• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old Cu, best thing for just taking from 4-5?

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have someone who wants to top out an old Cu just because they don't want to get rid of it.

How many points does a 4 to 5 get?

I want to be help, but I want to be knowledgeable about it.

They know they are not going to get anything grand, but can we squeeze Chiv and some hit points? It has 535 hit points.

Test center is still down or we were going to take it there to do a test run first to see what could be done so we don't fub it up.

They have a nicer cu someone helped then with, so getting a new one isn't needed.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Really not much point in doing this.
This!

The ONLY reason I MIGHT consider bothering with this, is if it were a blaze Cu. But even then, someone who would pay for a blaze Cu KNOWING it was a 4 slot, would probably rather have it AS a 4 slot.

Unless it is a blaze one, training 1 level, and trying to be "passed off" as a "regular" 3 slot blaze, I just don't see any reason.

Last edited:

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I have someone who wants to top out an old Cu just because they don't want to get rid of it.

How many points does a 4 to 5 get?

I want to be help, but I want to be knowledgeable about it.

They know they are not going to get anything grand, but can we squeeze Chiv and some hit points? It has 535 hit points.

Test center is still down or we were going to take it there to do a test run first to see what could be done so we don't fub it up.

They have a nicer cu someone helped then with, so getting a new one isn't needed.
You can use the Pet Planner still, you will just need to manually adjust for 1 less level. Ignore the % rating as it will be way off due to it being a 4 slot:
  1. Go to the Intensity Calculator
  2. Choose Trained Pet
  3. Enter in the Cu Stats as they are
  4. **At the top, set Remaining Points to 1501, and Current Slot to 5.
  5. Calculate the rating (but ignore it)
  6. Click the button to go to the Pet Planner
**This is the important part, the top should look like this:

You should now be able to spec the Cu as if it was an old 4-slot pet with 1 round of training.

As others have said, you won't be able to do a whole lot with it, but if you don't care then you can use the Planner to see what spec it can take without having to make many copies to TC.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had a similar issue with several cu's I had tamed pre-pet training. You could try to release the cu and retame as that worked with over half of the cu's that I had. That being said, if it's a high end cu (I had a 4.5 star one with awesome stats & resists) then it won't matter if you re-tame because it's overcapped and will remain 4 slots. As everyone else has suggested in this case, it's unfortunate but it's pretty much junk at that point. 1501 skill points won't make it better than a regular 3 slot cu that will have double the points to use.

Gardo

Journeyman
....... You could try to release the cu and retame as that worked with over half of the cu's that I had.......
The 'release and re-tame' action no longer works. (hasn't for quite sometime) It has something to do with the fix to pets that prevents exploitation. Unfortunately a 4-slotter is going to stay a 4-slotter.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks everyone! Yeah as I posted, They have a nicer cu someone helped then with, so getting a new one isn't needed. :)

That's what I figuring was just Chiv and upping hitpoints to 600 and regens. I have one that I have that has 600 and it rarely ever dies with consume unless overwhelmed.

I have an old one I did this too as well and other than taking longer to kill things, it's just fine. :)