• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

old bug, spawn trapped in boxes question

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I know you've all seen them, the lanterns and things stuck in boxes that weighed like 222 stones or more. I remember getting some odd things here and there. Anyone out there have a collection of the odd ones? or pics or something. I would love to see them all....recently I found some neat looking wheat in a box and it was one I hadn't seen before....and I remember getting like a turnip top and some odd grasses.....anyway would love to look at some other things.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was "Hanging Lanterns"... in in a wooden box, not a bag.

Generated... well, I wont say how... BUT, people would use them to break the box and have hanging lanterns around their houses.

I have one in my collection... however the "cause" was fixed long ago.

There was also half stretched leather part. :)

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow! I never "saw" the statues (in a box)... BUT I knew they happened.

You can see them now and then, at least around Atlantic.

I know the leather and hanging lamp came from inns. Wonder where the statues came from. Clearly long before we had the ability to craft them. :)

Just never saw any desire why anyone would want something they could never move, outside the box. Wish staff would finally fix the lamps and torches so vendors could hold them like long ago. Sometimes it feels like bugs never get fixed. YEARS old bugs. hehe

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sometimes it feels like bugs never get fixed. YEARS old bugs.
Off topic now, the oldest bug is "right mouse button does something other than face/walk/run in that direction" on the classic client. That was bad design from day one, and you'll still hear people saying that they "lost a spell icon."

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
no its fixed has been for year n years, what you got depended on what shop you were in when you did it...the tanner only took like 2 minutes for some reason that's why there were the stretched hides everywhere. the statues ive seen but cant remember what shop they came from, the lanterns you could get just about anywhere but they would spawn in the inns fast like the tanner shop...….ive also seen parts of walls, lamp posts, hay, the head of Lord Sir Thorn, coal, wheat, and the turnip greens I got myself.....it was easy to do, and actually fun! but I never could get it to work in anything except the red boxes...ofcourse then you could chop them to drop your item.....now I use to get the unused tiles in bags from chess boards, but you could chop bags also then....was always a hoot to get 124 of them and go to brit and chop the bag..