• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old Cu Sidhe?

Jarnhound

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hi all! Just returned to the game again and decided to give the new animal training a go. Have been reading up about the system and pulled an old pet from the stable and clicked the start pet training button.

But already here I stumbeled: My Cu Sdihe did become a 4 slot and not a 3 slot as seems to be the norm? Is this a bug? Would not that distort training; Only one level of training to raise stats and skills instead of 2?

Any input here would be appreciated.

Jarnhound

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
ok..i pulled out my 2 old tokuno foxes instead and they turned out to be 2 slots when i start training...should they not be 1 slots? Is there a lis somwhere over the slots before and after training? I am mega confused. After running around for a while Vixen had gained 0.9 !!! and Foxy gained 0.6 !!! Just dungeon jumping covetus and ice.....i must be doing something wrong or this is going to take months....

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good Morning, Jarn.. The cu being 4 slot are indeed a bug ..you see under the new system they are suppose to drop to 3 slot.. but some months back they put in a code to stop slot jumping..which caused this bug in cu,hiryus and a few other pets... Luckly there is a quick fix.. go outside of town and make sure your tamer is an elf.. release the cu and retam it.. you will find that it will reset to 3 slot.. sadly it will lose skill points.. and you will have to rebond it..but it will also give ya that extra lvl of training.. as for training you pets.. normal monster will give very little gains... but there are certain boss lvl monsters that do steady sub pare damage that will see your pet to 100% in less then an hour or 2... The first lerks in the lower lvls of shame,, its called the Crazed mage.. if its a pet with less then 300 HP to start you will want to use a cu or something with decent HP to tank him while your little pet gets steady gains... 1-3 slot are very slow going... but 3to 4 is super fast ..and 4-5 is somewhat steady... If you have an old Pre pub 97 mare I would train that bad boy up.. they start with 200-300 more str then current pets and make truly lovely 5 slot pets... but I would also make copies to test and mess around witht he new system abit before doing anything on live.. as that pet will be a living rare... as they no longer spawn that strong anymore.. same goes for 3 slot white wryms.. There are other mini bosses and things to train on ..but don't want to put to much in one post.. if ya have anymore questions feel free to post, message , or ask here.. and the tamers of these forums will be more then happy to aid ya in anyway we can.. =^-^=

Jarnhound

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thank you Donavon for a very helpful answer. And yes I have and old mare....515 STR, 125 Dex & Int...and it started as a 2 slot in training. Have been further down in Shame than ever before and said hello to a crazy old fellow that was pretty hostile (even managed to flee from him first time to end up in the loving embrace of some nasty vortexes...big mistake) .... but im progressing well with the mare at 67% now even if the crazed mage tends to hit very hard in bursts and i cant keep up with 120 vet....but all in all I am super happy and really enjoy the new system. This is more fun than ive had in a loong time :)

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi all! Just returned to the game again and decided to give the new animal training a go. Have been reading up about the system and pulled an old pet from the stable and clicked the start pet training button.
I would highly recommend not training your legacy animals until you have a firm grasp on the new taming system. I would suggest trying to train other animals or animals like your before committing to their training. The system is complex, it's easy to miss stuff, you cannot undo any actions and lastly legacy pets are irreplaceable. I have seen so many legacy animals ruined by people coming back and making innocent mistakes (like we all made when the system came out) or deciding something else works better with their tamer.

One last thing, how old is your nightmare and what server is she on? There are some extremely rare super old nightmares (only have 515 str).

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Wow, 515 str old nightmares are super rare?
I have 3 of them, from not long after AoS. 2 pures and 1 light, long mane.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wow, 515 str old nightmares are super rare?
I have 3 of them, from not long after AoS. 2 pures and 1 light, long mane.
No, not all. Just the only ones I've seen have been the 515 str. And all of those are from prior to AoS. Of course after looking and looking, I have only seen a total of 7 of these nightmares. It's been my mission to find more of these.

Last edited:

Jarnhound

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hmmmm....i might follow the advice of waiting with completing training the girl. I have read a bit about how to train a mare and was going to do the following: Set stamina to max.Set the Dex to max. Put the STR to 700. Set the resists to the values you want. Max the Mana regen. Put the mana to 400. Use the rest of the points in Hit points or HP regen.
Then get it to the next level.

I am looking for a pretty standard build for a strong 5 slot mare: Like Finegolds build in this thread: 2 slot Nightmare Training

Here is a screenshot of the current status:
lucrezia.jpg

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
looks like a good plan, I would make a few copies on to test over the next week or two and really get a feel for the taming system before moving forward... if you like I would gladly meet ya there sometime...As Khaelor said there are a few keys mistakes that can be made because of changes to the way pets worked in pub 97.. the one that cost all of us at least one pet was the fact they unlinked Int from mana pool.... so increasing int does not increase its mana.. ya have to do that in stats under mana.. thats just one of many mines one can step on in the field known as the new taming system.. hehe.. Just let me know if you would like to meet up on test... and thank you for sharing your pet taming journey with all of us.. =^-^=

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Donavon What is the correct order to add things to a beetle to not lose the Rune Corruption if I wanted to add stuff like AI to it or what-not? So I can correctly work up a Blue Beetle, Fire Beetle or the new Frost Beetle and have Rune Corruption on it?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
For a normal giant beetle its armor ignore, (2nd moves if ya choose to add one), Rune corruption, then poison skill.. for a fire beetle its Exp goo( if you want it aoe spec), armor Ignore(if you picked aoe spec other wise 2nd move if ya want one,rune Corruption, Poison skill..The frost mite( beetle) will already have its aoe loaded..so ya just add Armor ignore, RC, Poison..make sure to farm a 2 slot one if ya train one of those.. The key thing is always add rune corruption last on the move list to avoid the sealing bug then the poison school of magic for the extra free damage.. Hope this helps =^-^=

Last edited:

Jarnhound

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ok....finally got around to releasing and retaming my old cu sidhe.....and the result was very underwhelming. It is still a 4 out of 5 slots but all the skills dropped. No changes in stats or slots, but the skills got kinda halved....Not really the result i was hoping for...

Gardo

Journeyman
Ok....finally got around to releasing and retaming my old cu sidhe.....and the result was very underwhelming. It is still a 4 out of 5 slots but all the skills dropped. No changes in stats or slots, but the skills got kinda halved....Not really the result i was hoping for...
After the latest patch, they aren’t dropping properly. Should be remedied in a future update though. If I’m remembering correctly....

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
After the latest patch, they aren’t dropping properly. Should be remedied in a future update though. If I’m remembering correctly....
Unless hes a 610 HP Cu and super rare...Probably would stash him and wait for the update..No real big point about PP Cus nothing special about them in other words. I would at least for now put my efforts of getting a decent quality Cu (STR close to 600, cold res closer to 70 energy closer to 70), and work with that, unless you want special color also. Now PP mares, and Dragons have different story, completely..