• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old White Wyrm

Ungoliant

Journeyman
I had my white wyrm out of the stables and was going to start training it to the 100 skill caps. Someone at the Luna stables lored it and told me not to touch it until I got someone to look at it to give me some insight on its value. He had me feed it gold, which it accepted as food. Other than that little tidbit of information, I know nothing about it other than it is from my first account. Probably pretty old. If someone could take the time to meet up with me to look at it, I would appreciate it.

Thank you for your time and input.

Ungo

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I pasted the cah info here:
  • A Legacy White Wyrm is a 3-Control Slot White Wyrm with a Strength value of 721 to 760.
  • 3-Slot White Wyrms still spawn, but their Strength will be much lower than that of a Legacy.
  • Contrary to what most people think, almost all White Wyrms will eat gold, including currently spawning versions and Legacies.
  • There are certain Heirloom Legacy White Wyrms that will not be able to eat gold, making these ones extremely rare.

White Wyrms
Legacy White Wyrms will be 3 control slots and have between ~721 and 760 Strength. When publish 97 came out, they changed the spawn range of White Wyrms greatly. White Wyrms can now spawn with as low as 350 Strength, all the way up to 760.

Those with around 350-510 Strength will still spawn as 3 slot, those above ~510 Strength will spawn as a 4 slot (this is not a precise indicator, as hits and resists will play a part in determining the Wyrm's spawning control slot). You are no longer able to get a White Wyrm with 721+ Strength that is 3 control slots. White Wyrms should have between 433-456 hits no matter what control slot they spawn as.

White Wyrms that were tamed before publish 16 will not eat gold. These are the only White Wyrms that do not eat gold.

The Heirloom Legacy

When Nightmares and White Wyrms were introduced, they used the horse and dragon models and applied a hue overlay on them. This is why there was 4 Nightmare models and 2 White Wyrm models.

With Publish 11, released March 14th, 2001, they changed the way Nightmares and White Wyrms spawned. Newly spawning animals did not come in different models, but 1 single model to accommodate the Third Dawn 3d Client. . Tamers were upset with this change and in Publish 12, July 24th 2001 they reintroduced the different models of nightmares and white wyrms. However in doing so they changed the way they spawned. Instead of applying a hue to the base model of similar pets (horse/dragon), they created new based models for each creature. This meant that the hue overlay was no longer applied, but instead pre-hued sprites for the White Wyrm and Nightmare were created.

If you Hue Id a Nightmare or White Wyrm in the Enhanced Client you will see their base hue ID is 0, which means default color (for the plain colors, there are other hue ID's for the new colors released in Pub-97).

Nightmares and White Wyrms tamed before March of 2001 are what we refer to as Heirloom Legacies.

These pets will look different than normal in the Enhanced Client Only. Essentially they are double-hued and will appear more vibrant than normal.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are currently 4 Generations of WWs.
Gen 1: "Ancients". These refuse to eat gold, roar when commanded (https://uo.stratics.com/hunters/sounds/dragon1.mpg), and have an extremely aggressive AI. Some have up to 825 STR as well. Only six "Ancients" are confirmed to still exist in game so far. CAH refers to these as "Heirloom Legacies". The easiest way to spot one of these, and is a dead giveaway to it's presence, is that powerful, reverberating roar they unleash when commanded. Here's a picture of a Gen 1 WW, Greysky, with 807 STR.
GreySky 1.PNG GreySky.PNG
Gen 2: "Legacies". These refuse to eat gold, yet grunt when commanded, and could spawn with up to 760 STR.
Gen 3: "Pre-Patch". These eat gold, grunt when commanded, and could spawn with up to 760 STR.
Gen 4: "Revamp". These eat gold, grunt when commanded, but spawn with half the minimum STR (360, which is a 3 slot), and are 4 slots when spawning with higher STR (510+). Gen 4 WWs have 4 additional hues they can spawn in. Color Charts: White Wyrm | uo-cah.com

WWs end up best as Chiv+AI. The overcapped STR of Gen 1-3 synergizes extremely well with this, along with the fact that WWs have no "wasted specials". The fact that a Chiv+AI WW does not know any other abilities (including Dragon Breath), means it will spam the hell out of AI. I've seen my Chiv+AI WW spam AI up to 7 times in a row, just daisy chaining them and pumping out a ton of damage fast.

Last edited: