• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Older, but not wiser.

E

Eslake

Well here I am, another year older and still trying to figure out the whole 10 hot dogs / 8 buns thing, and waiting for that sudden burst of insight we are supposed to get as we age. :p

Since my fiance left me back in the spring, I'm hoping someone stops by Girlfriends-R-Us and picks me up a new one. Maybe one of the Can-Really-Cook models with Back/Neck-Rub options and an extended warranty.

I'll probably settle for a couple of hours in the pool and a meatball sub, but I can dream. :lick:

So, what is everyone else hoping to get on their birthday this year?

A

Angus MacGregor

Had my birthday a little over a month ago. Hitting 40 wasn't quite as bad as I thought it was going to be. I guess I'll reschedule my mid-life crisis for when I hit 50.

I've got a perfect wife, and a couple of really great kids who seem to be smarter than I ever thought I was, so any gift I got was just icing on the cake.

Good luck on the girlfriend search. It's been my experience that they like to hide until you stop actually looking for them, then they pop out of the woodwork. And you'll find them in the strangest places, too.

And if you ever figure out the hot dog/bun situation, let me know. That has always been a head scratcher for me.

E

Eslake

Ah, the good life. If you only knew how much some people envy what you have. :)

I don't get to play in the pool today after all :( the therapist had to leave early. But my ex came by and sat with me to watch a movie, which was really nice.
That's the stuff that makes it all worth doing IMO. Just having someone to put an arm around and enjoy a movie or talk about something trivial, or joke with.

Until I happen into it again, I'll settle for sticking around just to make my doctors send me for re-test after re-test saying "That can't be right or you'd be dead!" :D It annoys them to no end.

Now I'm off to roam around Luna to see if anyone needs a pet fire beetle. ;)

D

Devil_Woman

Sorry I missed the real day, Eslake, but Happy Belated Birthday anyway!

A

Aboo

Well here I am, another year older and still trying to figure out the whole 10 hot dogs / 8 buns thing, and waiting for that sudden burst of insight we are supposed to get as we age. :p

Since my fiance left me back in the spring, I'm hoping someone stops by Girlfriends-R-Us and picks me up a new one. Maybe one of the Can-Really-Cook models with Back/Neck-Rub options and an extended warranty.

I'll probably settle for a couple of hours in the pool and a meatball sub, but I can dream. :lick:

So, what is everyone else hoping to get on their birthday this year?
Mine was last week. I can't think of anything I want. I have 6 wonderful children (2 are my son and daughter-in-law), 7 fantastic grandchildren, a stable job, nice home and a good husband. I'm set unless someone wants to give me a million dollars.:thumbup:

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't do the million dollars, but I might swing the million gold.:D

All I can ask for my birthday is that my family and friends stay healthy and employed. I'll be more than happy with that gift! Usually I manage to slip my birthday under radar because of the holiday rush.:mf_prop: