• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old Vet coming back...am i the only one?

H

Honus

I just reactivated my old account on Sonoma and checked out Luna, Brit Bank, and a few more areas...and could not find one soul anywhere. Is this still an active shard?

Plant Elemental

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Some players have either quit or moved to Atlantic, so if you haven't played in a while, I'm sure you'll notice a difference.
But keep in mind that there's also a lot more lands today too. People can be spread out all over Trammel, Felucca, Lost Lands, Ilsh., Tokuno, Ter Mur, and out in the open seas with the high seas booster.

One of the best ways to guage how full shard is, is by seeing what the housing situation is.
When I quit UO back in 2007 and i was still playing on Legends, I remember all of Malas being full of houses. When I came back this past November, most of malas was like green acres. No houses anywhere except around the cities.

And when I came to Sonoma from Legends about a month ago, I was shocked when I went through Luna and saw how barren it was compared to other shards. Seeing only half of Luna houses had vendors, and of the half that did, half had not been re-stocked for a long long time. I wasn't use to seeing Luna like that.

That being said, don't let the lack of people around scare you away from here. Sonoma has some of the nicest players on all the shards, a good community, and most people here are willing to help you out any way they can.

H

Honus

Thanks. I just need to figure out where everyone is hanging out. =]

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
welcome back :)

A good way to find folks is with the new global chat system ... if you are using the classic client - go to the chat tab (located on the line where you see map, inventory, journal, help) click on that and then click on the general chat line and then hit the join button ... after that you should be in global general chat ... when you want to say something ... just put a comma first before typing what you want to say .... like ... , hi there!

hope that helps some and see you around ... feel free to add me to ICQ if you use it ... 168812018 and if you need anything just ask :)

*ps several old timers have returned and Plant is right ... folks are all over the place now due to their being so many things to do

R

rmsroach

Heya Honus, I had kinda the same issue when I came back to the shard 2 months ago.... everything seemed desolate. As they mentioned it has a lot to do with the various places people can be, as well as what time your logged in. Hell I had been hunting in multiple dungeons and other locations and hadnt seen a soul for hours, but then I ran into some very cool people in luna and skara brae. You just gotta jump around different towns til you find a hot spot. =P

Nice ta meet you btw.

H

Honus

Global chat...awesome. Can't wait to get back in the game! (God Ra/Hereck/Fruit of the Loom)

L

Lord Exmortis

I came back 2 months ago after being away for 7 years and I am loving it.