• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Old leprechaun suit from 98-99

BadBart

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have a full leprechaun suit from an event from back in the day. wondering whats it worth? I would never ever sell it but just wondering the price range.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Benefactor
I have mine as well, and I can make you one now because they are reproduceable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The boots are still rare, though unless they're double blessed most folks won't notice.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Benefactor
Are they not shadow dancer black?

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Benefactor
Can you not use abyssal or green cloth with no makers mark, dye them shadow dancer black and get the same result?

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I wasn't aware you could dye abyssal cloth clothes with tokuno dyes. If so, than yes, I guess you can recreate the boots.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Am I missing something here because I thought boots were made from leather?

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nope, you're correct. I forgot that boots are made with leather. I think the verdict is that old lep boots remain rare.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are they Shadow Dancer black? I was always under the impression they were a few shades off.

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I have some red boots so they have to be able to be created somehow. No idea where I got them tho or how long ago.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All of the items can be recreated
Edit: unless the boots are double blessed of course
We'll have to see proof I'm afraid, no offense to you Mr Mcgee. Just some sort of documentation showing that they can indeed be made currently. When items as old as these are proven no longer rare (derared?), its important that we sticky it somewhere to save other collectors from purchasing them in the future. It could go somewhere in the false rares area perhaps @Captn Norrington?

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The boots are hue 1109. This hue is only found on lep boots, old evil mage cloth/thrasher cloth and shadow dancer black tokuno dye. Boots are made with leather not cloth and can't be dyed with tokuno dyes as far as I know thus the boots can't be recreated. Ya'll saying that they can be, could you explain how?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bump....can they or cant they be recreated.. the suit yes... defo... the boots???

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We'll have to see proof I'm afraid, no offense to you Mr Mcgee. Just some sort of documentation showing that they can indeed be made currently. When items as old as these are proven no longer rare (derared?), its important that we sticky it somewhere to save other collectors from purchasing them in the future. It could go somewhere in the false rares area perhaps @Captn Norrington?
I have added the leprechaun suit to the "book of false rares" thread in the rares forum archive section. I also put a link to this thread in my post there.

BadBart

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
so the boots are 1109 correct? If i create reg boots there is no way to hue them that color. @Captn Norrington you put in the false rares page all parts can be crafted. please someone prove me wrong and come to atlantic and make these boots.......I tried and it cannot be done. unless i am doing something wrong and someone can prove you can make boots the same hue as the lep boot color.........

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's my position unless someone can prove me wrong on the boots. @Captn Norrington did you specify in your posting about boots vs the rest of the suit?
so the boots are 1109 correct? If i create reg boots there is no way to hue them that color. @Captn Norrington you put in the false rares page all parts can be crafted. please someone prove me wrong and come to atlantic and make these boots.......I tried and it cannot be done. unless i am doing something wrong and someone can prove you can make boots the same hue as the lep boot color.........
I've changed the post to say the boots are still rare and cannot be reproduced. If anyone has conflicting evidence, please post it.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@Scott, I'm not sure what color the boots were offhand. I've seen a few different hues for the green of the suits - even some older suits I think may not have been "real". But if the boots are 1109, that's the darker of the two undyable evil mage greys. I can't think of a way you'd fake those today. If they ever release a dye with that hue, you might be able to fake the look by dying spined/horned/barbed-crafted boots, but not until then.