• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old is new?

D

Dedric001

I'm just checking back in after well a very long time :p No forum seems to be what I'm looking for so I'll just post here.

When I began playing *way back in the day* we spent a great many hours playing UO devloping our characters skills over days months and even years. Then the infmous pub 16 hit, and skills were easy and the game went item based.

It took me all but 4 hours in pub 16 to toss my account out, this is my 1st look back at UO since then.

For S&G's I did the 30 day trial, and from what I've come across not much has really changed from pub 16. Yes their is a bit of new content, however it's not UO. From what I've seen it's more a game set up for a 1-2 year turn around player base.

Yes I did the 30 day trial just to check it out, their are some cool players and some bad, but that is everywhere. Getting the skills and gold needed was pretty easy, and hitting a couple champs also just as easy to pop a couple scrolls. I thought about continuing but in the end the game is not what I wanted. I missed the old days where skills ment a heck of alot more than the gear you had.

Just a FYI after 30 days here was my main skill base over 3 players, most of the power scrolls I was able to buy pretty cheap, I did get a 120 tameing that I was able to trade off for 3 120's I wanted. So 30 days in, some fun was had and I got to goof off and play around a bit. I did this all alone, unguilded and no ganks when in PvP. I would suprise kill people :p

Mule
100 alchemy
100 mineing
115 smithy
100 carpentry
100 tinkering
120 tailoring
65 hideing

Pvm (3/6 fc fcr)
120 provo
120 disco
120 peace
115 mage
110 eval int
110 Meditation
15 whatever

PvP near full 70 resist suit (old school 1 handed pot chugger ftw, red with 54 long counts)
85 str, 15 int 125 dex
120 Fencing
100 poisoning
115 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing
80 Hideing
55 Stealth

I had a 4th character I pvp's with but he was my suicide herder :p
Just get herding up and run around collecting mobs herding them to you, then run up and attack a play and stop herding, you both tend to die pretty fast.

PvP method, (Auto Follow) bola, dagger Poison ofc, then chug a greater agil, followed by total refresh, 90% of the time people are trying to run away at this point or before seems noboy likes to be dismounted it scares them, Assist would start a bandie if needed, and I just kept chugging total refreshses and *auto* following till one of us died :p

Sometimes I would switch to a fork to disarm, but usually didn't have to.

BTW the trick to stop this tactic is to take "1 step" I'm still in range of the auto follow and your out of my strikeing range. So if your dismounted and hit take a single step for a second, then run for your life or duke it out :p
Most of the people who got away were able to get away on mounts if I was not able to target the mount fast enough to block the remount.

It was cool to kill "several" tamers just sitting back with peace and vet.

Time to retire yet again, see you all in another 8-10 years :p

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Have a nice vacation. :)

Lady Wynn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with you I miss the days when skills ment something not how much money you have to throw into a suit. Just saying.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with you I miss the days when skills ment something not how much money you have to throw into a suit. Just saying.
A suit doesn't make a person a good PvPer. Stick a newbie in the best pvp suit out there and he/she will die just as quickly to a good pvper in a mediocre suit than if the newbie had a crappy suit.

Ok...maybe not exactly as quickly but you should get the point.