• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Old account reactivated.. What's rare and what's not?

Z

zorrah

I recently returned to UO (haven't seriously played since 1999) and I've been trying to find a recently updated list online of what's rare/rarish and what's not and haven't had any luck. Not talking about unique items, just certain labels on armor (ie: old armor that is the color of agapite without the agapite label, etc). Also a pricing scheme on certain things like ranger armor, old style odd-colored plate armor, guild deeds, old holiday gifts, etc. Are guild deeds even rare? I've got no idea about a lot of this stuff, what is weird and what is not. I've been back for some time and still can't get the hang of everything being numbered as far as resists, etc. Weirdness.

Anyway, is there a site out there or am I better off making a list and having one of you wonderfully knowledgeable people evaluate and tell me if I've got crap or not?

Thanks!

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'll be better off making a list, and checking old posts in this forum I'm afraid...

F

feath

i'd say pretty much anything from 1999 is rare - i'd not throw anything out until each piece is identified.
as for the guild deeds, so long as they make a stone still, they're popular. i see them going from 5-10m-ish. i collect them, and for a name i like, i'd happily pay 10m for one.

Z

zorrah

This is a deed for a stone that was never actually placed..

And as for the list, I'll get to working on it :}

Z

zorrah

*eyes crossed* okay the list is almost done, and I've read through a ton of the forum.. what, 8 hours later?

before I edit the list and make it semi-readable/understandable.. I have a couple of questions.

1. With old weapons that were converted to the "new" numbering system (ie: supremely accurate silver xbow of vanquishing, etc) are the specific stats important? Meaning, do people collect these at all, and if they do, are they trying to build a set? I've got enough of this stuff that I definitely see a trend (and even remember some of my favorite weapons from 9 years ago) between the old titles and specific percentages, HCI, DI, etc. Also, do things like Charges of Weakness, etc. affect price?

2. Is there any market for newbified clothes? What about newbified items?

3. I haven't tested it yet, but I found a rune for Green Acres. Do these things still work and are they worth anything?

4. Is jewelry with charges on it valuable?

5. Are wands with old charges on them valuable? I realize probably not ID wands/staves due to their popularity, but I did find quite a few ones that have the older charges on them. Today's wands/staves only have healing and fireball, right? *clueless*

6. Are the playermade weapons that got converted to the "new" numbering system that have a very generic stock set of stats (same every time) worth anything? ie:

Kryss
Crafted By Bruenor
Exceptional
Weight: 2 Stones
Damage Increase 20%
Physical Damage 100%
etc

7. Do folks on this board collect on Asian shards? I have a few chars on Wakoku and Yamato that I'm having a hard time logging on to (every char that I'm logging into ends up crashing on load, then when I restart UO I'm being booted to Tram EBB's lamp post, on each shard.. except Sonoma, Wakoku and Yamato, where my chars are just hanging on the Entering Brittania screen, it's weird. I guess chars that haven't been played in 9+ years wreak havoc on EA's servers :X). I ask because they probably will have relatively lowpriced items (if anything at all), so if no one collects there it's likely not worth any more of my time.

Thanks! :)

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are the answers I know, some other people will help with the rest :

2 ---> not really, we have clothing bless deeds obtainable from BODs, so you can expect to get anywhere from 250 to 400k per blessed clothes, if you find a buyer. As for items, it will depend on the item, but newbified daggers for example are hard to sell.

4 ---> No not really, there's still plenty of it around. Some people buy things like invisibilty earrings because they can be used without taking up a useful slot, maybe invisibility boots if they exist, but that's about it. I think I remember people buying at 100k tops per charge for earrings. There is no collectible value, although some packages sometimes sell on auction on europa.

5 ---> Nope they're not very valuable either. No collectible value, although sometimes sells in bulk at auctions.

6 ---> Different types of old weapons. The [Exceptional] stuff Made by xxx is interesting, and usualy sells for anything between 2 and 5 mils a pop, depending on the coolness of the crafter's name, the type of weapon, and the buyer.

That's all I can answer :danceb:

Which shard are you on?

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. With old weapons that were converted to the "new" numbering system (ie: supremely accurate silver xbow of vanquishing, etc) are the specific stats important? Meaning, do people collect these at all, and if they do, are they trying to build a set? I've got enough of this stuff that I definitely see a trend (and even remember some of my favorite weapons from 9 years ago) between the old titles and specific percentages, HCI, DI, etc. Also, do things like Charges of Weakness, etc. affect price?
Only items with charges and/or the durability at the top of the stat list on an un-enhanced piece (durability 50%, for example) are identifiable as old items. (And, the multiple resists on shields, of course.) If something were simply 'club of vanquishing' back in the day, it will just be damage increase 35% now, which could still occur as a mob drop.

There is a small market for these items among weapon/armor specialty collectors. They do not sell for a lot at all, maybe 20-50k per.

Z

zorrah

Thanks for all of your answers! Very helpful indeed. I'll post my price check list either tonight or tomorrow, now that I have a better idea of what's worthwhile or not.