• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old Bows

A

Adara

I have a few old bows that i got from a IDOC. I know that you used to be able to make double slayers with these.....I was wondering if anyone happens to know if you can still do it and how.

Looking to go from this:

[/IMG]

TO THIS:

[/IMG]

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a few old bows that i got from a IDOC. I know that you used to be able to make double slayers with these.....I was wondering if anyone happens to know if you can still do it and how.
If the bow you are high lighting is still brown colored it can be enhanced and might be able to get another slayer property by having a fletcher modify it with gears. If its black colored already can't.

A

Adara

How do you modify it with gears?

I do have some of the black ones, but the one in the picture is a brown bow

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I belive you mod it with a tinker and gear not sure what skill level if any he needs though double click the gear then the bow If i remember right

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you do happen to make a double slayer out of it, and seeing how it's got demon on it already......don't sell it cheap.....that's one of those high end bows.

P

packrat

The way you can tell if the bow can be modified is to dbl click on it and it will ask you to target the gears. A gm fletcher has to enhance it. I recently made a few double slayers from older bows. I haven't made one with demon on it yet. I have about 4 left and will try my luck later.
Good luck. I hope you get a nice one.

A

Adara

Thank you all for the info.....If i get anything of value ill post some pics!!

A

Adara

It worked GREAT!!

Burned a few Elemental bows that ended up with orc or something else as the other slayer.

But these two came out just like i wanted them.
If anyone might now what a starting price on these might be, please let me know.
and again thanks for the info!

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those bows are unfortunately not worth what they were when Doom was new:
- theres a cap of 300% DI (Lightning Strike with a bushido archer:100%, slayer property: 100%, EOO:50%)
- no mods except for the slayers ('only' 200% DI to Df but no SSI, hit spell or leech)
- double slayer bows are craftable again (ML-Slayer Bow Recipe; with latest publishes could be craft in exceptional quality)

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A little trick i learned long ago is that you can enhance the bows before modifying them

A

Adara

Good points all of them.....wish i would have thought of enhancing them before. but im still happy with them......
Also i have been on the test center trying to make double slayers with the new bows and found that they are very hard to make and the chances of it being elemental and demon are pretty slim.

thanks all for the imput!

C

Connor_Graham

If you're on Pacific I'd like to talk to ya about the bows.

A

Adara

The gears i got from the NPC Tinker.

The two bows are on Chessy and available for bid if anyone is interested.