• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old School

K

Katharine

I remember doing my first Doom run... oh bout a year and a half ago. First time I did a spawn of any kind since I had started training in fighting. Went out with VmP at Wrym's invitation (this was back when it was really fun to hang out with them cause they did cool stuff beside hassle newbies). anywho, first time ever in Doom, so I go down there with my Holy Sword (cause it was the only one i had blessed at the time cause I didn't get my PBD, or i did and might have lost it.. whatever). No UO automap linking me with the rest of them, no TS, just party chat... I get lost, Wrym comes back to try and find me... and I'm horrible with directions so they end up running into everything and we all died, cept for the rezzer who was hidden. Anywho, finally get us all alive, we get over to the champ part of it... and here comes someone in to raid!
They killed everyone, but me and the hidden rezzer... then they REZ me .. give me aids (dunno why cause i've never been a healer), so I go to find the hidden person in the "secret" room.. give him the aids... he rezzes everyone else. *chuckles* was so much fun... i miss those days.

T

The Noob

I know alot of you are old players, what kinda crazy stuff to you remember ingame back in the day?

There's a certain place in my heart for the following...

Drakes on a tower roof one hit fireballing passerby's
Small houses ontop of tower roof's
Fighting over a persons house you just looted/stole the keys/rune to
Having to carry runes to your house
expl/hally e-bolt
fighting over deciet LL room
standing in a dungeon for hours dropping trapped chest for passerby's
staying up for 24-48+ hours straight only breaking for server down
Being hidden at a dungeon entrance and watching 15 pk's run bye followed by 15 npk's 5 minutes later
Getting killed in bum [censored] and having to all the way to chaos shrinne just for a res
not daring to run on roadways because 10 pks would be hidden somewhere along the way
Keeping a balron in your house for years as it built up loot on a daily basis
Logging a character out in a newly placed house to loot it 4 months later
Saying I [censored] hate this game I quit only to get ressed and play 5 minutes later
Roll out with 10 guildmates to 8 different guild HQ's one after another for huge brawls
No vent/roger wilco/map/scripts/ect
Buying castle deeds cheaper then what you could sell them back for
Standing in your house hidden while 2 players gate into your house through the stairs, then pwning them both
and certainly much much more

Ever think about the problems around 8 years ago compared to the problems now?
Totally different.

POST YOUR LIFE STORYS SOMEWERE ELSE, KTHX

K

Kuzara

A long one!

-Throwing a purple potion in town...End of story.
-Attacking a polymorphed player who appeared to be a lizardman during the days of ratmen/lizardmen invasions and said person slaughtering me.
-Hiding behind trees thinking that they give you cover.

-Getting my first vanquishing spear and giving it to my friend Bri to assassinate his ex-friend!
-Being afraid to enter moongates and just running around the world (this was for like three months).
-Also not knowing how to use the mini-map until I saw it on the Second Age box! I just relied on landmarks and the map that you get with the box.
-Spending hours playing then letting my dad play and spending hours watching him while I waited to play again (gotta love pre-networking).
-Trying to place a castle in Tram only to accidnetly close out my client when you were able to place...*cry*
-Looting my first corpse that had full GM plate on it...I later found the guy and gave it back.

-Having a guy say in red letters "(insert name) is atacking you" and then attacking him, running into town, and then dying to the guards.

-Getting ganked by rats in the Brit sewers.
-Traveling around with about 10-15 guild members from DRA trying to place a guild house at 1:00 a.m. with no luck.

So many more good memories, so little time!

G

Going through the moongate 500 times to get to the right city. (no menu days)
Casting EQ at a bank....1 guard per person....server down...

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was taming bulls in Delucia Trammel, while guy there killing all the bulls I was taming. He is killing everything in sight. He is killing Shepard's too. He kills his 5th Shepard and goes RED. He is sitting there red in tram for few minutes then disappeared. I recall the Chaos shine in Felucca and kill him. I welcome him to Felucca.

Rizarium

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have few

stealing a persons tent when thier key dropped to the ground after they placed it.

blue boning people and looting them at the banks an regeant shops

having a zoo full of creatures locked in my house.

watching theives die when they snoop into a trapped container in my bag.

gating people to "stuck" spots before stuck option came around

luring reds through a gate into town and getting them guard whacked.

cutting off my mother in law's head and handing it to her

fighting with my Pk nieghbors for hours on end only to complain when they quit coming around

reaching Lord/Lady status for the very first time only to go into town to show off the new title and accidently get guard whacked looting a blue body

placing that first small house and hanging out there for months as a newbie guild

houses placed in front of a tower to allow only recall/gate access

having towers you could walk underneath in bucs den

my guild mate looting the house of a guy who scammed me out of 400k when i was trying to buy my first large house. I logged in to find all the guys stuff laying on the floor of my house

being a hooker at west brit taking my clothes off for money
Being a hooker at west brit bank? really? thaty musta been ugly

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Nice thread you digged up there Riz ;) and it brings back memories, both the text and the posters names

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Always love these threads....reminds you of why you got hooked on the game

Yes...I am one of those yearning for the old days type of player :(

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes...I am one of those yearning for the old days type of player :(
Same here. Most fun I can remember having was placing poisoned fish steaks and bread around west brit bank and then watching people eat them and die like lemmings despite the ghosts running around them en mass. XD

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Theadromancy... Approved. This time. *stares*

*chuckles* Good read.

Rizarium

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theadromancy... Approved. This time. *stares*

*chuckles* Good read.
Sorry kelmo, I could not sleep and had taken about 4 vicodin, and I was looiking for someone that owns a keep. So while I was looking throught stratics 4900! pages of users, I mighta bumped some threads.....

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I let this one go. *shakes hand* I respect you a lot.

Rohan732

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I used to know a few stories. But I haven't played since 2005..ish. Played on Siege from 1998 and spent the majority of that time in CWS running around with KRT, KSS, and NEW... there were several others that would always try to kill me all the time, but it was a fun 7 years that I was on.

Rizarium

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I used to know a few stories. But I haven't played since 2005..ish. Played on Siege from 1998 and spent the majority of that time in CWS running around with KRT, KSS, and NEW... there were several others that would always try to kill me all the time, but it was a fun 7 years that I was on.
I remember Rohan, How you been?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I do invite all of the old school folks into this thread. Tomorrow you can log in for free... If you remember how.

Rohan732

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have a game disk and don't feel like downloading it from UO lol. I doubt I'd remember the old password anyway, had to have help getting into here :hahaha:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I do invite all of the old school folks into this thread. Tomorrow you can log in for free... If you remember how.
Now it seems it is set for Wendsday... I still hope to see a lot of old names.

Barania

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know alot of you are old players, what kinda crazy stuff to you remember ingame back in the day?

There's a certain place in my heart for the following...

Drakes on a tower roof one hit fireballing passerby's
Small houses ontop of tower roof's
Fighting over a persons house you just looted/stole the keys/rune to
Having to carry runes to your house
expl/hally e-bolt
fighting over deciet LL room
standing in a dungeon for hours dropping trapped chest for passerby's
staying up for 24-48+ hours straight only breaking for server down
Being hidden at a dungeon entrance and watching 15 pk's run bye followed by 15 npk's 5 minutes later
Getting killed in bum [censored] and having to all the way to chaos shrinne just for a res
not daring to run on roadways because 10 pks would be hidden somewhere along the way
Keeping a balron in your house for years as it built up loot on a daily basis
Logging a character out in a newly placed house to loot it 4 months later
Saying I [censored] hate this game I quit only to get ressed and play 5 minutes later
Roll out with 10 guildmates to 8 different guild HQ's one after another for huge brawls
No vent/roger wilco/map/scripts/ect
Buying castle deeds cheaper then what you could sell them back for
Standing in your house hidden while 2 players gate into your house through the stairs, then pwning them both
and certainly much much more

Ever think about the problems around 8 years ago compared to the problems now?
Totally different.
I remember being able to teleport on to the roof of the weapon store next to to Glow bank and also remember the night when it all got changed. I got knocked to the ground by an EM or whatever and it was all over. Back when a new char could sell horses for like 500gp or whatever to new folks showing up. Blood red ossies were expensive in this day.

Jack Nickelson

Rohan732

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Free play for a month? Guess I could see what's still on the old account at least :grin:

Amaranthine Embrace

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The gold dupe bug where u put 59,999 gold on a dragon and making it drop twice as much.
Thunderlips placing the first house on siege.
Taking a step out of any town and instantly getting pkd.
Running around Siege and seeing NO houses for hours.
The cost of a tower on ebay back in the day-$1000
Seeing the Hero/Evil characters everywhere.("I shall defend the virtues")
awe fond memories ,those sure were good times.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gating dragons away to the savages and killing the tamer as he spams "ALL KILL"

Tricking a gank sqaud into following your gate to a one tile patch of grass below shame only to find you and your parter on the other side laying poison fields and energy fields.

PVP without dismounts.

Logging on at 4pm and pvping till the morning hours; stopping only to re equip if dead, restock, drop loot, or drop a load.

Large battles with upwards to a 100 people.

Guild politics of early siege.

Being able to pvp as a high end pvper with only 200k in the bank: you did not have to be rich to have the basics any competent pvper should have which ment there were alot more people out and about using it thus more fights and less vaginal behavior in regards to pvp.

Penny SP

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I remember how hard it was back in 1999, starting in Minoc with 100gp and a pickaxe, spending hours trying to make a virtual living and getting murdered on the way back to the crowded town.

Being scared to jump in the Minoc moongate and spending days running around and remaining hidden by a tree, watching what's going on with this thing.

Stealing from seekers of adventure by north Jhelom and killing them to loot and resell their clothes or make bandages (not on SP).

Guildmates, friends and unique moments with them.

Trapped pouches in the backpack, poisoned food on the ground.

My first ship on SP in a sea full of pirates.

Helping people through the volunteers programs.

Edit: the damn half prize tickets! :D

Last edited:

|Brook|

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good times. I have so many fond memories of the players of siege. It was a fun ride while it lasted.
Hope everyone is well!!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*blows a kiss at Brook*

Rohan732

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get to talk to all sorts of people now without being shot at, stabbed, bashed in the head, or having my pants set on fire now ;D