• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Old house deeds. Risks?

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Recently I obtained an old house deed (the ones you used to place a house back in the day). Now I know there are several risks:
-Do not xshard
-Do not put in bank
-Do not log out with the deed in your backpack
Anything else?

I basically want to lock it down in a container (set to anyone) in my house.

I just want to be 100% sure there is no risk when I do this :).

T

Teufel_Hund

That is fine Kaj, I actually have mine locked down on a counter stacked up.

T

Teufel_Hund

Well back and forth between Tram Fel and Malas would definitly be crossing server lines and I have done all of these things with them in my pack, so Server lines are OK!

B

Blade_Thugluv

Recently I obtained an old house deed (the ones you used to place a house back in the day). Now I know there are several risks:
-Do not xshard
-Do not put in bank
-Do not log out with the deed in your backpack
Anything else?

I basically want to lock it down in a container (set to anyone) in my house.

I just want to be 100% sure there is no risk when I do this :).

can i ask why not to do this? I have a ton in bank, I just xsharded some of the rarer ones off of LS to LA and i have a few on a char i log in and out of once in awhile to access chars.

~Blade

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can i ask why not to do this? I have a ton in bank, I just xsharded some of the rarer ones off of LS to LA and i have a few on a char i log in and out of once in awhile to access chars.
Perhaps you are speaking of mini house deeds. We are speaking of the old full-size house deeds that existed before the creation of house placement tools. Last time I heard, these revert to house placement tools when any of the above actions occur.

B

Blade_Thugluv

Perhaps you are speaking of mini house deeds. We are speaking of the old full-size house deeds that existed before the creation of house placement tools. Last time I heard, these revert to house placement tools when any of the above actions occur.

from what i was told and what i saw was they all revert. Was also told by a number of people that the ones that are around now are the duped ones from people duping them before the pub. I dont know hard to say.

~Blade

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from what i was told and what i saw was they all revert. Was also told by a number of people that the ones that are around now are the duped ones from people duping them before the pub. I dont know hard to say.

~Blade
This is not true.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do not doubleclick it!
It will instantly be converted to a tool and the cash will go to the bank. I did it some weeks ago, as I thought to place a mini house, and instead it was one of my spare real house deeds.
... happens

L

Lord Kynd

Do not doubleclick it!
It will instantly be converted to a tool and the cash will go to the bank. I did it some weeks ago, as I thought to place a mini house, and instead it was one of my spare real house deeds.
... happens
ouch