you had to move it to bank or house then go back and finish the deal until you got the gold you ordered.

Who remembers trading packmules for a house. Or even trading a small 7x7 full of checks for a castle. I wonder how much got deleted off vendors. People would leave the game and have a few vendors full of gold. You don't need that now. I even had two vendors set up at my house for gold transfers from my 2 accounts.

You can do all this with trade windows now.

Heck they made it to easy. Don't even have to be at home for gold buyers. Just set up a cheap item on a auction safe and tell the seller where it is and he can go buy that gold coin for 1p now. (Never used a safe not sure it would work) or other cheap item.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lmao... packmule days. Forgot about that

Did probably 20 deals or so like that.

bahat

Adventurer
EJ Accounts should only have access to the HELP channel or some specific EJ channel.
EJ Account shouldn't be able to eat any power or stat scrolls
EJ Accounts shouldn't be able to ride, use or even own vet rewards
EJ Accounts shouldn't be able to have more than 20m gold. (I've personally witnessed spamming EJ accounts at auctions, purchasing items totaling over 300m)

The EJ account is meant to give someone an insight into the game, thus forcing them into paying for the game if they enjoy it and want to expand their accounts to full access.

I've become used to these gold spammers, but between the trash talk with the pvp'ers and the spamming from the gold sellers it's difficult to talk about or discuss in game topics in general chat. So it's really whatever, I've got about 9 different Chuck Norris's and Avatars in my ignore list but it doesn't matter.

It would be nice if the ignore list was PER ACCOUNT and not PER CHARACTER. I shouldn't be forced to ignore the same account up to 7 different times, 14 if you consider the ban list doesn't transfer from cc to ec.

just my 5 cents

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Maybe we should do something no one expects... and make a "Real" Gen Chat channel and everyone who really wants to talk should go there? Leave the PvP trash talk and the gold spammer in the "official" gen chat channel? Just make a new channel name it Real Gen Chat... and everyone will eventually figure it out... When the spammers finally figure it out just make a new one and move on... eventually, maybe that will give the DEVs a hint to do something.

bahat

Adventurer
Maybe we should do something no one expects... and make a "Real" Gen Chat channel and everyone who really wants to talk should go there? Leave the PvP trash talk and the gold spammer in the "official" gen chat channel? Just make a new channel name it Real Gen Chat... and everyone will eventually figure it out... When the spammers finally figure it out just make a new one and move on... eventually, maybe that will give the DEVs a hint to do something.
I highly doubt the devs are keeping metrics on in game channels being created and used.
People need to voice their displeasure about the situation as much as the gold spammers spam gen chat. That might get recognition from the higher ups.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I highly doubt the devs are keeping metrics on in game channels being created and used.
People need to voice their displeasure about the situation as much as the gold spammers spam gen chat. That might get recognition from the higher ups.
Since day one of the Chat system we have voiced our problems... it falls on deaf ears.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't even think there is a timer to switch between chat channels. They could easily spam every chat channel. Isolating EJ accounts to one chat channel would be the best route.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't even think there is a timer to switch between chat channels. They could easily spam every chat channel. Isolating EJ accounts to one chat channel would be the best route.
Once upon a time, the "30-day trial" accounts were stuck in the Help Channel... but when EJ came along because they wanted a bunch of PvPers to come back and play for free and roam all over Fel to make Fel not so dead... they opted to allow them in Gen Chat... which I always maintained was a BAD idea...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Those in Fel need to be stuck in their own chat channel, the epeen crap they spew into general sure as hell won't entice anyone to come back. Then smack talk rules for Tram channels need to be tightened, potentially with being permanently locked into the Fel channel being punishment instead of suspensions. (Thus you keep the pvpers in the game, but as less of a nuisance.)

For Avatar and Chuckie... *shrugs* I doubt they can ban the accounts fast enough to make it even worth bothering. Nearly any action taken to curb their ability to advertise would adversely affect the regular EJ players they're trying to convert into paying accounts. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Personally, I think the sting option is the best idea. Follow the rats back to their nests and then burn them out; i.e. delete everything.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those in Fel need to be stuck in their own chat channel, the epeen crap they spew into general sure as hell won't entice anyone to come back. Then smack talk rules for Tram channels need to be tightened, potentially with being permanently locked into the Fel channel being punishment instead of suspensions. (Thus you keep the pvpers in the game, but as less of a nuisance.)

For Avatar and Chuckie... *shrugs* I doubt they can ban the accounts fast enough to make it even worth bothering. Nearly any action taken to curb their ability to advertise would adversely affect the regular EJ players they're trying to convert into paying accounts. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Personally, I think the sting option is the best idea. Follow the rats back to their nests and then burn them out; i.e. delete everything.
Burn everything does very little. If you really think avatar and the other got everything they have on their own, you're as naive as the dev's themselves.

It would just piss them off enough to come back harder and stronger.

Not to mention with mesanna most likely in one of their pockets or getting a kickback of some sort, any dev for that matter. That would never happen even if you doxed avatar.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The limitation of EJs to no gen chat, and only a specific channel will defeat the very concept of having the EJ people, the legit ones, communicate with the present player base, ask questions, get help etc. and be enticed to sub.
Just because we have spam phone calls is no reason to shut our phones etc.
Also we do have newcomers thanks to EJ not a lot but some new subs, to help the game.
IP sniffers would not work also since there are ways to bypass the IP address of the spammer due to proxies etc.
No easy solution without hurting the game one way or another. Also IP sniffing would involve an active IP hunter to be there then find a nonsense IP proxied in Siberia server etc.
So no easy solution, sadly. The risk/benefit ratio of messing with the chat system is not too good, and I could see it causing server crashes, like it did in the past, when a f***ed up player crashed the server at will using a bug/exploit in the very chat system. It took a lot of work to catch him, and then ban him.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The limitation of EJs to no gen chat, and only a specific channel will defeat the very concept of having the EJ people, the legit ones, communicate with the present player base, ask questions, get help etc. and be enticed to sub.
Also we do have newcomers thanks to EJ not a lot but some new subs, to help the game.
IP sniffers would not work also since there are ways to bypass the IP address of the spammer due to proxies etc.
No easy solution without hurting the game one way or another. Also IP sniffing would involve an active IP hunter to be there then find a nonsense IP proxied in Siberia server etc.
So no easy solution, sadly. The risk/benefit ratio of messing with the chat system is not too good, and I could see it causing server crashes, like it did in the past, when a f***ed up player crashed the server at will using a bug/exploit in the very chat system. It took a lot of work to catch him, and then ban him.
And it is still the best route to take towards limiting the spam in general chat.

bahat

Adventurer
That's not correct at all.

First an IP Sniffer is deployed against a URL and allows the host of the URL to see the connecting IP Address. There is also nothing called an "active ip hunter" ...

And the easiest thing to do for Broadsword is to simply BAN the block of known VPN CIDRs, Hulu does it, Netflix does it and many others do it. It's not hard considering EA/Mystic/Broadsword has to conform to GDPR regulations. If they don't confirm to those regulations then individuals coming from EU IP addresses are BLOCKED (HTTP 451) from viewing the content of said webpage / service ..etc

You ban the ability to connect to the login server from VPN connections, then if the accounts are dumb enough to continue you eventually get to the src address.

They could also limit the number of characters an EJ account is allowed to type at once into a general chat, and then rate limit the ability to send those lines of text.

Personally I believe EJs should be stuck to the EJ only channel or the help only channel. If broadswords wants veteran players to help and communicate with these new EJs then we should be given the option as a paid account to "see EJ text".

Basically let EJ players have their own side of the CHAT and only paid accounts that are flagged as wanting to see EJ text can then see the EJs speaking in any channel.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's not correct at all.

First an IP Sniffer is deployed against a URL and allows the host of the URL to see the connecting IP Address. There is also nothing called an "active ip hunter" ...

And the easiest thing to do for Broadsword is to simply BAN the block of known VPN CIDRs, Hulu does it, Netflix does it and many others do it. It's not hard considering EA/Mystic/Broadsword has to conform to GDPR regulations. If they don't confirm to those regulations then individuals coming from EU IP addresses are BLOCKED (HTTP 451) from viewing the content of said webpage / service ..etc

You ban the ability to connect to the login server from VPN connections, then if the accounts are dumb enough to continue you eventually get to the src address.

They could also limit the number of characters an EJ account is allowed to type at once into a general chat, and then rate limit the ability to send those lines of text.

Personally I believe EJs should be stuck to the EJ only channel or the help only channel. If broadswords wants veteran players to help and communicate with these new EJs then we should be given the option as a paid account to "see EJ text".

Basically let EJ players have their own side of the CHAT and only paid accounts that are flagged as wanting to see EJ text can then see the EJs speaking in any channel.
Most of that won't do any good at all... and I highly doubt anyone at BS is good enough to ban via that method... seriously.

They can limit the # of characters but then you will get a block of text from them in spam like:

Selling gold
XXX per Mil
visit our web
www dot
blah blah
dot com
get yours
today

Over and over and over... it's a script... they just modify their script as has been proven over and over and over again...

And as I said previously the reason for the EJ is to get ex PvPers into Fel for free so it's not dead... So they can go to fel and hang out with their PvP buddies... however, a vast majority the EJ accounts are used to ghost cam... and other nefarious things people generally get banned for... (sadly they don't look into who really owns these accounts and ban the whole lot) Sure a few legit "new" players use EJ for a bit but most of those either quit quickly seeing how overpriced everything is and all once they finally figure out how the game works which isn't how EJ works at all... some never figure out the differences they don't give it enough time... or they sub... which is really what is needed and truly intended... but most old returning players get frustrated trying to actually pay for their old account and trying to link it to something to pay. Or find it's stripped to the core and quit.

bahat

Adventurer
Most of that won't do any good at all... and I highly doubt anyone at BS is good enough to ban via that method... seriously.

They can limit the # of characters but then you will get a block of text from them in spam like:

Selling gold
XXX per Mil
visit our web
www dot
blah blah
dot com
get yours
today

Over and over and over... it's a script... they just modify their script as has been proven over and over and over again...

And as I said previously the reason for the EJ is to get ex PvPers into Fel for free so it's not dead... So they can go to fel and hang out with their PvP buddies... however, a vast majority the EJ accounts are used to ghost cam... and other nefarious things people generally get banned for... (sadly they don't look into who really owns these accounts and ban the whole lot) Sure a few legit "new" players use EJ for a bit but most of those either quit quickly seeing how overpriced everything is and all once they finally figure out how the game works which isn't how EJ works at all... some never figure out the differences they don't give it enough time... or they sub... which is really what is needed and truly intended... but most old returning players get frustrated trying to actually pay for their old account and trying to link it to something to pay. Or find it's stripped to the core and quit.
I agree, and it's interesting I didn't really give it any thought as to why EJ accounts exist aside from new or returning players seeing the game. But the Fel thing makes sense, since they don't really do anything for the EJ account. I mean it's not like anyone from the staff or even a group of volunteers (old days counselor) do anything to help the EJ's or approach young players or returning individuals. I do think EJs need to be more restricted over all, but they should at least be able to logout in a friendly house.