• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old Nightmares in the Enhanced Client

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
No, not the black screen bug. I'm talking about old nightmares. I just lored a bunch of pets for a friend, and he has some old pre-AoS nightmares in his collection. Oddly enough these nightmares show up as pure black in the Enhanced Client, they look like dread warhorses.

For anyone that doesn't know dread warhorses and nightmares look different in the EC. Dread warhorses are pure black, while nightmares are charcoal grey with red eyes, unless they are highlighted as aggressive, in which case they turn black. These nightmares weren't highlighted as aggressive.

Anyone else seen anything like this? Is anyone collecting them?

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I remember correctly, there were two shades of colors for nightmares - a gray, and a more black version, called "pure black" (or "non-pure black"). I haven't compared the two in EC, but did see them side by side in the 2D client a while back, and there was a difference in color. It seems the pure black were preferred, but I have no idea re: rarity or collectibility.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If I remember correctly, there were two shades of colors for nightmares - a gray, and a more black version, called "pure black" (or "non-pure black"). I haven't compared the two in EC, but did see them side by side in the 2D client a while back, and there was a difference in color. It seems the pure black were preferred, but I have no idea re: rarity or collectibility.
Well that's it exactly, all of those variations are just a matter of preference, no one is more rare than the other, and none of them show as different in the EC. They all look exactly the same. However, these really old nightmares do look different in the EC. They look like dread warhorses - pure black.

Maybe this is our first EC only "rare" pet... :D

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe this is our first EC only "rare" pet... :D
That would be sweet! I'll have to pull my mares out of storage and see what they look like in EC. They've been so neglected!

I would totally collect them, but I'm a dork like that rolleyes: