• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old Player returning looking for guild

Mesphito

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello there. Well, I am returning to UO after being gone for around 4 years. I left to play City of Heroes and then WOW, but found myself coming back.

Anyways, I have a tamer that needs a little work (109 with jewlery) and a paladin/warrior, treasure hunter and a dude that makes things. After coming back last week I found the game has changed and as always there are alot of new things to do and see. I used to pretty much play UO solo. Fought mobs and such on my own, but I have found that my old tactics, and even trying some new ones still get my poor White Wyrm munched.

Anyways to make a long story longer, I am looking to join a social guild. Not overly interested in PVP, but wouldn't be against joining a casual PVP guild. Mostly interested in doing the PVE spawns in the Mondain's areas (I left right after SE was released) and things of that nature. I am a mature adult with varying play times and really just want to get back into UO. So please respond if you have any interest in me.

Thanks

Eirik Bloodhand

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Talk with members of MgKA, GRI, SCB, CYM, SnR, FURY, UP, (the list goes on...).

We're a group of allied guilds based in New Haven. Our main purpose is community building (so far as I'm concerned anyway) with the side effects of contributing a lot to everything you mentioned.

Come hunt with us, and see if our style is to your liking! The worst that can happen is you get a few pets and some fun and interesting hunts.

edit: Oh, forgot... Welcome back! I also took that long break from UO (6 years in my case, came back a year ago), so I know where you are in the learning curve. Lots of new stuff to do and learn!

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*waves*

Welcome back! :) You'll be happy to hear that pretty much any guild on Catskills has a great core group of players and that everyone is very friendly. Haven's Angel, SnR, etc are all great people :)

Dark Revelations, Mystic Knights and Brotherhood of the Dragon are my guild and allies, and we try to keep things fairly balanced between our members PVM and PVP play styles. We're a pretty close-knit group with a broad age range of players. You're more than welcome to come hang out with us anytime!

Mesphito

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*waves*

Welcome back! :) You'll be happy to hear that pretty much any guild on Catskills has a great core group of players and that everyone is very friendly. Haven's Angel, SnR, etc are all great people :)

Dark Revelations, Mystic Knights and Brotherhood of the Dragon are my guild and allies, and we try to keep things fairly balanced between our members PVM and PVP play styles. We're a pretty close-knit group with a broad age range of players. You're more than welcome to come hang out with us anytime!
Sounds like what I am looking for. Where do I find you guys? I read some things about a Friday night hunt? Is your group a part of that? If so, sounds like fun, I could join tonight if possible.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like what I am looking for. Where do I find you guys? I read some things about a Friday night hunt? Is your group a part of that? If so, sounds like fun, I could join tonight if possible.
I am a member of SCB, the Friday night hunts are organized by the GM of my guild (Ally Oop) and her right hand lady (Barefoot Princess). I was also in the same situation you are in. I quit just before SE and was gone for about 4 years or so. When I got back the game had changed just enough to have to relearn how to fight. My old solo tactics just didn't work any more. Ally Oop and Barefoot Princess welcomed me into their guild with open arms, and I have been playing with them and the members of the Alliance for a while now. I'm also not all that interested in PvP, but that's not the main focus of SCB (and the majority of the Alliance I believe). Some of the nicest people I have meet in UO have been though my affiliation with SCB and our Allies. I would stongly recommend talking to a few members in New Haven, there's always someone around there it seems, or if you have any other questions feel free to ICQ me anytime.

Welcome back, if there's anything I can do to help you get re-established, don't hesitate to ask.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We're not apart of the hunt nights yet, no. I'm thinking of trying to organize some sort of event to help raise money for the Moonglow Zoo, though. You can find us at Luna pretty much anytime. My husband, Magyar, is all about getting people suited up with whatever we need :) Just shoot me a PM if you'd like my ICQ and we'll get you set up :)

Mesphito

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats funny is for some reason, I thought today was Friday when I posted that message earlier. Don't know why I thought it, but this morning, I was pretty sure it was Friday. :dunce::dunce::dunce:

B

Branwyn of Errol

Alas Friday is still two days away, but Barefoot, Ally and all of the Friday night hunters will be looking for you to join us. Yew gate at 8 PM eastern.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Whats funny is for some reason, I thought today was Friday when I posted that message earlier. Don't know why I thought it, but this morning, I was pretty sure it was Friday. :dunce::dunce::dunce:
*begins her 24hr countdown to Friday*

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back, matey!
Have a few gold coins of tax ready, if'n ye should decide ta join one of dem landlubbin' guilds and hang out in New Haven!

Ye returned at da right moment. The War of Shadows will start next week, so ye better find a group o' adventurers and prepare fer battle!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yeah, one more thing. Don't worry about the Pirates. They may look scary, but that's just because of the scurvy. They're really not so bad.

*Offers Hawkeye an orange*

C

Callie

Welcome back! Happy to have you around. Let us know waht we can do to help get you reacquainted.